Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Alien 5

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:58 AM

It's finally gonna happen! 

20th Century Fox has closed a deal with director Neill Blomkamp to develop a new “Alien” movie, sources confirm.
The untitled sci-fi project is separate from “Prometheus 2,” which Fox is still making with Ridley Scott.

Blomkamp, who directed “District 9″ and the upcoming Sony feature “Chappie,” had been teasing the project in recent months but said the extra-terrestrial reboot was likely abandoned. It was supposed to star “Alien” veteran Sigourney Weaver.

But on Wednesday Blomkamp confirmed the tentpole was back on track at Fox.

“So I think this is officially my next film,” he confirmed on Instagram.

It’s unclear whether Weaver is still attached to the movie.
According to insiders, the new “Alien” takes place years after the “Prometheus” sequel. Scott is producing both films through his production company Scott Free.

“Prometheus,” also distributed by Fox, was “loosely based” on the “Alien” franchise and earned over $400 million worldwide. But the 3D movie opened to mixed reviews, and Fox hopes Blomkamp, who last directed “Elysium,” can take the franchise to the next level.
Born in South Africa, the 35 year-old Blomkamp is repped by WME.

TKCAYBn.jpgEWTxTyI.jpg

2YSkwmL.jpgKJnLwC5.jpg

FBHyvya.jpg3NNtdDs.jpg

QSGbFMk.jpgt2SRR6Y.jpg

#2 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:19 AM

My mom and grandma will be happy.

They hate horror movies like Exorcist and Elm Street, and yet despite that, they're huge Alien fans.

I still need to watch these movies, I own them, but I'm terrified to watch.
image.jpg

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

I'm looking at the second picture here and thinking to myself...

If they make it that the Aliens are a future human mutation (somehow) I'm going to be really ticked.  Can't they just leave it alone and say "Look, Killer Xenomorphs" and not try to give them rhyme or reason?   The Aliens are scarier when you DON'T understand them. 

#4 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:56 AM

Red, I think Alien Resurrection already ruined that concept.
image.jpg

#5 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Well the Xenos are born from people. One of the reproduction concepts before the Queen was introduced was having people transformed into eggs.

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Red, I think Alien Resurrection already ruined that concept.

I'm well aware of this, hence the "Can't they just leave it alone" part.  

Well the Xenos are born from people. One of the reproduction concepts before the Queen was introduced was having people transformed into eggs.

That we've seen.  Technically they had to have been producing before humans bumped into them so in theory they can use other creatures.  I know in AvP it produces a mutant one but...that's AvP.  

#7 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

I wonder if Lance Henriksen will be called back. Would love to see a new Bishop.

#8 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:02 PM

http://www.ew.com/ar...lien-chappie-qa

“I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of Aliens, so it’s Alien, Aliens and then this film.”

And that's all I need to hear. They have my ticket.

9:06

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:26 AM

They will not count Alien 3 & Resurrection as canon

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

I have no problems with that. 

#11 Leptailurus

Leptailurus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

People still could be transformed into eggs, as seen in the extended version. The book provided the explanation.

Xenomorphs are behaving like social insects. A "worker" xenomorph could produce eggs from hosts, but it takes more time and resources and happens in a crisis - when a queen is not present. If the eggs are exposed to certain conditions, they produce a queen facehugger - similar to the development of bee queens. The queen xenomorph can then produce a larger amount of eggs and set up its colony.

I quite liked Alien3. Obviously, it was worse that Aliens, but it was still very good, in my opinion and considering the issues they dealt with during the production - such as several different unfinished scripts. It had the potential to be much better. The visual of the xenomorph seemed unfinished. The film had a lot of plot holes, underdeveloped concepts and left many things unexplained, the eggs on Sulaco, for example. (I like to think that it was Bishop who brought them.) Some of them were explained in the book, such as the reason why everyone had to cut their hair.

Elliot Goldenthal's soundtrack was amazing, probably the best one of the tetralogy. And I also think the ending was very fitting. The WY did not obtain a xenomorph in the end, and nobody who encountered the xenomorphs survived. (Well, except for Morse, but he was not one of the more central characters.)

But I choose not to consider Alien: Resurrection as canonical.

#12 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

http://www.ew.com/ar...lien-chappie-qa
“I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of Aliens, so it’s Alien, Aliens and then this film.”
And that's all I need to hear. They have my ticket.

YES. THANK YOU.
image.jpg

#13 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

Be nice if they just said it was all a bad cryo dream.

#14 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

There's no confirmation that this movie is going to ignore the events of Alien3 and Resurrection. I think a lot of people are just assuming it will. There's two ways this could go, either it will set in a seperate continuity where 3 and Resurrection don't happen, or it will be set between Aliens and Alien3.

And I'd rather it be the latter, because going to reboot route so they can ignore the other two movies is just a lazy thing to do. Terminator Genisys did that and even that that movie sucked a whole lot of balls.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#15 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:49 AM

Haven't seen Genisys yet so I'm trying to hold off judgement. Been hearing a lot of rumblings of the ball sucking of which you speak though. I have mixed feelings on reboots and re-imaginings; while they can be cool and entertaining most of them do feel pretty damn lazy.

Don't know what to think about this one. Resisting urge to research it.

#16 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

Is it bad that I liked Alien Resurrection?

#17 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Haven't seen Genisys yet so I'm trying to hold off judgement. Been hearing a lot of rumblings of the ball sucking of which you speak though. I have mixed feelings on reboots and re-imaginings; while they can be cool and entertaining most of them do feel pretty damn lazy.

Don't know what to think about this one. Resisting urge to research it.

Well you might wanna look it up. The director has posted up some concept art he was making for it and a couple of them include a familiar face who isn't Ripley.

Is it bad that I liked Alien Resurrection?

As much as I don't like Resurrection, I will admit that there are some interesting concepts and ideas behind it. It certainly ani't as bad as those godawful AVP movies.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#18 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

Alien Resurrection felt too corny, and turned Ripley into a superhero. There was a lot of humor that didn't mesh well with the tone of the films. A minor nitpick of mine was I wasn't fond of the over saturation of brown everywhere. I liked the cold blues from Aliens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users