Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Satam Fan Game Project

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#21 Metallou

Metallou

That french guy who already has a beard

• Fellow FUSer
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

How about having a level design where you need to switch between characters to progress, depending on the availability of the characters?

*Sonic's speed will get through looping and other classic sonic mechanics, but will lose more ring than the others
*Tails' flight could reach high spots
*Sally could hack computers to open a gate, sap machineries and such, but is the only character that can only stunt ennemies and cannot kill anyone (It sounds hard at first, bu mastering her will make the gameplay more attractive)
*Bunnie's strenght could open gates that cannot be hacked, destroy a wall, and could use her robotic arm to go Bionic Commando style. She is the one who lose the less ring, but is also the slowest.

That's all I have now, but feel free to develop them.

WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS
BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU

#22 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

I was going on the idea that they would automatically switch between levels like in Sonic Adventure 2, however that is up to the group. Each character will have abilities that the others do not.

At the moment, MAC users are going to be unable to play the game, until Arekkisu figures out how to convert it to play on the MAC.

#23 Zane

Zane

Hope your day's been well.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 16,603 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

AREKKISU, I DEMAND A MAC VERSION, NOW!!!!!!

It's been a while.

#24 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

I want a Mac version but to convert to Mac I need a Mac myself..... But supposedly this month the people who make game maker are making one that uses html5 which means you can play on the internet (even iPod touches can).

J6GqqRM.jpg

#25 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

Well hopefully we can do that.

#26 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Maybe sometime we can meet in a chat or something and brainstorm about what we could do as far as gameplay is concerned.

Posted Image

#27 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

That'd be a good idea, anyone got a time preference?

#28 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Throughout the week, I'm working at school or on the comic, so weekends are best for me. Maybe we can find a chatroom or something.

Posted Image

#29 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

We can do weekends, but not this week, got family over.

#30 TheDemon

TheDemon

Wasn't alive when SatAm was great but It still was the best

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

*ahem* if you make the game on game maker and the art I know objective-C (the coding language that MACs run on). I could try to recreate the game for MAC.

I'm only good on the weekends for chats

#31 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Great! There is hope for the MAC users! Huzzah!

#32 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

I want a Mac version but to convert to Mac I need a Mac myself..... But supposedly this month the people who make game maker are making one that uses html5 which means you can play on the internet (even iPod touches can).

I have found the price for this being 100$, I currently have no plans for getting this.
So currently unless someone can get a full version of the MAC Game Maker, (around 20-40$) I can send you the editable file (after it's done) and you just create the exe (app I believe is the one on MACS) and then release it, but that's the best I can think of.

edit: I did find this so all you have to do it convert the exe that I send you, (watch on youtube and the links are already there!)

J6GqqRM.jpg

#33 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

I can set up a channel on IRC where we could discuss everything this weekend. Red, since this is your project, just set up the time and i'll set up the session. Also, since I'm on a Mac I wouldn't mind springing 20-40 bucks for Mac game maker. I can't do it right now but I'd be able to eventually. Just let me know when I'd need it and I'll help you out with the Mac side of things. Just for the record...I haven't had much luck with Wine (though I may be doing something wrong =/ )

Edit: I don't know if this will prevent what you had in mind, but:

Note: GameMaker for Mac is version 7 and not compatible with GameMaker 8 for Windows.

Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#34 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:08 AM

I can set up a channel on IRC where we could discuss everything this weekend. Red, since this is your project, just set up the time and i'll set up the session. Also, since I'm on a Mac I wouldn't mind springing 20-40 bucks for Mac game maker. I can't do it right now but I'd be able to eventually. Just let me know when I'd need it and I'll help you out with the Mac side of things. Just for the record...I haven't had much luck with Wine (though I may be doing something wrong =/ )

Note: GameMaker for Mac is version 7 and not compatible with GameMaker 8 for Windows.

Well.....then, there is no point in buying it (unless you actually want it), because now even if you have it you can't convert my game to Mac. I really don't know how to make it available for MAC.

J6GqqRM.jpg

#35 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

Well.....then, there is no point in buying it (unless you actually want it), because now even if you have it you can't convert my game to Mac. I really don't know how to make it available for MAC.

I take it you have gamemaker 8 then?

Edit: I have found a tool that will allow me to convert gamemaker 8 files to gamemaker 7 files. This will be extremely useful to me in more than one way. As a composer, this is great because I would be able to open the game in progress, play around with the levels, gain inspiration for music, and then plug in my music to the game and play a bit to see if it works. Also, once it's finished I'll be able to port it to the mac.

So I don't know much about game development...is gamemaker a good tool for that?
Spoiler

#36 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

I'll try to set up a time this weekend. However I have another engagement this weekend which time hasn't been settled on, so after I settle that, I'll post a time. If you can not make it at my posted time, don't panic, we can still work something out, just let me know.

#37 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

I take it you have gamemaker 8 then?

Edit: I have found a tool that will allow me to convert gamemaker 8 files to gamemaker 7 files. This will be extremely useful to me in more than one way. As a composer, this is great because I would be able to open the game in progress, play around with the levels, gain inspiration for music, and then plug in my music to the game and play a bit to see if it works. Also, once it's finished I'll be able to port it to the mac.

So I don't know much about game development...is gamemaker a good tool for that?

Game Maker is pretty good, it's simple and easy to use, but with some coding you can create anywhere from PacMan to Age of the Empires.

J6GqqRM.jpg

#38 TheDemon

TheDemon

Wasn't alive when SatAm was great but It still was the best

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Game Maker is an awesome tool. Game Maker is great for anyone that want to learn the basic assets used in game developement. I started out on it then I went to Xna then to Iphone developement. I have to admit I still use GameMaker to make all my 2d sprites because of how easy it is compared to say windows paint

#39 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hokay, for the Chat, I will be available about 4 o'clock PM Saturday my time.
I have no idea what time it will be for the rest of you.

It's about 8:30pm as I post this if that helps.

#40 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Well...first red we need to know what time zone you live in so we can figure out exactly what time you're talking about. Secondly, I created an IRC room for us...the info is below:

Server: irc.esper.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #fusgame

If anyone is unfamiliar with IRC (internet relay chat) you'll need a client to run it in. Here's some good suggestions.

Applications
Windows: XChat
Mac: Colloquy (I use this...it works great!)
Multi-Platform: Trillian

Browser Plug-ins
You can also run irc as a browser plug-in. Here are some for you to try if you'd like:
Firefox: ChatZilla
Chrome: Mibbit

If anyone has any trouble just send me a PM and I'll get you on. Also, FUS's official channel can be found at #satam...you should check it out.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users