Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Advertisement For An Animated Film I'm Doing

animation

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:04 PM

Okay, this is probably not the place to put it as there doesn't seem to be one as this is not Sonic related per se. However, SatAM is one of the influences of this film, so here goes: Hi, I'm an animator who owns the studio Woodard Art & Animation. I don't have a website yet outside of my deviantart page (http://www.deviantart.com/smithygcn) and I am working on a traditionally animated film called "God Bless the 80s!". It's a film where humans and animals live together peacefully (usually) and the main characters are trying to solve a mystery where thousands of people are disappearing off the face of the earth. This is a faith based film and I know the stigma surrounding those kind of films. They are normally not animated/directed well and are not entertaining and are too ham-fisted with their message and I'd agree with you! I am working on making this film entertaining first and foremost and trying to make the animation look as good as I can. The message is also "anyone can be redeemed", but it isn't going to be hammer-over-the-head. I hope to make a film all people who love cartoons can enjoy!

I'll be posting concept art when I do them:

Jason Addams - An animator for a third rate animation studio and is tired of his job. He seeks to make his own feature films and push his abilities to the limit of what he can do. Short, ill-tempered, and a smoker; Jason has issues he needs to deal with to mature on his journey. Is a Messianic Jew and is at odds with his family. Is a bit of a perfectionist.

Gabrielle Welder - An artist who hails from Jamaica. She had a troubled history and was saved by her adoptive father Jonathon. Has only recently recovered from mental issues that were brought on by a tragic event in her life and, as a result, desires the same healing in everyone. Is looking after her ailing father.

Luna Paxton - A goth/punk fox who is trying to get all of the main characters of the story together. Despite being of goth culture, she is actually very religious - she just loves the look. Is working with Cain Martinez in trying to solve the mystery of why people are disappearing.

The Deidrich - A beatnik with bad poetry. Gets confused very easily.

Quint Quinson - Man with a VERY big ego and changes jobs often. Works currently as an animation model for Jason's studio. When he introduces himself, something explodes.

Rhodelia - A dragon lady who towers over most people. Has lightning powers she recharges by coming into contact with electricity. Eats everything that isn't tied down or on fire.

Yong Moon - A Korean American who runs the White Lilly Hotel. A very busy woman with no time for herself and has never taken a vacation. Hates her job.

Dean Deanerson - Very strange individual who can cause bizarre things to happen while he's around. Never seems to notice what goes on around him. Obsessed with potatoes.

Cain Martinez - Ex-leader of a gang of four back when he was young. An outlaw being framed for the disappearances of people throughout the city or at least part of an organization behind it. A sharpshooter.

AJ Richardson - Ex-martial artist turned businessman. Runs a ketchup factory in Oregon that is in serious financial trouble. Trying to invent the world's best ketchup to put on hot dogs.

These are not all the characters. I will be posting more as I go.

#2 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

Order of Swords Final Boss

• Fellow FUSer
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

Don't expect much of a response here dude.  The power of the leech is so great at this point that most people don't even know how to do the bare minimum to sustain what it is they're actually leeching - it doesn't even matter what the quality of it is.

I'll check you out on deviant art though, and leave feedback from time to time.  Here though, I believe me and only one other person (a certain faker hedgehog ;P ) checks this place daily and responds just as much. 

My art:  http://shen-fn-woo.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffini.../shenfuckinwoo/

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

#3 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,581 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

Hey man, the creative corner is open to all projects whether it's Sonic or not.

I do like the message of "anyone can be redeemed" and it's a great message. Yeah you're gonna have your work cut out for ya with it being traditionally animated and a faith based film but it seems you have have the mindset to get this done. I'll look forward to what you will produce.

Questions I do have are this: How will this film be distributed (YouTube? Film Festivals? Etc.) and will you be financing this by patreon/donations or not until you get to a certain point if at all?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#4 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

I plan on putting this in theaters like in the old days! :)

I hope to get a sponsor, but I can do a kickstarter or something until then and I plan on getting a team of artists to help out. The script is being written and edited while professional writers help with it. If this film is successful even slightly then I plan on doing more parts for this series as I have a ton of ideas. And, no, the film won't end on a cliffhanger. That would be stupid.

Also, Shen, is there a discord for this forum I could join that everyone attends?

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,581 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

I plan on putting this in theaters like in the old days! :)

I hope to get a sponsor, but I can do a kickstarter or something until then and I plan on getting a team of artists to help out.

Excellent!

Well if you do a kickstarter I'll see what I can do to contribute.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

• Fellow FUSer
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

Also, Shen, is there a discord for this forum I could join that everyone attends?

Not that I know of.  I'd start one myself, but there's a few problems:

- a few people here don't get along with me

- some of them blocked me because I don't get along with their friends, and would be in turn, be pre-emptively banned for such drama (what's between me and one guy stays between me and one guy)

- I have a very lax attitude towards moderation.  It's very hard to get me to want to mod someone, even if they're verbally abusive to me everyday.  People have a tendency to not act like adults, and instead of using their own tools to end communications with someone, they want a person removed from the entire friggin thing.  Unless you're "breaking" something, I wouldn't bother.

I don't think anyone else here has the time to look after one either, except for their own boards....

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

#7 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

There is an IRC channel but it's pretty much a ghost town. The only regulars that have been there lately are me, chief, Cheezmatt, and Kingsquee.

We've been thinking of replacing it with a Discord, though...

#8 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

I wonder why this place is pretty much abandoned? There's a lot of love for this series (SatAM, I mean).

#9 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

Old series...lack of updates on the site.  Partly...mostly my fault.   I'm busy these days and...Well cant code or do shit with sites.  Since Ive taken over Ive paid to get stuff update and have had it done.  But I also am a single father so Money goes elsewhere. 
As for anything Satam...Most people are older...Its a cartoon that...Well nothing new has happened in it in how long?

I do plan on revamping the site.  More gearing it towards our comic Sea3on.    Sea3on is a constantly updating thing...Even though we now need one new artist after the next page update...Its not like the comic is dead.  We are working with people on that.  

The site needs a major overhaul that is for sure. And to branch into different areas.  Not just its SatAM aspect that we mostly go on.    Part of the reason I'm chatting with people on other sites,..Its going slow...cause of me again.  I wont deny I'm slow at doing things for FUS these days.  Life.  11 Year old daughter...Priorities. 

But Ive belonged to this website since I was 14...I'm now 31.  So I have commitments here as well.  And stuff I hope to get going.

Will Sea3on keep going as the flagship?  Yeah.  I'm not stopping that.
Will the site and forums go through a over haul?  Yep...When?  Dunno...

Are there other surprises in store from chats Ive had with others?  yep.

#10 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:56 AM

Ah, okay. Didn't mean to strike a nerve or anything; just was asking a question. ^^;

Nice to hear from you directly, though.

#11 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

• Fellow FUSer
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

I don't think he's mad per se, but I'm pretty sure he gets asked that question a lot. 

I would've said "outsource" some duties and occasionally supervise, but then again, they've probably already exhausted that option.

#12 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Oh I'm not mad at all. Just happy to explane the current situation.

#13 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:14 PM

Part of it is our forum signup form has been broken since April and we just found out about it the other day. I'm gonna fix it soon.

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,581 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

Part of it is our forum signup form has been broken since April and we just found out about it the other day. I'm gonna fix it soon.

I'm surprised there wasn't a way to tell you that it wasn't working right sooner without having to dig for it

#15 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:42 PM

Probably people have been trying to tell us using the site's contact form, but there's a problem with that too.

#16 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:07 AM

Updated with new art and bios! Dean's art has been changed to a standalone art piece of him.

Dean Deanerson - Very strange individual who can cause bizarre things to happen while he's around. Never seems to notice what goes on around him. Obsessed with potatoes.

Cain Martinez - Ex-leader of a gang of four back when he was young. An outlaw being framed for the disappearances of people throughout the city or at least part of an organization behind it. A sharpshooter.

AJ Richardson - Ex-martial artist turned businessman. Runs a ketchup factory in Oregon that is in serious financial trouble. Trying to invent the world's best ketchup to put on hot dogs.

#17 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

http://sonicsatam.co...0_2_2253005.png

A concept drawing of a fight between Jason and one of the villains.

#18 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,581 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

http://sonicsatam.co...0_2_2253005.png

A concept drawing of a fight between Jason and one of the villains.

For some reason I'm picturing a cousin of Skeletor as the villain

#19 SmithyGCN

SmithyGCN

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

Fay Beckle

Jason Expressions Part 1

New stuff. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: animation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users