Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Site Is Back Up... Plus Anniversary Of Owning Fus

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

So as a lot of you found out today...FUS was broken.  Well to be honest the server was running perfectly fine.  The issue however was in the domain.  It kinda expired on us late last night.   We had (or at least thought) we had it set up to auto renew but..Apparently we didn't.  And of course all of the warnings of "your domain is about to expire" got emailed to John.  Which didn't help much as he is (as a lot of you may know) currently in Afghanistan.

So after work today I went to go renew the domain... The little auto renew button wasn't working..Site kept timing out.. Annoying.
So I went to do what any frustrated person in my position would do....Went to a buddies and drank beer. Oh and ditched the problem on Bakuda's lap.

Well later on tonight Bakuda tried to get the thing to renew and had the same issue I did.  However on his last attempt before he gave up for the night it worked.  So yay.  Domain is good for some while longer now.

On other news..The fact that the domain ran out means it was 4 years ago when myself and John took over the website.   Wow...Time sure goes by past.

Thanks all for your support over the years.

Cheers,

Paul

#2 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

WAHOO!!

So I went to do what any frustrated person in my position would do....Went to a buddies and drank beer. Oh and ditched the problem on Bakuda's lap.

Nice and what a jerk :awesome:

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Happy Anniversary FUS

#4 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

To be fair, I didn't get nervous when I saw that the site was down. I knew that you guys would solve it ;)

#5 SonicAaliyahFan

SonicAaliyahFan

HUGE fan of Sonic and the late singer Aaliyah!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

:guiltysmiley: I thought the website was going through some maintenance or something, :biggrin: but glad FUS is back in order now.

^_^ Oh, and to celebrate, i decided to whip up a quick GIF haha:

prx.gif

#6 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

WE LIVE AGAIN!
VICTORY! SWEET VICTORY FOR ZIM!

image.jpg

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thank God that you were able to recover the site. For a moment, I thought the site faded away into the ever expanding void of expired websites on the internet. A terrible fate for many fan websites, including the website that translated the early Sonic manga.

#8 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

I doubt FUS would disappear for good that suddenly. At least not unless chief, JonBob, and Bakuda had already disappeared for a while.

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

i think we would have been forewarned if it did shut down for good

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

:awesomedance:
image.jpg

#11 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

I doubt FUS would disappear for good that suddenly. At least not unless chief, JonBob, and Bakuda had already disappeared for a while.

*Feels like Chopped Liver*

Course I don't get much of a say in those things.  I just do the grunt work. 

#12 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well, Red, you can take solace in the fact that I definitely left you out of that list on purpose. :)

#13 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

In other words, Kef is being a jerk.

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#14 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well, really, it was because I didn't figure Red had much power over that sort of thing.

And because I'm a jerk.

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Well, Red, you can take solace in the fact that I definitely left you out of that list on purpose. :)

Well, really, it was because I didn't figure Red had much power over that sort of thing.

And because I'm a jerk.

Figures

#16 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Wait who owned FUS first?

#17 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Alison aka Sonique.   She created FUS back in...I think 2000.  Maybe 2001.  Back then the site shared a forum with TSN (The SatAM Network) although that only lasted for ..less then a year before FUS got its ow forums. 

#18 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Aha. And eventually you and John got it?

#19 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah... She gavethe site off to a guy named Rocky back in.. I dunno 07-08?  He had it for a year..maybe a bit more.  Then me and John took over.

#20 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

aha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users