Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Steven Universe

Animation Cartoon Network

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I've watch this new Cartoon Network show call: "Steven Universe"..

And I got to say: It wasn't that bad at all! I thought it was pretty good and the music opening is pretty catchy :-)

If anymore ever watch that show or heard of it... post your reviews here!

And here's the opening:

#2 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Of all those pilots for Cartoon Network to choose, they chose this one.

Look up Lakewood Plaza Turbo, a series that Cartoon Network denied in favor of this. It's literally Adventure Time meets Street Fighter meets DragonBall Z.
image.jpg

#3 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Look up Lakewood Plaza Turbo, a series that Cartoon Network denied in favor of this. It's literally Adventure Time meets Street Fighter meets DragonBall Z.

Cartoon Network...you use to be so wonderful. You took risks. Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter, The Power Puff Girls those were funnier shows. I love the episode of Johnny Bravo with the clown on the plane (obvious parody of  The Twilight Zone). The 90's and ealy 2000's were it for Cartoon Network.

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Cartoon Network...you use to be so wonderful. You took risks. Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter, The Power Puff Girls those were funnier shows. I love the episode of Johnny Bravo with the clown on the plane (obvious parody of  The Twilight Zone). The 90's and ealy 2000's were it for Cartoon Network.

The owner of Cartoon Network Claims to hate Cartoons. 

#5 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

The only CN show I've greatly enjoyed since 2006 was Mystery Inc. The Looney Tunes Show had its moments, but suffered from both an identity crisis and the inevitable comparisons with the brilliant mid-1900s versions of the franchise.

Don't get me started on the crime against civilization that is Teen Titans Go.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Good man.  

#7 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Good man.

I loved the new more in depth and episodic dramadey that was Mystery Inc.

Call me a sinner and a heritic...but I think Adventure Time isn't that funny. It has it's moments but I get this wretched feeling that it's teeth were ripped out and it's not what should be (look at the guy's work on Cartoon Hangover and you'll see a difference).

#8 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

They aren't that bad. Adventure Time has gotten better and better to the point where it actually has a good plot, and even gets super-dramatic.

And don't get me started on Regular Show! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!
image.jpg

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,573 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Call me a sinner and a heritic...but I think Adventure Time isn't that funny. It has it's moments but I get this wretched feeling that it's teeth were ripped out and it's not what should be (look at the guy's work on Cartoon Hangover and you'll see a difference).

THANK YOU!  I'm not the only one who thinks the whole thing is dumb!  

I agree that there are some good moments, but not enough for me to watch.  It doesn't feel like and Adventure, even a kid's adventure, but rather a drug trip. 

#10 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

I agree that there are some good moments, but not enough for me to watch.  It doesn't feel like and Adventure, even a kid's adventure, but rather a drug trip. 

Did they really replace "go with God" to "go with Glob". If so...I have a new reason to hate the show. 

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Did they really replace "go with God" to "go with Glob". If so...I have a new reason to hate the show. 

Political correstness is the reason why they did that

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#12 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

They always say Glob or Grod. It's just a thing.
image.jpg

#13 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Any inclination I might have had to watch Adventure Time was crushed by the art style, which I find among the ugliest in recent memory.

#14 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Political correstness is the reason why they did that

Yes...because calling people's diety a term used for a blob of snot is so Politically Correct. That was a wise choice.  :facepalm:

Don't you love how on TV 96% of the mentionings of God are blasphemous, even in kid shows, yet mentioning God in even a non-chalant cuases an absolute witch-hunt - then this, this is deemed okay?

The art style is...simplistic. Then I'm a maximalist when it comes to art. I love detail and power in the expression (stylistic-realism is my favorite style).  

#15 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I haven't see Steven Universe yet, but it looked good enough for a viewing; much better that that tripe that is Uncle Grandpa. (BARF).

It's not just Cartoon Network; most of the other stations just play reality TV or stuff I really don't care about. The Hub was good, but now its degraded as well with the exception of a couple of shows. There's really no Science Fiction on Sci-Fi and there's no music on MTV; heck there's really no news, just opinion shows. That's one of the reason we dropped cable: it just wasn't worth it.

This is also why I have low hopes for the new Sonic show; if you like what's on cartoon network now then you'll probably love it.

TV is dead.

This is the future. *Points to all of you with a smile.*

#16 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

In all honesty, I actually enjoy some of their shows.

"Adventure Time" is weird, but that's what makes it so fun. It's like a surreal mixture of "Dungeons and Dragons", "Super Mario Bros.", and those old Feischer cartoons from the 30's. You have no idea what to expect, thus it never falls to predictable cliches. The characters are also likable and the setting becomes more interesting the more you explore it.

"Regular Show" is weird too, but in a different way. It takes itself more seriously and is more relaxed in tone compared to "Adventure Time". The characters seem one-note at first, but the show explores their backgrounds and goes into detail on why they behave the way they do. They even manage to throw a moral or two into some episodes, which is also nice. If anything, the show feels like the 90's love-child of "Beavis and Butthead" and "Rocko's Modern Life" with elements from "Wayne's World" and "Homestar Runner".

I'm shocked at the amount of people who heavily criticize these shows for being "weird". Normally, I wouldn't mind them (considering one's personal tastes and all), but a lot of these complainers grew up with shows like "Ren and Stimpy", "The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat", and "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"; shows which were oftentimes (in my opinion) weirder than what's currently airing nowadays. I can't help but think that some of these complainers have their nostalgia goggles on too tight.

#17 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Tell me Twisted Tales of Felix wasn't made on crack. Tell me that with a straight face.
image.jpg

#18 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,573 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

For the Record:

I don't like Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, Wayne's World, Rocko's Modern Life, or The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat. All those shows came off either two silly or just flat out dumb for me.

I haven't really liked AoStH since I was a little kid.  Part of that I blame on SatAM and Underground being much better, but mostly I think I just outgrew that stage.  

Based on these facts, I'm not surprised I don't like Adventure Time.  It doesn't feel like an adventure or even a kid's adventure/dream/game.  It feel like it's a collection of jokes that were left over from Spongebob (A show that I don't like either) because the Underwater setting didn't work and a Fantasy (Child's Fantasy?) works better. 

#19 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Not sure why AOSTH was brought up. That show is the very model of sanity.

Attached File  No Comment.jpg   40.4KB   2 downloads

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

PUMPKIN, WHAT?!
image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Animation, Cartoon Network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users