Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Other Revival Ideas

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

It is really awesome you have hopes Ethan. I would just like to say, don't expect much. There has been many letters in the past, on various things to SEGA and others. They know everything out there. They know we exist, I mean we are mentioned on the back of the DVD release. FUS is knowin to these parties. So is the Archie community and so on.

I belive the only thing on money mentioned was you would need millions just to beable to buy enough into it to create a TV production of SatAM.

As for donations, FUS does not take any. As we have no plans ourselfs of trying to get enough money to convince SEGA. As well as site expences we are privately funded by myself and John. Thats why you will not see any adds or paypal links on the site.

And yes, like Val said there have been many FUS Cons before. This year will just be the first one held on the West. It will also be probably one of the smaller ones, as I can only see a few of the regulars on the West comming, those who already told me they would come in person.

I am hoping someone will plan one for somewhere in central or east America like in previous years too. There is more of a population on that side and easyer for more people to get too.

#62 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

Actually, I wasn't talking about donations for FUS. On DeviantArt, you can make donations to groups. I was wondering if anybody here knew what happens to the dontations when they're given to one.

As for the letter, I'm sure their have been others sent, however, I'm not just writing to beg them to bring the show back. I'm trying to convince them that it's a good idea to bring it back, to get their support.

I know that I shouldn't expect much, but if we keep trying, maybe we'll finally get through to them.
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#63 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

There's been 15 years of "trying to get through to them". Honestly, I think any attempt to get Sega to get it back on air is practically zero, whether you have an online petition of 100 signatures, a few SatAM sites, and the Archie fanbase as your evidence. No offence, but those are insubstantial enough to sneeze at. I'm just saying that it's been this long with no sign of the show returning whether to rerun or have new episodes, and it would take an act of god for ANYONE to somehow manage to get Sega to think "okay, this cartoon is profitable. Let's get it back on the air!" If it is guaranteed to make them a lot of money, and by a lot, I really mean of around the amount of fans the games have or even more, then MAYBE they'll get it back on air. But hey, if you want to try to convince them, knock yourself out. I wouldn't hold much of high hopes if any though, that's for certain. As I said, your chances of getting through to them are extremely low, if not nonexistent. Unless you have money pouring out of your ears or something.

#64 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

And if you DID have money pouring out your ears, you wouldn't be able to hear...is that too high a cost for a SatAM revival?
"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#65 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

I know it's unlikely, but even if there's a slight chance of bringing SatAM back, I'm taking it! Besides, who knows, if we keep telling them that we want the show back, maybe they'll give in and do it.

Even if Sega doesn't say yes now, perhaps if we convince Cookie Jar they'll reconsider. If I don't get a response from the new letter in about three weeks, I'll send a copy to Cookie Jar. I think it might be a good idea to see if their willing to see the show back on the air as well.

Also, I previously mentioned the idea of putting up a website just for fans who would like to talk about their own ideas about reviving SatAM. I want your opinion of the name, just pick which one you like better:

1) satamrevival.com (short, sweet and to the point)
OR
2)thesatamproject.com (an interesting name that might make companies think we're serious)

#66 Masterge77

Masterge77

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

If I were a super genius, I would build a Time Machine and go back in time to prevent SatAMs cancellation

For now, since the public knows little about our petition, we have only one thing to do: PROTEST!!!!!

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Feb 22 2010, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The question is, what this carrot is, and who is able to procure that carrot.

Archie?

Did they HONESTLY do this!? Oh god, the world has officialy come to an end!!!!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!

#67 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

They did. It was only the front cover that got a makeover, though, which they probably did to prevent confusion... and probably caused more confusion in the process.

#68 Masterge77

Masterge77

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

Indeed, apparently, they cannot tell the diffrence between Robotnik and Eggman.........

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!

#69 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Well, they did that because they figured that the SatAM Robotnik wasn't so easily identifiable anymore. It had been years since he's been in any media, after all.

#70 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Well, at the very least, I have found something constant about the SatAM fandom:
The lack of faith in its revival. Man, everytime I read thru all the comments, I hear the same thing over and over: It's not gonna happen, this is a waste of time, etc.

Well you have a point, it won't work.... IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PITCH IN!!!! If we all pitched in, maybe we could get noticed!

Look, I know that there has been countless efforts to get SatAM back, and so far we've had little success. But if we just give up, then there's no way we'll get SatAM back. As the old saying goes:
"if you don't succeed, try, try again."

Also, I'm thinking about the FUS website biz. I will buy one, to host the SatAM revival cause, however, I want to work a few things out first.

#71 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

If you want to buy web space from us, awesome. You will even get a nifty banner add on the site and forum! But yeah, a site dedicated to reviving SatAM with just petitions and all that could be interesting.

Again, good luck with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users