Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Ken Penders Have Done It Again.. But Even Worst!

KenPenders

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

Read this whole article:

http://www.tssznews....rchie-contract/

I think this guy have gone too far. When will he ever stop???? 

#2 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

Yeah I posted this in the Sonic Writers topic. It shows that the guy has no good ideas of his own, or is confident to keep building off what he has without stealing other peoples work.

#3 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

Has he actually produced anything besides lawsuits since 2006? It's been 5 years now since he announced that Laura-Su thing. How long can it take to draw one comic?

#4 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

To be fair, there's a lot involved in that sort of thing. People much better than him have taken forever with similar things even without having to take time away for legal battles.

#5 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

I wish someone would buy his characters and Sega and Archie already.

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

Whom do you have in mind, specifically?

#7 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

Nintendo.
Disney.
Microsoft.

Take your pick.

------jNz0y5.jpg<-(Retired)
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#8 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

Me.

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

Serious question: Would the other writers even sell to him? I'm sure as hell Bollers wouldnt

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

I was wondering the same thing.

#11 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

Nintendo.
Disney.
Microsoft.

Take your pick.

I'd rather take my chances with Disney and/or Nintendo than lend them over to Microsoft; especially after what they've done to Rare.

#12 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

Technically the other writers dont legally own them since they never signed a contract with Archie to retain their rights. But then again, there isn't really that many characters outside Penders jurisdiction that will be sorely missed. Maybe Fiona and Mina, but those two were never really written all that likable to begin with.

#13 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

Serious question: Would the other writers even sell to him? I'm sure as hell Bollers wouldnt

He said "The offer is out there, and I've already been contacted."

Technically the other writers dont legally own them since they never signed a contract with Archie to retain their rights. But then again, there isn't really that many characters outside Penders jurisdiction that will be sorely missed. Maybe Fiona and Mina, but those two were never really written all that likable to begin with.

"I've decided to bite the bullet & purchase the copyrights of the work by any & all SONIC freelancers who didn't sign a contract with Archie."

Apparently there were at least a few others. If I recall, a few of them joined in the shenanegans after Penders's suit was successful.

What I want to know is why he writes Sonic in all caps.

#14 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

Technically the other writers dont legally own them since they never signed a contract with Archie to retain their rights.

I'm pretty sure you need to sign a contract to give up the rights, not to retain them. That's what started this whole mess; Penders never signed a contract with Archie (or Archie couldn't find anything he did sign), so he retains the rights to his own stuff.

#15 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:01 AM

Technically the other writers dont legally own them since they never signed a contract with Archie to retain their rights.

I'm pretty sure you need to sign a contract to give up the rights, not to retain them. That's what started this whole mess; Penders never signed a contract with Archie (or Archie couldn't find anything he did sign), so he retains the rights to his own stuff.

Then someone should MAKE him sign a contract.

#16 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:23 AM

They did. Archie lost it.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#17 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Whom do you have in mind, specifically?

Anyone.

Well, make him sign one AGAIN! Sorry. I'm still sore about the lawsuit. It made us suffer seeing Naugus become king and Sally being roboticized for absolutely no reason whatsoever, by ending it in an anticlimactic way because Sega, Archie, and Ken Penders are greedy and selfish.

#18 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

Well apparently at one point there was a mysterious fire where a lot of their legal papers were lost in it.

#19 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Anyone.

Well, make him sign one AGAIN! Sorry. I'm still sore about the lawsuit. It made us suffer seeing Naugus become king and Sally being roboticized for absolutely no reason whatsoever, by ending it in an anticlimactic way because Sega, Archie, and Ken Penders are greedy and selfish.

Legally they can't.

Sour you are but it's said and done. Damage has been made and there's nothing we can do other than to watch Penders destroy himself

#20 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Well apparently at one point there was a mysterious fire where a lot of their legal papers were lost in it.

Your emphasis on "mysterious" makes it sound awfully suspicious; almost as if Penders himself started that fire to get rid of any evidence...

Hmmm... ¬_¬

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users