Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Korea

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

With Morgan getting her garden hose ready to defend her motherland we come to the question.. Will full out war strike the Korean peninsula again? You can't call it a second war as technically the war is still ongoing.. More of a re start.

On Tuesday North Korea shelled South Korea, the first openly blatant attack on the South since the Korean War Armistice which was signed in 1953. Now there have been skirmishes since then.. A few military killed here and there, example being a North Korean Sub running aground in the 90's. Most got shot or did a group suicide. Then there was the Souths military boat being sunk earlier this year. A attack North Korea denies but.. Who else did it?

Regardless this was a act of war by the North. Now part of the reason why the skirmishes in the past resulted in nothing was China. China is North Korea's Allie and a huge power in its self. However after this last attack, even China seems to be pissed at North Korea. State run news in China is even going as far as blaming North Korea for this problem, something they wouldn't have done so openly before. China also doesn't like the fact that the US is sending in a Aircraft carrier but they aren't making as big of a fuss as they have in the past. Something telling me that China knows North Korea is a issue dragging on and the quicker the problem is solved the quicker they can be by them selfs again in that region.

Now we come into the weird area of should the North be taken out. Now I was against the Iraq war. Afghanistan I agreed with but not Iraq. Mostly because the reasons for going into Iraq were no good and the country was a lot better off then then it is now. And before you go on about the gassing of the curds etc, guess what? Turkey did it too. No one likes the curds. You can't just say one country is wrong but ignore your Allie.

However, a war with North Korea.. I support. North Korea is in a state of starvation and mass poverty. The acting government cares nothing for its people besides its military. It is a hermit nation that in my opinion is acting like a scared cat in the corner. North Korea has nuclear weapons. Now I'm not big on the "who gets nukes and who doesn't" role. However a country like North Korea really shouldn't have them. The leader thinks he is a damn god, you think he won't use them if provoked?

Aid to the North. The world has really got to stop helping the North out for bad behaviour. I know the country is in a humanitarian crisis but all that aid doesn't go to the people who need it. We are just giving junk to the leaders. In my opinion the best way to help the people of the North is to go in their and wipe the government out. Rebuild and let Korea be a whole again.

Anyways, I'm actually expecting a war to break out within the next little while. Then I will sit down with my friends and watch Team America World Police because its awesome! For those of you who haven't seen that movie you won't understand why.

Anyways, what are your views? Should North Korea be taken out finally? Now that China seems to be backing up from their big brother role is this the time to do it? Will Morgan and her garden hose free the North Korean people as she bravely defends her motherland? Will the Yellow Sea become any more racist? What do you think?

#2 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Why Yellow Sea? Why not Bucket Sea? sad.gif

#3 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

I believe war is imminent. Such an act isn't just a statement...it's a declaration. And at such times we can't sit on the side and support both sides. Like you said...I think it's time to see one united Korea again, and there's only one way we're going to see that.
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#4 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

Whats going on right now is a..Modern day Berlin wall. North Korea is bankrupt, poor, and besides its military has nothing. Similar to what the Soviets were at the end of their reign. The only difference is I do not think North Korea will fall as peacefully (I'm saying this in relative terms) as the Soviets. I don't think China will go for armed troops near its border, however I think they might settle for something down the line. They are already blaming North Korea for the attack on Tuesday, and like I said, they aren't making as big of a fuss as they have in the past to military exercises in the Yellow Sea.

#5 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

I think that South Korea fired in N. Korea's direction during these drills, no matter what the official line from the South is. This is the kind of shit that always comes out 70 years later and 69 years too late. The US and South Korea are now playing War Games in disputed waters. ( http://news.yahoo.co...2FuZHNvdXRoa28- ) Something the US and other countries did to bait China a while back as well, equally unwise. No good can come of another war in Korea. They beat us once they can do it again. But not just that, they now have nukes, even if the US uses their own first to end the conflict quickly, I shudder to think where the North's could be thrown in the countries death throws. I find it funny that the US takes more interest now that oil rich areas off the coast of Korea have been found, funny and sad.
I don't want another war, don't think it will help anyone in the end. The North Korean people will be no better off if they've been "liberated" and radiated at the same time. Which is the only way the weakened and outdated US war machine could do it.
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

You actually can't nuke North Korea.. The country is so paranoid that the whole thing is nuke proof. I mean.. What country has nuclear proof subways? North Korea does! So nuking anything there would just be a waste.

If North Korea isn't finished off it'll give Iran more ideas. Giving the North Koreans what they want will just make Iran do more too. And Iran will end up being more of a threat then North Korea.

I'm no fan of Israel, I don't think it should exist as a Jewish state..But Iran is dead set on killing them all and.. Thats not too cool. If we are weak with North Korea Iran will just take that as a "those pussy's wont do shit".

This is just a text book set up to any war.

#7 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Ratty Randnums @ Nov 27 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They beat us once they can do it again.

Wha...? Not that it particularly pertains to this topic, but I'm curious how recovering South Korea AND overtaking North Korea classifies as us being beaten. huh.gif

#8 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Actually thats true. Technically the war is still on going. No one won or loss yet. I also don't think China will intervene like they did in the 50s. At least not military. Although I don't see China being happy about any US or UN force being close to their border. Remember, thats including Canada as we are still at war with them too. Weather or not we will play a part in this current event is not clear, however it is possible if things escalate.

#9 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 27 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually thats true. Technically the war is still on going. No one won or loss yet.

Well yeah, I agree with you there. Just if there is no win or lose, I didn't figure how any one person was beaten. xD.png Anyway though, it was just a curiosity. Not meaning to hijack the thread with my curiosity. Carry on!

#10 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Great, another conflict I could be deployed for. *Adds it to the list*

9:06

#11 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 27 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion the best way to help the people of the North is to go in their and wipe the government out. Rebuild and let Korea be a whole again.

I hope that doesn't mean we waltz in there and force Western ideals on them like has been done with every other "liberated" nation. The country and its neighbours need to sort out their own problems. The West only cares about what resources it can gain control of while "helping out." These are established nations with established armies. They can fight a war among themselves.

#12 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

Another war...as such the nature of man.
So much war that another one popping up really doesn't surprise me. What would really make me shit fear would be another WORLD WAR. We definitely cannot handle another one of those....
Though I do think that things will not explode into all out war because each side does not want it badly enough. If N Korea wanted to go to war, they would have already done it. This was just a power trip by their leader to show the south not to forget they are the enemy.

#13 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (randomizer @ Nov 28 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chief @ Nov 27 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion the best way to help the people of the North is to go in their and wipe the government out. Rebuild and let Korea be a whole again.

I hope that doesn't mean we waltz in there and force Western ideals on them like has been done with every other "liberated" nation. The country and its neighbours need to sort out their own problems. The West only cares about what resources it can gain control of while "helping out." These are established nations with established armies. They can fight a war among themselves.

Sure South Korea has an established military. Our military.

Also yeah they chased us off, or at least held us off until we had to leave so, defeated. Was it that dumbass MacArthur that wanted to use the war, er sorry, "police action" as an excuse to invade China?
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#14 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Remind me what makes MacArthur a dumbass...

#15 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Ratty Randnums @ Nov 29 2010, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also yeah they chased us off, or at least held us off until we had to leave so, defeated. Was it that dumbass MacArthur that wanted to use the war, er sorry, "police action" as an excuse to invade China?

Now I'm really curious where you're getting that information from. Cause as far as I can remember of the Korean War, I've never heard something like that. As far as I know, he's never invaded China either, and I'm not sure what motivation he would have had to do so anyway.

QUOTE (furrykef @ Nov 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder that too. huh.gif

#16 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

There were no upfront plans on invading China. China got involved in the Korean war because they didn't like how America was getting close to their border. Something they still don't like.

China is too large and too vast to do a invasion. It is now and was back then too.

As for the South Korean army.. You might wanna look at things Ratty but they do have one. And its under their own control too. America just has 25 thousand troops stationed there.

I'm fairly sure North Korea will fall within a few years after Mr. Kim's death. I don't think his son will be able to pull together a country that is already bankrupt and on the verge of civil war. There are already hundreds of North Korean soldiers fleeing into China and Russia. Also rumours state that the younger Chinese leaders will accept a unified Korea under the power of the South. North Korea is starting to be a pain in their side as well.

#17 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 29 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm fairly sure North Korea will fall within a few years after Mr. Kim's death. I don't think his son will be able to pull together a country that is already bankrupt and on the verge of civil war. There are already hundreds of North Korean soldiers fleeing into China and Russia. Also rumours state that the younger Chinese leaders will accept a unified Korea under the power of the South. North Korea is starting to be a pain in their side as well.

I don't blame China. I generally like to stay out of political topics, but I have to admit I'm not entirely opposed to a war with North Korea. I am somewhat, but I'll leave my reasons for that out. And I think N. Korea would collapse not long after his death too. I'm surprised to hear that China would accept a unified Korea under the power of the south though. Then again, it's been a while since I've heard much about China/North Korea/South Korea until recently. xD.png That's just a rumor about the China thing, you say?

#18 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

Well it came out in some leaked information that Wiki Leaks brought out. Conversations from back in January and February between a few Korean, Chinese, and American diplomats. They all believe that the younger leaders will be fine with a unified Korea. In fact talks have even gone so far as the South has told China that if Korea is unified they can still keep the Chinese corporations in the North. One of China's fears as they have a lot of mines and so on in North Korea run by Chinese companies. The only thing China doesn't want is a American army past the DMZ. Something that can easily be worked out if North Korea does fall.

China is still North Korea's Allie but from everything being released recently China does seem to be getting somewhat fed up. Although I'm sure they would hope for a natural decline of the system rather then a war to force it. Thats why they are trying to stage a 6 way peace talk in early December. However Japan has already refused to sit at the table, and in fact they are getting ready to do military exercise off the Japanese coast near Korea late this week or early next week. So Japan is another country that you would be seeing involved in any war to break out.

#19 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Morgan @ Nov 29 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (furrykef @ Nov 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder that too. huh.gif

So am I misinformed or remembering incorrectly that he wanted to start a war with red China, probably setting off nuclear fueled WW3? When we could barely handle North Korea?

- Eric Idle

#20 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 26 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, I'm actually expecting a war to break out within the next little while. Then I will sit down with my friends and watch Team America World Police because its awesome! For those of you who haven't seen that movie you won't understand why.

I have seen the movie, but fail to see the supposed awesomeness...

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 27 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You actually can't nuke North Korea.. The country is so paranoid that the whole thing is nuke proof. I mean.. What country has nuclear proof subways? North Korea does! So nuking anything there would just be a waste.

Just how nuke-proof are we talking about? Cause, if I remember correctly, we should have a couple of gigaton nukes laying around, somewhere...

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users