Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (24 May 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Sonic film delayed by 3 months

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Is their enough artists to keep the comic going?

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 08:02 PM)

As for that cell...wow 2 thousand

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:27 PM)

As for discord...Yeah I'm looking into doing one. I mean I already use one for the comic staff and others. So looking into creating a FUS one

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:26 PM)

So my goal there is to be fully transparent

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:25 PM)

Its a big task...Yeah. And honestly...Well I sure as hell hope we pull it off. Just 1 episode would be great.

Our plan is to make all the money raised totally transparent. As the patreons will see how much we have and wen we have to spend it on something like painted backgrounds etc we will tell them who it is going to and how much etc. I hate raising money..the rest of the team just sorta said we kinda have to for some of the artists we need.

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Also chatted with people in sega...on the corporate front which gets you no where cause of Sega of America and legal with Sega of Japan...but on a more personal talk with employees etc

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:22 PM)

The comic is actually starting to move along good. The issue with the comic was staffing. Only 2 artists.

The animated bit....Okay I was totally unsure years back when I was first approached to try it...And I was right to be that. This time I was half approached half just chatting with people again and started to figure out what went wrong..Why we lost our sega contacts (they restructured...) and so on.

also this time we...well refused to go public till now. Its been a work in progress since October/November. Weve got proper scripts, storyboard artist working on all that. we contacted people to help out....a lot...and some said they would (and are). Even chatted with DHX (the studio that owns s1 and s2 plus all writes)

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 05:41 PM)

count me in

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2019 - 05:38 PM)

Crazy...I didn't think you guys would do it. It was hard enough to keep the Sea3on comic alive: you guys sure you're up for this?

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 05:19 PM)

wow an animated series at last? this is awesome. i hope we get similar animation to the original series. Getting the voices right will be hard.

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 01:41 PM)

Right here, bud https://www.patreon.com/sea3on/posts

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2019 - 12:27 PM)

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but what did I miss? You guys started a patreon for Season 3?

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:42 AM)

Don't worry, I gotcha fam 8-)

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:42 AM)

Or is what happened the reason why it's usually dead around here? Zoom view past the incoming thunderstorm to make out microscopic details on the surface of the moon, when there's plenty of opportunity to notice both?

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:39 AM)

@Kef, I'm reading context clues. That's how I know you're not interested. I can feel the low key disrespect from orbit

https://youtu.be/5EVCTpWTwEU?t=225

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 02:17 AM)

@ furrykef Good pointing that out on the cel, i see what you mean after looking at the intro. Its very possible this was an early concept cel and was scrapped. Possible also that they had decided to give her more prominent robotic legs early in the characters design perhaps?

@  randomizer : (23 May 2019 - 02:17 AM)

Satam is full of animation errors. This is one of my favourites: https://i.imgur.com/aYo73nh.jpg

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 02:04 AM)

Their was a lot of color problems if you ever pause the frames of episodes.

@  furrykef : (22 May 2019 - 10:02 PM)

Okay, I just had a real close look at the intro. Bunnie holds that pose for two frames. In the first, Sonic's in front of one thigh and the other thigh is colored correctly (gray). In the second frame, Sonic covers both thighs. But I looked real close and I noticed in the first frame you do get a glimpse of Bunnie's hidden thigh... and it's brown. So I think the gray thigh was a separate cel that was overlaid to correct the colors, or it was corrected in postproduction.

Photo

Fan Made Continuation Of Archie Sonic's Original Story

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

A group of Archie Sonic fans have gotten together and have decided to continue the original Archie Sonic universe before the whole Ken Penders mess forced Archie to reboot.

Right now the first issue is out.

Here's the link.

http://sonic-mobius....obius-legends-1

#2 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

ok, that's awesome!!  I would love to see how they get this going, and what REALLY became of Sally

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:16 PM

Well, this is off to a good start. Their excuse for continuing the old continuity is surprisingly interesting.

I can't wait to see where it heads next.

ok, that's awesome!!  I would love to see how they get this going, and what REALLY became of Sally

Since it's a fan comic based on Ian's original plans, I can't say this is what "really" happened. It's a nice interpretation of what could've happened, but in the end, it's just about as official as this site's Se3son comic.

But don't let that stop you from enjoying it.

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

Looks great!

#5 sonicroc

sonicroc

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

Haha!  FINALLY!!  I've been waiting for this to happen.  This should help people get over the reboot.  And, of course, I'll enjoy reading it myself...  I guess this is like STC all over again, lol, in a positive way. 

Since it's a fan comic based on Ian's original plans, I can't say this is what "really" happened. It's a nice interpretation of what could've happened, but in the end, it's just about as official as this site's Se3son comic.

Dude...  What does that even mean?  Does a story really need to be endorsed by official copyright owners in order to be "real"?  Stories are stories.  Eventually, [in a fair world] Sonic will eventually go into the public domain.  What will be "real" then? 

One could just as easily assert that Ian Flynn's continuation of Bollers' / Penders' universe isn't what "really" happened, since it's not written by the previous creators. 

It's all relative, my friend.  And since the original universe will never get an official continuation, I grant this comic the right to be what "really happens" in my mind.  That's also how I view Sea3on.  And again, don't forget STC Online, which has some of the original creators' work, and which is considered by just about every STC fan to be the true continuation.  (Or at least, that is the feeling I get.)

Edit:  Just so everyone knows, there is a much-higher-resolution version on the DeviantArt page (I can barely read the pages on Tumblr): 

http://yarcaz.devian...age-1-580648050

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

Haha!  FINALLY!!  I've been waiting for this to happen.  This should help people get over the reboot.  And, of course, I'll enjoy reading it myself...  I guess this is like STC all over again, lol, in a positive way. 

Dude...  What does that even mean?  Does a story really need to be endorsed by official copyright owners in order to be "real"?  Stories are stories.  Eventually, [in a fair world] Sonic will eventually go into the public domain.  What will be "real" then? 

One could just as easily assert that Ian Flynn's continuation of Bollers' / Penders' universe isn't what "really" happened, since it's not written by the previous creators. 

It's all relative, my friend.  And since the original universe will never get an official continuation, I grant this comic the right to be what "really happens" in my mind.  That's also how I view Sea3on.  And again, don't forget STC Online, which has some of the original creators' work, and which is considered by just about every STC fan to be the true continuation.  (Or at least, that is the feeling I get.)

He means because it's fan made it isn't necessarily what Ian Flynn was going to do.

Like Sea3on is based on ideas for SatAM season 3 but isn't necessarily how Season 3 would have gone. 

#7 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

Here's hoping Fiona doesn't die a villain.

#8 Janus

Janus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

A rather interesting idea to be honest.  I couldn't find the comic in the hyperlink at the beginning of this thread, so here's one I just found.

http://archiesonicon...Legends001pg0sm

Hope this helps.

#9 HoodlessMads

HoodlessMads

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

AWESOME! I'm so excited! I didn't know about this.

Personally, whenever Ian gets around to releasing the rest of the Lost Hedgehog Tales, I will consider that to be the true canon continuation of what would have happened. Once that happens, I would love to see somebody adapt it into fan comics. But until then, this is great. How much of it I consider "canon" and how much I consider fan speculation, I will decide once I've read it. It depends on how much I like it.

That's not to say that I think something has to be "official" for it to be real. Just because Ken Penders used to be the head writer doesn't mean I consider his (terrible) future plans to be the true continuation. I just happen to like Ian Flynn a lot, so he's the real deal for me as far as a canon continuation of the original continuity is concerned. I feel he had/has the best handle on the story and characters and where they were going than anybody, and that's just by virtue of having been the head writer for ten years and having been extremely successful at it.

But that aside, this fan continuation is EXACTLY what I need to keep me satiated. And since we'll likely never get an "official" continuation other than Ian's LHT, I will consider this comic to be at the very least AS legitimate a speculation as any. Who knows...this comic could actually turn out better than what Ian had planned.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, whether it's legitimate or not isn't really an issue for me. Like any fanfiction continuation of a story, I just want to play around in this world a little more.

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

I'm glad they finally updated

#11 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

Order of Swords Final Boss

• Fellow FUSer
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:37 AM

I'm glad they finally updated

Irony

My art:  http://shen-fn-woo.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffini.../shenfuckinwoo/

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

#12 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

Issue two has been released and I must say they really upped their game with it. Much more polished. Cheers!

#13 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

It looks great! Hopefully they can get a steady schedule for it

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

anigif_enhanced-2299-1426273174-20_previ

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users