Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (16 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

I just spent way too much money for paper with words written on it

https://www.ebay.com...ordt=true&rt=nc

@  Wulfsbane : (15 June 2019 - 06:12 PM)

As long as it wasnt GSW or Lebron...

@  Shadow : (13 June 2019 - 09:34 PM)

The Raptors won the NBA!

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2019 - 02:44 PM)

Uh... I like video games too, but this is too much

@  GamemasterAn... : (12 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

...and everyone is freaking out over that reveal. Dear Gaia...the reaction of the people at the Nintendo Center in NYC. People were actually HUGGING each other over that reveal!

@  Wulfsbane : (11 June 2019 - 07:46 PM)

Banjo-Kazooie is coming home, lads

@  Wulfsbane : (11 June 2019 - 07:17 AM)

The E3 Nintendo Direct starts in 45 minutes

@  chief : (10 June 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Oh we have controversial topic forum..Those have always existed. And I'm for that. Just keep personal user to user shit off the forums.

the Controversial topic thing would fall under "debate" now I guess. I had some good times in those forums with a few members.

@  chief : (10 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

Yeah....I saw that...Blew game 6

@  Wulfsbane : (09 June 2019 - 07:35 PM)

Hey chief, we got a Game 7 on Wednesday

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 June 2019 - 09:28 AM)

Not really pressed about it, so it's no biggie to me. I'm only here for the S3 comic at this point, and maybe continuing to post mine. It's just too dead around here, and people are either too lazy, too occupied, or too afraid to share opinions as if words from feedback or response are going to hop out of the screen and attack them or something.

I'm an old ass man.... :(

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 June 2019 - 09:19 AM)

They generally don't last long on forums where management isn't objective about running a forum. People generally don't have the restrain/discipline to not mod it. Someone's going to catch feelings, disregarding the thousand disclaimers on the front post of the section and still hit up the admins whining about the hurty things that mean man x said to them. And the admins will feel obliged to do something about it, when ignoring it is definitely an option.

Again, generally speaking, people want the good of things and not the bad or the drawbacks that come with it. It's why facebook and twitter have like buttons, but no dislike button. It's why youtube demonitizes wrongspeak. It's why forums ban people for private disputes between members despite the fact that there's every tool under the sun to stop a person from bothering them available to users. It's anti hate speech is considered a thing to uphold, when hate speech is free speech, no exceptions. It's why politics are a mess. For society, the message is clear, whine until you get your way, and the lowest common denominator being as loud as they are will set the precedent for everyone else despite able bodies. For all this acting like adults thing that society pushes, society at large doesn't expect anyone to actually BE one.

@  Shadow : (09 June 2019 - 07:56 AM)

Didn't we have a controversial/rant rave section of the forum at one point

@  chief : (08 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

Lets try to keep any personal issues out of the shoutbox. Or forums all together.

@  ShenFNWoo : (07 June 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Nothing much. Just wanted to make sure a certain person didn't get the wrong idea about how it is between us. I don't forget certain details, and things don't change no matter how much time passes unless they show some willingness to want to fix things.

@  furrykef : (07 June 2019 - 05:34 PM)

I have no idea what's going on here.

@  ShenFNWoo : (07 June 2019 - 09:58 AM)

This will be my first time (without accident) speaking to you directly, so I want to make this perfectly clear: I have a strict policy on how to deal with people who block others without sufficient reason (aka running away from a zero conflict situation). We do not talk, we do not exchange ideas, and you are invisible to me possibly forever, depending on you. Communications with you in particular will reopen at a future time equivalent to the amount of time in which you've had me blocked thus far. In the mean time, I'll add you to my foe list, and/or manually disregard everything you say to me. Cheers! ^_^

@  Wulfsbane : (07 June 2019 - 06:24 AM)

They're pretty rabid

@  Wulfsbane : (07 June 2019 - 06:24 AM)

I mean have you seen some of his defenders?

@  ShenFNWoo : (07 June 2019 - 05:41 AM)

What example of ineptitude would pay 499$ for the artwork of a guy who helped bring ruin to the very comics he worked for?

Photo

Team Sonic Racing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,550 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#2 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

If my PC can run it, then I will buy it!

#3 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

Hedgehog Engine 2 looks great.

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,523 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

....so it's Sega All-Stars Racing lacking non-Sonic Characters? 

#5 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

Looking forward to this!

"You're watching a poster!"

#6 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

From its Steam page:

ABOUT THIS GAME
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style - Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style.

Gear Up. Speed Up. – Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
Key Features:

Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle
Wisps - 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.

#7 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Wisps and Heroes huh, it's like Generations but we take the worst gimmicks of the previous games.

Sarcasm (and pandering) aside, there's no reason for the game not to be great. Did the other franchises fade out of memory for Sega deciding to put them away?

#8 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

Sarcasm (and pandering) aside, there's no reason for the game not to be great. Did the other franchises fade out of memory for Sega deciding to put them away?

I'm thinking it's because Sonic is the more wildly recognized character. Sure, it would be nice to see other game franchises get a chance to shine, but the majority of them aren't as widely recognized as Sonic outside the gaming community.

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic. I mean, it's not considered another entry in the series. Wouldn't it help further distinguish the game from its contemporaries if Sonic wasn't in a car? Or is that just me?

#9 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:50 AM

They are playing it safe imho, Sonic in a car implies car physics, which makes it easier to calibrate the physics and make a balanced roster. With Forces Sega made clear that for now they care more about the visuals and performance than they do for making fresh new gameplay.

Also there's no need to invoke a bunch of memespouters who will call it R2, the-next-sonic-06 and imply idiocy like I don't know Bubsy as a secret character. But Sega is clueless about the PR side of things anyway so I'm just putting this as a personal point.

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,523 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Looking forward to this!

I'm only a bit skeptical until I see Gameplay footage.  It looks good thus far though.  

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic. I mean, it's not considered another entry in the series. Wouldn't it help further distinguish the game from its contemporaries if Sonic wasn't in a car? Or is that just me?

Not just you.  Honestly I liked the concept of R having some characters on foot and others using vehicles.  I feel it would be better to have Sonic race on foot, but that might be too complicated to program each character's controls uniquely.  

Also there's no need to invoke a bunch of memespouters who will call it R2, the-next-sonic-06 and imply idiocy like I don't know Bubsy as a secret character. But Sega is clueless about the PR side of things anyway so I'm just putting this as a personal point.

I think SEGA is functioning on the belief that any buzz being generated will help advertise the game.  Since we still know little about it, they're probably letting the memespouters help spread word of the game.  As we find out more, they'll try and reign some of it in.  

#11 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic.

This is the same SEGA that said Sonic Forces wasn't Sonic Generations 2 even though both games used the "dimension-hopping Classic Sonic with 2.5D gameplay" shtick. True, it is not a sequel in name, but casual glimpses make SF look like a SG2. (Heck, SEGA has even contradicted itself on whether the Classic Sonic in Forces is Sonic from the past (like as in Sonic Generations) or Sonic from another dimension entirely.)

It's the same thing with Team Sonic Racing: it might not be a sequel in name, but people will consider it a sequel to All-Stars Transformed anyway due to the similarities.

As for why Sonic is in a car (except for Sonic R) in every racing game from the Game Gear through today:
Attached File  34158150_1690595484365071_2919829324573966336_o.jpg   168.02KB   1 downloads

#12 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

Delayed until May 21st, 2019.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#13 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic.

This is the same SEGA that said Sonic Forces wasn't Sonic Generations 2 even though both games used the "dimension-hopping Classic Sonic with 2.5D gameplay" shtick. True, it is not a sequel in name, but casual glimpses make SF look like a SG2. (Heck, SEGA has even contradicted itself on whether the Classic Sonic in Forces is Sonic from the past (like as in Sonic Generations) or Sonic from another dimension entirely.)

It's the same thing with Team Sonic Racing: it might not be a sequel in name, but people will consider it a sequel to All-Stars Transformed anyway due to the similarities.

As for why Sonic is in a car (except for Sonic R) in every racing game from the Game Gear through today:
attachicon.gif34158150_1690595484365071_2919829324573966336_o.jpg

You would think Sega could be creative and focus on a Sonic-themed racing/platforming game that focuses on Sonic and co. abilities to finish a course rather than driving supped up racecars.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#14 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

You would think Sega could be creative and focus on a Sonic-themed racing/platforming game that focuses on Sonic and co. abilities to finish a course rather than driving supped up racecars.

I doubt that'll be a fair competition since speed is a necessary requirement when it comes to racing - which is something only Sonic and Shadow are best at. Placing everyone in cars makes it a more even match.

#15 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

I doubt that'll be a fair competition since speed is a necessary requirement when it comes to racing - which is something only Sonic and Shadow are best at. Placing everyone in cars makes it a more even match.

Not really.  Do you remember playing the 2 player mode from Sonic 2, 3, and Mania?  Sonic, Shadow, and Metal would have the highest speed, but other characters would have abilities to enable them even out the odds.  Tails and other flight characters could fly to certain heights and take shortcuts; Knuckles and Mighty could use their strength to destroy impassable routes. 

There's a reason I said racing/platforming game instead of racing.  The original Sonic levels were designed with many routes that utulized a characters' specific abilities so even though Sonic was the fastest character you could still beat the level faster with Tails or Knuckles using the level design and their abilities.  If it was a flat racetrack like most other racing games, then it wouldn't be much of a contest; however, add the level design of the Genesis games and you could have an interesting race.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#16 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

Not really.  Do you remember playing the 2 player mode from Sonic 2, 3, and Mania?  Sonic, Shadow, and Metal would have the highest speed, but other characters would have abilities to enable them even out the odds.  Tails and other flight characters could fly to certain heights and take shortcuts; Knuckles and Mighty could use their strength to destroy impassable routes. 

There's a reason I said racing/platforming game instead of racing.  The original Sonic levels were designed with many routes that utulized a characters' specific abilities so even though Sonic was the fastest character you could still beat the level faster with Tails or Knuckles using the level design and their abilities.  If it was a flat racetrack like most other racing games, then it wouldn't be much of a contest; however, add the level design of the Genesis games and you could have an interesting race.

It might be easier said than done. The games you sighted as examples are 2D games which are much simpler to create and program, but a full-on 3D title would require a lot more creativity, innovation, and energy than I think Sonic Team is capable of.

Actually, I'm having difficulty thinking of a 3D racing game that even has that style of gameplay.

#17 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

Then why not focus on a 2d game?  2d games are just as much fun as 3d games.

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users