Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Political Correctness Run Amok

rebel flag dukes of hazzard anti-PC anti-hate group venting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

Once again, political correctlness has gotten out of hand. This time, it's the massive overreactions that have led to stuff like bans on displays of the Rebel (Confederate) Flag, which has further extended to such things as Warner Bros pulling production of Dukes of Hazzard memorabillia, TV Land banning the show, and NASCAR's mostly failed "trade your Rebal Flags for American Flags" program. I've warned people about "PC Stuff Run Amok" in the past and people generally laughed at me. And now, we have what is essentially and assult on the lives of roughly half the US population's persuit of happieness. I'll not say what I think of the PC crowd here, because it involves words that could get me in more trouble than this topic is worth...

I will say that I lump them in with the hate groups they claim to oppose, but are too fucking gutless to really do anything about. Where the hell does this madness end? What're you goinna do? Try and physically remove my Dukes of Hazzard DVDs and toy General Lees? Take away my class ring? Try it and I'll put a deer slug in your fucking pseudo-nazi head, and use some tricks I know of to ensure that there won't be remains to be found...

To the PC-Nazis out there (if you're not one, you can stop reading here if you want): Just because some assholes like to use something for evil purposes, that doesn't mean that you should go after those who don't, you dipshits... If you'd let us stamp out those groups of people who are using them for evil, instead of protecting them (and even forcing us to protect them), then there would be less crime and hate in the world... Less innocent people killed. But, no... The hate groups and terrorists have to have rights, too... You're not part of the solution. You're part of the problem, to the extend of preventing the solution. Stop trying to push your agenda on everyone. That's why people hate you. It's not because of your beliefs. It's because of your actions and attempts to force those beliefs on the rest of us. Get the stick out of your ass and practice what you preach: Let those who aren't PC remain non-PC...

That is all. I just needed to get that off my chest. Have a nice day, everyone who isn't a PC-Nazi. If I've offended anyone, then the problem is most likely with that/those person/people.

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#2 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

I am no fan of the Confederate flag and have a very low opinion of its use as a symbol of Southern pride. That said, when I heard about the Dukes of Hazzard/General Lee thing, I thought they were going too far. The show's about a bunch of rednecks, and rednecks like the Confederate flag. Whether it's "right" or not for them to is immaterial.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rebel flag, dukes of hazzard, anti-PC, anti-hate group, venting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users