Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 DCC

DCC

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Who has been watching "Avatar: Legend of Korra?" if so, what are your thoughts so far?

#2 Tennyo

Tennyo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

This show.

This. Show.

Is amazing.

It's darker and more serious and the villain is so much more prominant. The conflict between Amon and Korra almost seems personal where as the conflict between Aang and Ozai was just war stuff/business and usual.

Aang didn't even meet Ozai unti their fight...

But Amon is just like, right there and Korra is right there and Episode four especially when she challenges him to come to the statue and the stuff that goes on there.

All the shipping wars are kind of lame, though, but I don't pay attention to that because I really dont ship Korra with anyone.

What I want from this show is Korra and Bei Fong double team against the Equalists. Yesssssss...

#3 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

It really is off to a great start. Not only are the characters just as entertaining and creative as they were in TLA, but the animation is a marvel in itself. The art style is amazing and bending is more fierce and powerful. That, along with an astounding musical score and engaging story makes this a must-see to any fan of cartoons and anime. Quit reading this post and watch it nao!

#4 Ralph Bromley

Ralph Bromley

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I am mixed, not saying its a bad series mind you I am liking what I see but... I dont have as much enthusiasm for this as I did the original series and I know why.
The thing about the original series that made me like it right away is that it was a brand new universe and a brand new mythos to explore,
There was a sense of adventure with the original series, where the series was not locked down to one location and there was a whole brand new world to explore.
Here, we are stuck in one location and we already know about how the world works and the famous places are, there is nothing new here except for the main story itself.
Not saying this is a bad thing but for someone like me who likes it when a universe shows off brand new things you have not seen before and slowly explains how it works and engages you in the environment.
This is why I got into Gargoyles, Star Trek, Doctor Who, My Little Pony FiM, The original Avatar series and heck even Twilight engaged me a bit despite how bad it is.
Now I am not slamming this series or talking trash on it but I just feel that I am not as engaged as I was for the original series, its not really an age thing or a complete blind devotion to the original series thing but more or less I am not warming up to the series as much as I would like to.
Dont get me wrong, I like this series, its characters and its story but it just feels... off for me and i cant be the only one who feels like this.

#5 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

You got into My Little Pony because of how interesting Ponyville and Canterlot were? No offense but if you're annoyed that Korra takes place in the same location throughout the show, how can you enjoy MLP which is also primarily based in one location?

Korra may only be stationed in one city, which is odd seeing as how The Last Airbender had a different location with almost every episode. Korra's story more than makes up for it, though. Its not like its literally repeating the same episode over and over again either, they still showcase new places of Republic City and keep it interesting.

We all have our own opinions though, if you don't think highly of Korra that's fine.

#6 Ralph Bromley

Ralph Bromley

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

You got into My Little Pony because of how interesting Ponyville and Canterlot were? No offense but if you're annoyed that Korra takes place in the same location throughout the show, how can you enjoy MLP which is also primarily based in one location?

Korra may only be stationed in one city, which is odd seeing as how The Last Airbender had a different location with almost every episode. Korra's story more than makes up for it, though. Its not like its literally repeating the same episode over and over again either, they still showcase new places of Republic City and keep it interesting.

We all have our own opinions though, if you don't think highly of Korra that's fine.

No as I said the thing is that the original Avatar series had lots of exploration in it, and that is what is missing in Korra.
Comparing FiM and Korra is like comparing beer to soda, both are something you drink but do two entirely different things.
I am not going to hold two different series by the same standards, one is a fun and simplistic storyline while the other is aiming to be an epic fantasy storyline.
There is a HUGE difference between Korra and My Little Pony FiM.
And its not like I dont think highly of Korra, I do actually but I am taking longer to warm up to it thats all.
If you cant tell if I am a fan of the series get your eyes checked as I have Amon its main villain as my avvie :D

#7 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I never said you weren't a fan of Korra, you just obviously stated you didn't like it as much as TLA and pointed out what you didn't like, which is fine of course. The point is you said you didn't like how the story was primarily based in one location, which I found to be a bit odd since most shows often don't need to have multiple cities and such to have a decent storyline. The show entertains just fine being placed in Republic City alone as far as I'm conerned. Again, despite the different pacing of the show I still consider it to be on par with TLA, even better, in some ways.

#8 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

My mission to confuse people by saying one thing, then saying another later. Successful!!!

And inhibitor I do love the soundtrack from Legend of Korra. Thats what i really loved about it.
Glory lasts forever

#9 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm really intrigued to this show with dark topics(beside M-rated themes like gore and sex) combining with light-hearted moments without being out of place.

#10 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

To be honest, I rather like the villian in this series. Amon is the one of the better villians I have seen in any series.

I'm just wondering when we'll start seeing Woodbenders. Bonus points if you know the reason why.

#11 Tennyo

Tennyo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Is that a reference to when Katara and Toph were in that wooden cell?

I can't imagine wood benders. Which element would that be affiliated with?

#12 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Need to see the most recent episode, but so far I'm really enjoying it. I really like the new characters, the world, and the changes that have happened over the years. As for the villain, something about him makes him a little bit more... frightening than the Fire Nation. While they were a force to be wrecking with, their advantage was their numbers, their advancement in technology... But Amon and his organization, there's so much mystery behind them. You know what they want, but you don't know how they plan to do it or what lengths they'll go to equalize the world. Also, seeing him get to Korra was pretty intense.

Overall, I'll hate to see this show go.

Posted Image

#13 Ralph Bromley

Ralph Bromley

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

I never said you weren't a fan of Korra, you just obviously stated you didn't like it as much as TLA and pointed out what you didn't like, which is fine of course. The point is you said you didn't like how the story was primarily based in one location, which I found to be a bit odd since most shows often don't need to have multiple cities and such to have a decent storyline. The show entertains just fine being placed in Republic City alone as far as I'm conerned. Again, despite the different pacing of the show I still consider it to be on par with TLA, even better, in some ways.

Personally I still miss the sense of adventure of the original series, but its slowly growing on me

#14 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

To be honest, I rather like the villian in this series. Amon is the one of the better villians I have seen in any series.

I'm just wondering when we'll start seeing Woodbenders. Bonus points if you know the reason why.

Woodbending could be categorized as waterbending because plants have water in them to manipulate.

#15 Tennyo

Tennyo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

But what would you make the wood do?

What about wood that is dry?

#16 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

But what would you make the wood do?

What about wood that is dry?

Probably use the wood's plant life to grow or move.
I think dry wood would be unbendable unless it decomposes into earth by detrivores, exposure, etc.

#17 Tennyo

Tennyo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

It takes a long time for wood to decompose, though.

Also, I think making plants grow is a bit lofty.

I also assume the wood used to make that cell was probably dry.

#18 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Two words.
Swamp benders

#19 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Actually, I was referencing the five elements of eastern beliefs. Instead of air, earth, water, and fire...they have fire, water, earth, wood, and metal.

Interesting note: I always thought the alternate bending abilities were "paraelemental" bending. If you picture the four elements as being on a compass rose, with air to the north, earth south, fire west, and water east...the other bending abilities would be on the NW, NE, SW, and SE points due to their relative relations to two specific elements. In other words:

Lightning: Air and Fire
Ice: Air and Water
Metal: Fire and Earth
Wood: Earth and Water

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,562 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Dude...that actually makes a lot of sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users