Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Sonic Fanfiction Coalition

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#21 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

So whats the timeframe we agreed upon?? Few days to a week?

For communal reviews. Individuals can do person to person reviews more often. 

What would be the best review perameters, things we all have to cover?

#22 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

So whats the timeframe we agreed upon?? Few days to a week?

For communal reviews. Individuals can do person to person reviews more often. 

What would be the best review perameters, things we all have to cover?

Structure, use of grammar, flow, content, emotion, detail, etc.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#23 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Conception:

Plot:

Characters:

Prose (retorical techniques, pacing, grammar, ect.):

Subtext:

Good rule of thumb for the structure. 

Recap/Summary

Critique

Conclusion.

Make sure to warn people about Spoilers!

You can give people A-U Rating. No failures, just uncomplete. If they fail they can always make it better. Don't pull punches but don't discourage them from pressing on and progressing in their craft.

#24 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Right. Now VHS threw his fan fic into the fire consideration so lets start with his

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#25 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Right. Now VHS threw his fan fic into the fire consideration so lets start with his

Go for it.

#26 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Stranger you wanna go first in the review or someone else wanna start with a review

#27 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Stranger you wanna go first in the review or someone else wanna start with a review

I guess I'll take the plunge. I shall lead by example.

Expect a review by around Saturday.

#28 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I would but i got moving stuff to do

#29 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

This thread sounds quite promising. I myself have been working on a story, my first serious attempt at creative writing in who knows how many years, over the past few months, and am hoping to have the first chapter finished by SatAM's 20th anniversary. I was leaning toward holding off on posting it until the entire work is finished, which could very well take a year or more, but a critique thread could be quite helpful. It would also help me get involved more with the community, something I've been meaning to do. Finally, it would provide incentive to write at a faster pace.

I'll try to post some feedback on the first story this weekend. Mind you, I'm entirely unfamiliar with Gremlins, so my comments will be focused more on technique and writing mechanics than plot.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#30 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I would but i got moving stuff to do

College does that. I understand.

Don't bust your back while movin', dude.

This thread sounds quite promising. I myself have been working on a story, my first serious attempt at creative writing in who knows how many years, over the past few months, and am hoping to have the first chapter finished by SatAM's 20th anniversary. I was leaning toward holding off on posting it until the entire work is finished, which could very well take a year or more, but a critique thread could be quite helpful. It would also help me get involved more with the community, something I've been meaning to do. Finally, it would provide incentive to write at a faster pace.

I'll try to post some feedback on the first story this weekend. Mind you, I'm entirely unfamiliar with Gremlins, so my comments will be focused more on technique and writing mechanics than plot.

Exactly! I welcome you to the cult club!  :awesome:

Feel free. And don't afraid to ask for private critques as well.

#31 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

I DEMAND YOU TO WATCH GREMLINS!!!!!
image.jpg

#32 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

I DEMAND YOU TO WATCH GREMLINS!!!!!
Hasn't made me watch it either.

#33 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

i think it would be wise to watch it to understand his plot but Wikipedia summary can work just fine

#34 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

I've actually made the story a good start for Gremlins-newbies. You're still screwed if you know nothing about Sonic.
image.jpg

#35 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I've actually made the story a good start for Gremlins-newbies. You're still screwed if you know nothing about Sonic.

Right we are here on a Sonic community forum knowing nothing of Sonic

#36 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

He's the red one with two tails, right?

#37 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

naw i think hes the purple one thats a bat

#38 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Batman_3.png

This guy?

#39 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes him

#40 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm pretty sure Sonic is the one with the mustache and the Italian accent.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users