Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Was Sally X Nicole Actually A Thing?

Sally Nicole Shipping Canon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GeekySonic

GeekySonic

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

I perused the topics to see if this was brought up, and I couldn't find one. My apologies if I somehow glossed over one. Basically, I'm just a little confuzzled. I read somewhere (DeviantArt I think) from someone who was rather upset that apparently Sally and Nicole were a confirmed couple in the comic books (for as long as it mattered, I suppose). Now, I haven't read all of the comics, and it's been years since I read one at all. But that sounded like kind of a big deal, so I tried to do a little digging to see if it's true.

The only evidence this person presented was a tweet from Jennifer Hernandez picturing a doodle of Sally and Nicole sharing a smooch. Now, I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure fan art counts for nothing (even if it came from one of the comic artists). Another person showed me a tweet from Ian Flynn coyly acknowledging that the pairing was possible.

Other than that, I have found nothing. But still there are people who will swear up and down that it's canon. So, if anyone knows for a definitive fact, would you please share it below? I am genuinely curious.

#2 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

It would be nothing more than a cheap gimmick to show how readers a trendy new gay couple. Big deal. Shipping was one of the worst aspects of the comic.

#3 GeekySonic

GeekySonic

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

It would be nothing more than a cheap gimmick to show how readers a trendy new gay couple. Big deal. Shipping was one of the worst aspects of the comic.

Very well may be, I'm just curious. Like I mentioned, I don't really follow the comics, but I still feel as though I would have heard of this before now.

#4 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

There was a thread about this a while back, but I can't remember the title... Basically Flynn talked about the idea of making them a couple in one of his podcasts. I don't think it ever became canon though.

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

It was never confirmed they were, but Ian admitted that him and Aliyeah put down hints that it was a possibility. Ian later said they were never gonna fully go for it. Which is funny that he attempted to do it because he said back in 2013 that he wouldnt do a gay couple in Sonic because it wasnt the right place for it.

I saw a lot of backlash against it because it was shoehorned in and they essentially changed 20+ years of character background to do so. If you're gonna have something like that in the comic, use or make a new character.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Mainly what was said above, and a tweet by Ian saying he was surprised the possibility could be implied without SEGA censoring (probably because they don't even know about the existence of these characters). Yuri shippers, Sonamy fanboys, MRAs and outright trolls did the rest.

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

It was never confirmed they were, but Ian admitted that him and Aliyeah put down hints that it was a possibility. Ian later said they were never gonna fully go for it. Which is funny that he attempted to do it because he said back in 2013 that he wouldnt do a gay couple in Sonic because it wasnt the right place for it.

Actually, that was the result of Penders (big surprise).

Penders' intentions for M25YL was to have Rotor step out of the closet, but his departure from the comics left it hanging. When Ian decided to resume the story, he had no idea Rotor was intended to be gay and simply had his partner Cobor killed off because he served no purpose to the story.

It wasn't until later when Penders revealed his true intentions, which only made Ian look bad. But the truth of the matter was Penders was really bad at establishing Rotor's relationship. No one could tell he and Cobor were supposed to be spouses. How was Ian supposed to know?

And since it was Penders' idea, Ian wasn't allowed to utilize it. So it was never brought up again.

#8 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

If you read the Reboot chunk of Archie Sonic, it's strongly hinted at Sally and Nicole having a more than friends relationship, but It's left ambiguous enough that you can read it that way if you want to, though it wasn't ever really part of the story.  Truthfully, it's closer to Sonic and Tails's relationship in my opinion, more like family than just friends.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sally, Nicole, Shipping, Canon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users