Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Freedom Resurrection - Mobius Grid Mmo-rp Project

Satam robotropolis mobius knothole opensim metaverse hypergrid freedom fighters sally online

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ZealousFoX

ZealousFoX

Freedom Fighter strategic coordinator/Robotropolis Development M

• Fellow FUSer
  • 51 posts
  • Location:Control and Development Complex, Robotropolis Sector Zelot 16 (Canton, Ohio)

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

PROJECT SYNOPSIS

FREEDOM RESURRECTION IS A NEW RP PROJECT WITHIN THE METAVERSE “MOBIUS”, AND IS BEING WORKED ON BY SOME MEMBERS WITHIN THE “MOBIUS TEAM” STAFF. THIS PROJECT WILL HOPEFULLY FILL THE GAPS BETWEEN “SONIC THE HEDGEHOG” OR COMMONLY KNOWN AS “SATAM” BY ITS DEVOTED FANS. WITH THE CORE GOAL BEING TO CREATE A CONTINUATION MMO-RP LIKE PLATFORM FOR FANS AND GAMERS ALIKE TO EXPERIENCE AN INTERACTIVE AND STORY DRIVEN GAME WORLD.

SO FOR INITIAL CORE PURPOSES. HERE IS A BRIEF BUILD UP OF THE STORY FOR THE FIRST FEW “HOURS” OF GAMEPLAY.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

With the fall of the planet’s most vile enemy, by the hands of the Knothole Freedom Fighters. The last few months have been discussion on how to continue onward into rebuilding what has been lost all those years back.

Princess Sally is in charge of mobilizing a new wave of progress within this planet wide prospect. This wave or movement is codenamed “Freedom Resurrection” and will hopefully bring back the once grand and esteemed city Mobotropolis out of the remains of Robotropolis.

Your first goal as a selected role in “Freedom Resurrection” will be to go into Robotropolis and see what all needs to be salvaged to convert into a “New Mobotropolis”. You will be guided by Sally herself, and shown the ropes on how to maneuver within the city and how to utilize the standard equipment the Freedom Fighters have supplied you with. (TUTORIAL PHASE BASICALLY)

During this mission however. You discover that Robotropolis is very much still hostile, and now have to learn how to defend yourself and or… Escape back to the safety of Knothole. To give an idea of the forms of hostility within the city is mostly comprised of Swat-Bot Patrol Units and Security Defences. But… There is something more sinister lying deep under the surface. Something you or the Freedom Fighters never expected.

Problem is… You black-out not to long after seeing the… Husks of flesh and liquid containment capsules…

Would others believe you… or… Will they fear you…

Choice is yours, but maybe with help you can unravel the darkness within the seeming light.

Your journey starts… Now.

ArZprCB.jpg

By the way... 

Mobius Grid has 800+ users, and 350+ active per month on average. 

Where There's A Will, There's A Way.

eQTSvXC.png

q2AzLoU.png

https://www.youtube....er/ZealousFoX23

#2 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:04 AM

Hey adding in more screen shots

Attached File  Snapshot_001.png   671.79KB   0 downloads

Attached File  UncleChuckshideout_002.png   1.09MB   0 downloads

Attached File  UncleChuckshideout_006.png   1000.84KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Snapshot_004.png   397.6KB   0 downloads

Attached File  RobotropolisconstructionWIP_001.png   1.08MB   0 downloads

Attached File  CT_iMj6UkAARjhg.png   254.92KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CT_iNnwUEAEl9yN.png   314.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CT_PxaXUcAEh72w.png   595.87KB   0 downloads

Attached File  mobiusgrid_by_prdarkfox-d8g3frt.png   77.1KB   0 downloads logo designed by whiteMageTifa, Remastered by PrDarkFox

Attached File  comm_ninsego__mobius_grid_title_screen_by_prdarkfox-d8git1ps.png   401.76KB   0 downloads Login Page Designed by PrDarkFox

#3 ZealousFoX

ZealousFoX

• Fellow FUSer
  • 51 posts
  • Location:Control and Development Complex, Robotropolis Sector Zelot 16 (Canton, Ohio)

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

So here's a few more screenshots I took while myself and two others were working on Robotropolis.

SHOT 1

ddiUHAS.png

This was with me cruising around, and heading towards Julian's Command Center in a makeshift hover unit. (Canon SatAM vehicles are currently in development) To my vehicles left is our placeholder swat-bot factory. Even though things have really only started development. Already the city is shaping up nicely.

SHOT 2

0fYQX50.png

Just me taking another screen shot. This time however I wasn't piloting, but instead positioned the hover unit as to give a aerial cinematic effect, but... While I could pilot up in the air. The way the camera is set with the vehicle at this time... Would be hard to get a shot like that.  

SHOT 3

pynn0EP.png

And here's my character within Freedom Resurrection. Also get a nice taste of the lighting and haze that the newly added (yet no fully complete) day and night cycling will give to the atmosphere of this metallic work of beauty... Eheh... That... that was... Ne... never mind.

So there you have it. Some more eye candy, and to show off our current development status. More will be shown soon as more is developed.  

eQTSvXC.png

q2AzLoU.png

#4 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

A video of Freedom Resurrection as a WIP

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

Out of curiosity is this going to be more Story Driven like SWtoR and FFXIV or more free play like MapleStory? 

#6 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:56 AM

Depends on the location and what your doing. Robotropolis and other mission areas would be story based and action while Knothole (not built yet) would be a hub world where you could get said missions and role play with other residents in more traditional role play as someone living in knothole. one thing planed is (since you can have more then one avatar on a single account) is OC can be permanently killed and even roboticized (and at some point in later expansions aka "seasons" deroboticized).

#7 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Letting you know we love input on our work. So let us know. Also just putting this out there that is a very early build of Robotropolis.

#8 ZealousFoX

ZealousFoX

• Fellow FUSer
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

Here's the next batch of development content for Freedom Resurrection.

First up is the current developments with Freedom Resurrection's website... Still a major work in progress.

Definitely not too shabby of a site... Don't you think?

Also we got Swat Bots!

Rydkn9L.png

43VGL0Q.png

Here's it in action!

Here's some other content in the works...

AA8hg9Z.png

Model is being made by TurboThunderBolt, among other project content.

And last but not least... Doors! We have some working doors (semi working) but working.

So that's the recent update on Freedom Resurrection for you guys, hope you all enjoy!

eQTSvXC.png

q2AzLoU.png

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

Can we get pictures of the SWATbots in a lighter background?  It's kinda hard to see what they look like.  

#10 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

I have one some where in my Hard drive give me a bit to look for it

#11 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

12513491_974883299257458_790796824017636

#12 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:39 PM

First of all, I appreciate this whole project. It's outstanding what you've accomplished so far. I'm so happy and I want to play this for myself. Now I'm going to voice my concerns. Please don't take this as any kind of displeasure or hate. I want this to succeed, that is why I'm saying this horrible things. xD

Alright, so an easy quick thing is to voice a little concern about the vehicle being flown in that gameplay wip video you showed. It looked like the rotation point on the vehicle was way too far to the left. You need to center that rotation point, lol.

Now, one of the major things I wanted to say is to look for ways to texturize the environment other than the simple art textures by applying more bump map to the road, for instance, or adding more random...stuff laying around. Like extra parts, or wooden planks...just junk to build the immersiveness of the environment. I think there needs to be something extra between the wall of the road and the road, if only a sidewalk of some kind, so it doesn't seem like "it's a roa- OH IT'S A WALL." Lol. The more 3D texture you have as opposed to flat texture will make it all that much more tangible. I understand you can't go crazy, you wanna make sure people can play this thing. But look for tricks to make more of an environment, it'll just be that much better to play in.

...I have to be honest, the character modeling is super stiff. You gotta unstiff those characters, man. Pull back the hair on the foxes, make Sonic's spikes blend into his head more, please...please don't make it that one line of spikes going down his head, it looks pretty bad. xD You need to find a way to blend in those spikes so they look like they fit on his head, like it's a part of his head. That's one reason Sega opted to change his spike design when they did Sonic 3D blast, so it looked natural. I would play with more drawings and figuring out a unique way to do this.

More natural, more flooowing character designs is what I strongly recommend.

So that was my criticism so far. Now the Swatbots, however, look just....incredible. Keep it. That's a winner right there. I wanna fight that. *gives two big thumbs up*

------jNz0y5.jpg<-(Retired)
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#13 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:04 AM

Remember it's still a work in progress. the swatbot is finalized so don't worry there. and a lot of that texture work is temp in the city. there will be more bump mapping how ever the client side is built off a limited system. and sadly they are all like that. the server is capable for far more however we would need to build a client form ground up. but that would require more people capable of coding on team. we have a few that are over whelmed so if you know anyone who would want to help and can write in C# or C++ decently let us know. We would love to get the community as involved as possible.

Freedom Resurrection is built off Mobius Grid's software and We have Mobius Grid as a open source project. So any help to improve Mobius Grid's Client would Improve the not only the look and experience of Mobius Grid would improve Freedom Resurrection as well. Freedom Resurrection is a joint project of Zentrix Studios and Mobius Team (the Creators of mobius grid) any code Mobius Team gets to improve our server side and client side Software's go straight to Freedom Resurrection too. Also Mobius Grid has been under development for 2 years on Monday March 14th and has been in Public Beta since March 14th 2015. We had worked hard to give Mobius the stability to handle a large project such as Freedom Resurrection.

Mobius Grid allows users to make things such as F.R. for them to have themselves and others to enjoy thanks to the inworld scripting language and upload capabilities of Sounds, 3D animations, textures, and 3D models in DAE format. We plan to add other scripting languages and extend the user's resources as much as possible to give them the chance  to create to there heart content. How that is still held back do to inflexibility of the current client software aka viewer.

#14 ZealousFoX

ZealousFoX

• Fellow FUSer
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:05 AM

I appreciate the criticism 'Sonic J', and thanks for the compliment on the Swat-Bot design.

So I guess it's time for me to add onto what Serra said above, and clear a few more things up. For one thing we're working as fast and steady as we can, and most likely nothing will be fully playable anytime soon. We want to make sure everything is a fluent experience for our users, but I will say that there's a lot of nice things coming up that will definitely be something to look forward too. Which I'm also personally excited to see myself as things move along development wise. In the mean time what we have achieved so far I can't be gracious enough to have such diligent and creative people apart of Freedom Resurrection's development. While I manage and make sure things are going well and eventually reach each development phase with the least amount of problems. I'm also the one with the help of my Co-writer for the script and story side of development. Where her and I have been slowly building and structuring out for implementation later on as Robotropolis becomes more and more fleshed out.

The two of us are also the one's working hard on the project's website and I want that to be something truly special in it's own right. Just as I do with everything Freedom Resurrection is and will hope to achieve. That means that while this is a "fan" game in many's eye. Why should it be treated as such. Like all involved. I myself want F.R. to be something that can be enjoyed by more than just SatAM fans... Or Sonic fans for that matter. This means that to make that happen. We're going to have to really make things pop, and while we are only a fraction of the way there. "look how much has been done thus far." I think in the end Freedom Resurrection will be a new venture into a lot of things, and I personally can't wait for that to happen. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

To answer your two major concerns 'Sonic J'. I'll start with the texturing one, and then answer the second most concerning critique.

So on the texture side of things I have a friend who's very talented in that department who's willing to provide his talents here potentially soon. He already has a current and paying job as lead texture artist for 'HKFiftyone Games' ( http://www.quadranthorror.com/ ) who are the ones behind the sci-fi immersive horror game 'Quadrant'. ( http://store.steampo...com/app/365320/ ) He's always been a supporter of my work and way of thinking, so I'm hoping he can provide his texturing skills into the visuals of Robotropolis. If not we have other options for texturing , but I hope that my friend Dan can contribute as it's something he's been wanting to see as well. Like us here in this community. He too loves SatAM's side of Sonic, so will see.

Now to address the concerns of the models and how Sonic looks. Well for starters everything you see animation wise is still in very much early stages, and that means that what you see now.. is definitely not what will be there in months ahead. This leads into softening concerns on Sonic's design, and why he looks the way he does currently. We actually have a much more ambitious look for him planned that will fit into F.R's progressive story, and add to how the world is currently within the lore that is based three years into the future after the events of the Doomsday machine.  The design you see there in the video was really only made for Jaleel White's birthday last year, and we were glad he loved it and since then we've saved an account for him if he ever decides to hop onto 'Mobius Grid' in general. 

Last thing is your concern on the vehicle physics and handling. I'll be honest that hover unit was made within five minutes, and is really only there for getting a feel of how we want the speed to be for when we have the proper hover units from the show... Such as this. (really early development shots from a couple months back)

bf5sCKe.png

k0CtSX1.png

Anyway I hope my response helps clear up some things more, and again thanks Serra for being that added wingman on here, and representing your team and support from 'Mobius Team'. If it wasn't for you guys and gals support and help with getting Freedom Resurrection off the ground, well... This wouldn't be possible or even an ounce close, but just written documents. So thanks for that.

Until next update... 

eQTSvXC.png

q2AzLoU.png

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:23 AM

*Swatbot image*

Much better!

Looks awesome!

Just for recommendation:  When showing pictures of dark colored objects, giving them a light colored background will help them pop out.  Generally, when in doubt, give a lit background for images. xD

#16 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:35 AM

Well the darker pics you saw were using the actual lighting of Robotropolis. But noted. we will take darkened and light versions of pictures from now on

#17 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for the great response! I know everything is still in development, I appreciate the clarification and how serious you're taking the project.

I don't know if I'd be any help, but I can't wait to see more down the line. :3

------jNz0y5.jpg<-(Retired)
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#18 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

Thank you for the great response! I know everything is still in development, I appreciate the clarification and how serious you're taking the project.

I don't know if I'd be any help, but I can't wait to see more down the line. :3

Thanks. And gald to hear it. Well help can be as simple as getting the word out there

#19 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:14 PM

Well the darker pics you saw were using the actual lighting of Robotropolis. But noted. we will take darkened and light versions of pictures from now on

Good idea.  That way people can see them as they are in game, as well as one that is viewable in detail. 

#20 Serra Royale

Serra Royale

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:00 PM

Good idea.  That way people can see them as they are in game, as well as one that is viewable in detail. 

Well they be in game either way as in our client we can change the lighting just client side. at some point we would most likely have a lighting control script preventing changes of lighting on the client in Robotropolis.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Satam, robotropolis, mobius, knothole, opensim, metaverse, hypergrid, freedom fighters, sally, online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users