Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Sea3On Artist

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Just in my defense, 8/10 times I've been less efficient in a group. Only when I need help with a task has a group sped up my progress, and very rarely has it improved my quality.

#42 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Ah, but there's a difference between a group whose members can complement each other's strengths and weaknesses, and a group of random people.

#43 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

Ah, but there's a difference between a group whose members can complement each other's strengths and weaknesses, and a group of random people.

Exactly. Collaboration is the hallmark of every great work, every artistic endeavor has some form of extraneous support. Not mention if they have the same convictions pertaining to execution and end goals... then it will only improve the productivity and quality of the work. 

One person carrying that burden sounds like a stupid idea. If his legs go out from under him...so does the comic.

#44 Kingsquee

Kingsquee

hmm

• Fellow FUSer
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

One person carrying that burden sounds like a stupid idea. If his legs go out from under him...so does the comic.

Yep. I might be interested in penciling - will email some samples. I've never done comics before though, so an example script would be great to try out. Paneling is an art all its own.

#45 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Yep. I might be interested in penciling - will email some samples. I've never done comics before though, so an example script would be great to try out. Paneling is an art all its own.

Yes, it is. It's all about making things fit together and flow from one panel to the next.

There are whole books dedicated to it, Like Wizard's How to Draw: Storytelling.

#46 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Exactly. Collaboration is the hallmark of every great work, every artistic endeavor has some form of extraneous support. Not mention if they have the same convictions pertaining to execution and end goals... then it will only improve the productivity and quality of the work.

1) Many great artists did not have support from anyone.

2) That same one person can cause a whole group to collapse if they can't pull their own weight.

The trick is we have to test it first before we can determine if it'll be worth the effort.

#47 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

1) Many great artists did not have support from anyone.

2) That same one person can cause a whole group to collapse if they can't pull their own weight.

The trick is we have to test it first before we can determine if it'll be worth the effort.

I don't mind testing the group dynamic.

1) Hmm...like Leonoardo Da Vinci (Catholic Church/Private Suppoters), Michelangelo (Catholic Church/Private Supporters), Shakespear (English Royalty/Other Aristocratic Supporters), Stephen King (his wife saved Carrie from being throw in the trash). And that's just people backing them financly. Every episodic work like this has taken a team...

2). Preventable and fixable, especially if you have someone like me who can do more than one thing.

#48 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

I wasn't aware their were condition's of applying. I sent off preexisting comic pages I had done as what I can do.

#49 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

1) Financial backing doesn't count.  Being paid to do something is not a collaboration.  

2) Unfair counter-argument. If we are considering this person to fall behind on their own they still would in the group.  If the person can't carry their own weight in the group, Unless someone else is doing the same job, it causes the same amount of damage.  

#50 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

1) Financial backing doesn't count.  Being paid to do something is not a collaboration.  

2) Unfair counter-argument. If we are considering this person to fall behind on their own they still would in the group.  If the person can't carry their own weight in the group, Unless someone else is doing the same job, it causes the same amount of damage.  

1) I already gave you one King gets support via very close friends during the editing process. But all the credits to your favorite movies should work just as fine. xD...Afterall, I've never seen a movie where it just says: made by me. Comics are the same way in many respects. You got writers, pencilers, inkers, colorists, letters/composers, publishers (both print and digital).

2) This con can be margianlized through proper screening of the choosen individuals and some oversight. And like I already said you can have overlap and auxillary through guys like myself who have done all three. 

#51 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

If we are considering this person to fall behind on their own they still would in the group.  If the person can't carry their own weight in the group, Unless someone else is doing the same job, it causes the same amount of damage.

While it would still be bad for somebody to fall behind, I think the point is that we can cover each other if it should happen, whereas with no team, a holdup means no comic. For example, supposing a hypothetical team of you, me, and The Red Stranger (we have way too many Reds around here...), IIRC, all three of us can pencil, ink, and color. We might have our preferences, but if one of us fails to do our job, we have two other people who can do it until the third guy recovers or is replaced as appropriate.

#52 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

If we are considering this person to fall behind on their own they still would in the group.  If the person can't carry their own weight in the group, Unless someone else is doing the same job, it causes the same amount of damage.

While it would still be bad for somebody to fall behind, I think the point is that we can cover each other if it should happen, whereas with no team, a holdup means no comic. For example, supposing a hypothetical team of you, me, and The Red Stranger (we have way too many Reds around here...), IIRC, all three of us can pencil, ink, and color. We might have our preferences, but if one of us fails to do our job, we have two other people who can do it until the third guy recovers or is replaced as appropriate.

That makes a lot more sense.  

Still the group needs to be tested before we know if it's the method to take.  

#53 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Uh, that's what I just said as well (sorry if I was being verbos or convoluted). xD

I agree with you en toto.

#54 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

If we are considering this person to fall behind on their own they still would in the group. If the person can't carry their own weight in the group, Unless someone else is doing the same job, it causes the same amount of damage.

Uh, that's what I just said as well (sorry if I was being verbos or convoluted). xD

That's not what you said at all

#55 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

If we are considering this person to fall behind on their own they still would in the group. If the person can't carry their own weight in the group, Unless someone else is doing the same job, it causes the same amount of damage.

2) This con can be margianlized through proper screening of the choosen individuals and some oversight. And like I already said you can have overlap and auxillary through guys like myself who have done all three.

;) I said it twice I believe.

Now are we gonna beat a dead horse or talk business.

#56 Prince ByTor

Prince ByTor

SatAM and Sally Acorn Fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

The answer to this: Cross Training; it's wot many businesses use as a training model. While everybody does what comes best, you also make it a prerequisite that he/she practices the other jobs, so if one drops out the others can take up the slack. In know this isn't a big business, but if FUS is to grow it might behoove us to adopt some of the model at some level.

#57 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

;) I said it twice I believe.

Now are we gonna beat a dead horse or talk business.
You're right, priorities....

*Grabs baseball bat*

We still need a project to test the group. Without a test run all this horsebeatin' amounts to nada.

#58 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

First we'd need a group to test. :P

#59 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

I wouldnt mind penciling 

#60 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

I recommend Blackwing pencils. They're the same kind Chuck Jones used.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users