Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  nzoomed : (22 May 2019 - 05:02 PM)

@furrykef I cant see any thing wrong with her legs. Are you sure you are not looking at the photo of the reverse side of the cel?

@  furrykef : (22 May 2019 - 03:23 PM)

What's up with Bunnie's legs in that cel, though? Her thighs are colored wrong, which doesn't happen in that scene...

@  ShenFNWoo : (22 May 2019 - 08:48 AM)

In other words, it'd be up to you guys whether certain things are prohibited, because with me, almost nothing is sacred, as I believe we're all adults who have the tools to deal with people we dont' get along with.

@  ShenFNWoo : (22 May 2019 - 07:09 AM)

You can go by my rules or you can make your own, I don't really plan on doing any moderation unless someone floods the place (I would ban hackers, but ... well, they hack, lol)

@  ShenFNWoo : (22 May 2019 - 07:07 AM)

Okay, if you guys want, I can make the discord server and promote the appropriate people to admin and can tell them how to do whatever if they don't already know.

@  Shadow : (22 May 2019 - 01:26 AM)

Hot damn.

@  nzoomed : (21 May 2019 - 08:31 PM)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Cel-Adventures-of-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Princess-Sally-Acorn-w-Painted-Background-/113756203026?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

@  nzoomed : (21 May 2019 - 08:31 PM)

someone scored this animation cel from the opening credits :)

@  Sunnyfruit : (21 May 2019 - 01:00 PM)

I'm fine with a Discord.

@  ShenFNWoo : (21 May 2019 - 06:59 AM)

Go ahead and make one then. It only takes a minute to make. Seems we have to experience it to believe it, so let's go.

@  Quickster : (21 May 2019 - 12:09 AM)

I agree with Shadow; we could use a Discord channel.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 May 2019 - 09:07 PM)

Most Social media is a mistake.

@  furrykef : (20 May 2019 - 08:50 PM)

Twitter is ideal for people with very short attention spans. People with names similar to Ronald Dump.

@  Shadow : (20 May 2019 - 03:52 PM)

I only use twitter to look at nsfw art that got exiled off tumblr.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Notification addiction IMHO

@  Ishapar : (20 May 2019 - 01:27 PM)

Never understood the thrill of Twitter. Why do people use it so much when it is basically just a bunch of little "tweets"?

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:21 PM)

Anyway nothing's worse than Twitter.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:20 PM)

But as an archiving medium you can't do better. I'm happy to have read both the notes Hurst left and the elaborate posts made in the heat of the moment, something that couldn't have happened on a simple static website+discord.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:19 PM)

I prefer forums but they aren't made for small talk. Given that not much happens about SatAM they aren't the best way to communicate

@  Shadow : (20 May 2019 - 01:12 PM)

Skype completely shat on everything good MSN messenger had going for it. I miss the custom smilies and nudge functions, plus the avatars that were bigger than a thumb print on screen were nice...

Photo

Mecha-sally

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

Mother of god, I randomly learned today about this arc in the comics long after I had stopped reading and I've been touched.  Seeing my favorite of the supporting cast enslaved was pretty striking for me.  Then when she delivers the "Where were you when the brains were handed out?" line I was absolutely reduced back to my fearful little childhood with SatAM's Sonic's Nightmare episode.  I'm currently binging it refusing to stop until she's saved. 

The team really knew how to pull heartstrings for me, even if SEGA forcing the canon games stuff in there cheapens it a bit...

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Uh...non-spoiler warning...be warned that it's a long arc with a bit less than satisfactory ending.  

#3 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, was a lot longer than I expected with a lot of other stories going on.  Up to 247 now.

And Our Destroyer.

#4 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

less than satisfactory ending.  

ugh...seriously? That's it? ><

And Our Destroyer.

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

Yeah.  The problem literally just "goes away."  Sorry.  xD

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

Yup. Though you can't blame the head writer for it since it was beyond his control.

Complications from the lawsuit with the former writer, Ken Penders, forced Archie Comics to drop all his contributions from the series - which was basically its entirety. Since Archie no longer owns them and SEGA doesn't want anything to do with Penders (due to another lawsuit he was involved with), they decided to completely scrap the old continuity in favor of a reboot instead.

Unfortunately, the impact of Penders laying claim of his old creations seems to have brought an end to the Archie licensed series in general. It's anyone's guess if the new publisher will resume the comic from where it last left off.

#7 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Yup. Though you can't blame the head writer for it since it was beyond his control.

Complications from the lawsuit with the former writer, Ken Penders, forced Archie Comics to drop all his contributions from the series - which was basically its entirety. Since Archie no longer owns them and SEGA doesn't want anything to do with Penders (due to another lawsuit he was involved with), they decided to completely scrap the old continuity in favor of a reboot instead.

Unfortunately, the impact of Penders laying claim of his old creations seems to have brought an end to the Archie licensed series in general. It's anyone's guess if the new publisher will resume the comic from where it last left off.

IDW have a good enough track record when it comes to allowing creators to finish off/continue their run on a licensed comic. They brought in Simon Furman (and his creative team of artists) to do Transformers: Regeneration One which allowed Furman to finish off what he had planned with the old Marvel TF title. And Larry Hama, who penned Marvel's G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero comic was allowed to continue on where that title left off, with that title still going on to this day.

IDW might (and will most likely) start off fresh with their Sonic title, but I wouldn't put it past them to allow Flynn to either continue on or bring about closure to the old Archie continuity. The only obstruction I can see in that path might be Sega not giving it the okay.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#8 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

The reboot thing didn't bother me so much (comic fan, after all), but that arc just...stops.

"He turned me into a robot!"
"A ROBOT?!?!"
"..."
"..."
"..."
"I got better..."

Well, here's hoping IDW keeps the Princess around.  

And Our Destroyer.

#9 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

"I remember everything."

"What do you remember?"

"I legally can't say but now that I've lampshaded it we can move on with this new story and also cross over with Megaman again."

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

That too.  The Mega Man Crossovers kinda took up too much time.  It wasn't a bad story, but it wasn't timed well and for those who weren't interested, they just kinda had to deal with it.  

I wish Crossover events in comics would always be substories or stand-alone stories.  I don't like having to pick up another comic subscription to get the full story.  

#11 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

yeah, omg...I hated reading the Megaman crossover, but I was afraid I'd miss something so I had to keep going.  It wasn't that bad, honestly, but it was like watching Jar Jar prance around while you want to see lightsabers

And Our Destroyer.

#12 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

Wonderful analogy. Stupid gungan.... I shared your disappointment.

#13 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

It wasn't that bad, honestly, but it was like watching Jar Jar prance around while you want to see lightsabers

Wonderful analogy. Stupid gungan.... I shared your disappointment.

Eh. At least the "Clone Wars" series gave him a badass moment in which his ineptitude destroys Mother Talzin (one of the franchise's creepiest villains) forever.

I can safely say I wasn't expecting that. Unless you're one of those conspiracy theorists who believes his clumsiness to be a mere act of masked villainy.

#14 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

The problem I had with the Mecha Sally storyline is that it really did not change anything and had reasonably low stakes. Sally as a robot quickly lost any menacing presence after Sonic was able to repeatedly damage her with ease, and each time became less and less upset about it to the point where she started to be treated as just another Metal Sonic. Amy filled in her shoes on the team with ease, with nothing changing among the Freedom Fighter operations. I'm not sure where her storyline would have gone had things gone as originally planned, but it was getting rather boring.

#15 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

I found it really tense.  Sally was always the brains of the operations and she was able to outsmart the FFs against her a few times.  Made sense to me.  It was overlong, though. Feels like 20+ issues took place over the course of a day and so many other story lines just getting in the way. 

It also was kinda nice to reconnect with the book for a little while and see where everything got to.

And Our Destroyer.

#16 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Except the fact that Mecha Sally was not able to do do anything than to stall for time so Eggman could get away or be used as a bargaining chip. If she say was able to lay siege to Mobotropolis or help secure the robotisization of some captured citizens it would be a very impactful note on her time as a robot. Had I been Ian I'd have made Mecha Sally tip the scales in Eggman's favor up until the very end until he inevitable derobotisization.

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Except the fact that Mecha Sally was not able to do do anything than to stall for time so Eggman could get away or be used as a bargaining chip. If she say was able to lay siege to Mobotropolis or help secure the robotisization of some captured citizens it would be a very impactful note on her time as a robot.

Actually it would have totally Over Powered her.  Sally isn't super strong or fast, and her only amazing power is her brain, being super intelligent.  Since she was no longer able to think or plan on her own, her brain power is nullified.  This makes her no better than a regular robian.  

This is part of the reason for Robotnik Weaponizing her.  

#18 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

But wasn't the weaponization of her was to make her overpowered to stand up to Sonic?

#19 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

He doesn't really say.  He just takes her, upgrades her, and then sends her off to fight.

And Our Destroyer.

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

But wasn't the weaponization of her was to make her overpowered to stand up to Sonic?

He doesn't really say.  He just takes her, upgrades her, and then sends her off to fight.

And yet he pawns off a new Metal Sonic to back her up.  He weaponizes her to make her able to fight.  It's also a demoralizing tactic.  

Also remember the Weaponization was originally intended to explain her redesign later.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users