Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bwrosas : (23 February 2020 - 10:06 PM)

@  furrykef : (05 February 2020 - 07:32 PM)

No.

@  MoKat : (05 February 2020 - 01:09 PM)

*pokes the Shoutbox* Wake up!

@  GetCrazyWith... : (24 January 2020 - 01:21 PM)

Hi there!

@  Wulfsbane : (20 January 2020 - 06:26 PM)

Boop

@  Ishapar : (14 December 2019 - 04:23 AM)

Not bad. Would be neat if my grandpa makes it that old.

@  Shadow : (12 December 2019 - 03:19 PM)

I hope I get to live to 93.

@  Wulfsbane : (11 December 2019 - 09:42 AM)

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

Photo

Check This Out: Sonic Movie Incoming?

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#41 Ogilvie

Ogilvie

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

First I read this film was confirmed. After how excellent the Sly and Ratchet films look, I was optimistic.

Then I saw "Live Action." I quietly excused myself to cry for a few hours.

Like... why? Why? Why do we need a live action film? The only human is Eggman, and he looks bloody weird when he's realistic. May as well make him CGI and cartoony as well.

The fact they haven't shown a trailer for this film despite its confirmation, unlike with the other Sony films, should give plenty of cause for concern.

I think it's a safe bet this film will be about SEGA Sonic and not Boom Sonic, and came from SEGA Japan rather than SEGA America. That would also likely explain the live action elements... Japan seems more fond of humans, whereas the West prefers cartoon animals for anything directed at a younger audience.

#42 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

Paramount Pictures has confirmed a Live Action/CG hybrid Sonic the Hedgehog film. the Article is located at the link below:http://screencrush.c...ehog-franchise/.

I personally hope they put Sally in it because I think she would be awesome. reply with your comments, concerns and story ideas.

#43 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

That screenshot looks like Sonic is right out of Secret Rings....

#44 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

They just used Secret Rings art for the article.

And it's by Sony, not Paramount.
image.jpg

#45 Alex Hedgefox

Alex Hedgefox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

A Sonic movie made by Sony?
So let me get this straight...

Sony is making 3 video game based movies around the same time? (Aka the Sly Cooper Movie, the Ratchet & Clank movie, and the sonic movie)

Why does this spell trouble

#46 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

To be fair Sly Cooper actually looked good.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#47 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,591 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Well...not Murray.
Actually for a game that aims to look like a cartoon, I'm surprised they go with a more "realistic" look For the characters.

#48 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

Ratchet and Clank looked awesome too.
image.jpg

#49 Alex Hedgefox

Alex Hedgefox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Well...not Murray.
Actually for a game that aims to look like a cartoon, I'm surprised they go with a more "realistic" look For the characters.

The realistic look for Sly, kinda reminds me of the BlueCore Sonic film......now that I think about it, all the details we know for Sony's sonic movie so far is making it sound like BlueCore's film.
Think about it,

1. The Sony movie is supposed to be a Live Action/CGI hybrid (and so was BlueCore's film)

2. The Sony movie is supposed to be based on Modern Sonic (Not Boom, Not Archie) (just like the BlueCore Film)

It literally sounds like Sony is making the BlueCore film into an official movie.

All they need to to is get Jaleel White to be sonic (like in BlueCore's film)

P.s. bare in mind, I'm not bashing Sony or BlueCore, I liked BlueCore's film, and I'm looking forward to Sony's movie.....I just pray to god Michael Bay stays away from this movie...

#50 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

I don't think it'll be nearly as realistic. If I remember correctly, the same animation studio making this made The Night of the Werehog.
image.jpg

#51 Alex Hedgefox

Alex Hedgefox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

I don't think it'll be nearly as realistic. If I remember correctly, the same animation studio making this made The Night of the Werehog.

Well I didn't mind how realistic Sonic, Knuckles, and the E-102 Gamma robots looked in the film

#52 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Well a lot of Sly's games were in the Cel-animation style

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#53 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Very intresting...

Indeed.  Registering domains is one thing, actually using them...well, that remains to be seen.

Tho' if this actually leads to a Sonic movie, I say it's -way- past time for one (and I hope it will be -good-).

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#54 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Takashi Iizuka Supervising Sonic Movie

Movie Still A Go

The restructure of SEGA has led some to question whether the upcoming Sonic movie is still in production. That questioning can now be put to rest.

A fan had a Facebook conversation with Takashi Iizuka. Although the discussion was brief one important detail was confirmed: Iizuka is supervising the film.

No further details were provided but the news does provide answers for the curious who wanted to know more about what is happening.

Source

"You're watching a poster!"

#55 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

Takashi Iizuka Supervising Sonic Movie

Movie Still A Go

The restructure of SEGA has led some to question whether the upcoming Sonic movie is still in production. That questioning can now be put to rest.

A fan had a Facebook conversation with Takashi Iizuka. Although the discussion was brief one important detail was confirmed: Iizuka is supervising the film.

No further details were provided but the news does provide answers for the curious who wanted to know more about what is happening.

Source

Great....

Not a big fan of Iizuka, he's outta touch with the Western audience

#56 Lynchenberg

Lynchenberg

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

Yeah but This is SEGA, it's probably not happening anytime soon

I hope it won't happen. Because, making a movie based on the video game always end up the worst. Look it up...

I'd also rather not see it happen at all. A Sonic movie won't be what Sonic is to me, which is basically something revolving around Planet Mobius and the Freedom Fighters. Not strictly SatAM, but something in its spirit. That's what Sonic was to me growing up; not just in cartoons or comics but in storybooks, toys/merchandise, beginner novels, my How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog book, and even the Genesis games. While playing them, I was thinking in terms of a SatAM/Archie-esque universe. My sister and I remember being really excited to see those characters appearing in Spinball.

I remember being a little kid and having dreams about going to see a Sonic movie that was excellent, and based in SatAM/Archie while still going beyond it. I remember being really disappointed when Sonic Underground came out because there finally was another animated series, but it wasn't Sonic as I understood it. I was a little confused by the OVA, but didn't hate it, I just regarded it as an "alternate universe" as I was used to that in superhero comics. By the time Sonic X rolled around, I wasn't even disappointed, I just didn't care. I didn't watch it, and likewise, I don't watch Sonic Boom. I harbor no ill feelings toward it however, nor to the current games. I'm mostly indifferent. But to me a big-budget movie that you go to a theater to see is a big deal. Even if I never watched the film, but I went to a movie theater and saw no trace of Bunnie, Antoine, Sally, and Rotor on the poster, I'd find it depressing. The Sonic movie finally came, but it wasn't the Sonic movie the little kid in me dreamed of seeing. I'm fine with the direction Sega is taking with Sonic Boom and their new games, but for me, a Sonic movie would be a pretty crushing blow and I'd rather not see it happen.

#57 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

Sonic Boom is meant to branch away from the classic/legacy Sonic. Our plan is to go forward with both the modern Sonic and the legacy Sonic, but the Sonic Team will handle the legacy side of things in Japan. For us, the Western initiatives will tie into the toys, merchandising animation – movies potentially even. We’re branching out into the more upbeat adventure style theme for Sonic Boom.

#58 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Update from Van Robichaux:

Movie is under Sega Japan/Sonic Team/Marza. No connection to Boom.

#59 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:31 AM

Still in the works but I can't comment beyond that!

Source

#60 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

Sega Sammy Group is currently planning with Sony Pictures to create a live-action and animation hybrid ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie scheduled for release in 2018,” Satomi confirmed. “Like with this CG animation production, we would like to expand our business into other entertainment areas beyond what we are currently involved.

Source

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users