Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (29 May 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Yo Lito

@  furrykef : (25 May 2020 - 09:38 AM)

I can handle it, but why do you want to delete your account?

@  Lito290 : (24 May 2020 - 09:02 PM)

How does one request the deletion of their account?

@  VHS : (21 May 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I gotta join that then

@  Shadow : (14 May 2020 - 01:17 PM)

Sure is. A lot more lively than here.

@  VHS : (02 May 2020 - 08:31 AM)

Oh shoot there's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 06:58 PM)

It's a disagreement between two people...n judging what goes on in there sometimes that's a very apt description xD

@  John Roberts : (25 April 2020 - 05:34 PM)

What's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 04:15 PM)

Activity is spread across forum, discord 'n the site chat room. There's life, it's just hiding under different rocks :D

@  RedAuthar : (25 April 2020 - 04:13 PM)

It's still slow. We ain't dead. Just close

@  VHS : (23 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Wait, I thought this place wasn't dead, it seemed active

@  VHS : (23 April 2020 - 11:20 AM)

I LIVE

@  wildfire : (22 April 2020 - 10:57 AM)

Ya know John, I wouldn't be surprised if it was me. At least I'm a bit more active these days

@  chief : (20 April 2020 - 05:24 PM)

Discod stays going pretty good

@  Nex : (20 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Is the Discord busy? Still trying t figure out where most of you monkeys hang out.

@  MauEvig : (19 April 2020 - 07:58 PM)

Well, I'll be chilling on the Discord. :)

@  John Roberts : (19 April 2020 - 12:32 PM)

It's just you, Wildfire. You're killing us mate!

@  wildfire : (19 April 2020 - 09:01 AM)

To be fair, there are more rapid forms of communication these days. The Discord server sees a far bit of attention. I remember the IRC too, but that's dead last I looked

@  MauEvig : (18 April 2020 - 08:10 PM)

A shame. And here I'm finally getting back into the spirit of everything Sonic. Well maybe we just need to liven things up. :)

@  furrykef : (18 April 2020 - 06:38 PM)

The forum's pretty dead at the best of times, really.

Photo

Darker Sonic Theories

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MauEvig

MauEvig

Feline Warrior Guardian

• Fellow FUSer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

Sonic theories are always fun to discuss, but sometimes it's interesting to think about some of the darker theories that could potentially exist, regardless of the canon.

One that my boyfriend and I like discussing is one involving Knuckles. I'm sure most of us have played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but to give an overview, remember the scene where Robotnik electrocutes Knuckles when he attempts to get the Master emerald back from him? We've thought of some interesting theories regarding that.

One is that Knuckles got some kind of implants in his brain that allowed Robotnik/Eggman to control him in later games, and why he still continues to fall for the same tricks and constantly gets duped. In Sonic 3, we hardly see the foolish naive echidna that is later portrayed in many of the later games (not a big fan of Knuckles being a complete doofis, though I'll admit to liking Sonic Boom the cartoon series but I digress). In Sonic Adventure, Knuckles is duped by Robotnik once more and he attacks Sonic. In Sonic Advance 2 Knuckles attacks Sonic while controlling one of Eggman's machines.

Another possibility is that Knuckles is completely brainwashed, reliving the same nightmare over and over as Eggrobo attacks Angel Island. This could be where the Knuckles gameplay levels come in, since I've always figured they took place after the Sonic ones. 

Even darker? Knuckles dies after Sonic 3 and Knuckles and is replaced with a clone or robot duplicate that's under Eggman/Robotnik's control. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Knuckles and he's always been one of my favorite characters. I just think it's fun to speculate certain theories about him. Even if he wasn't killed per say (that was certainly a powerful electrical jolt that he got from Robotnik, and he might have helped Sonic in a last ditch effort to save the Master Emerald when he finds out who the real badguy is) I think the mind control is possible, as well as the clones or robots. Knuckles makes a lot of appearances in later games, but why exactly does he leave Angel Island? Isn't that his sworn duty? Unless it's a clone duplicate to trick Sonic and Tails. 

What do you think of these darker theories about Knuckles?
Do you have any dark theories about Sonic? 

I already talked about how I think Tails is a kitsune or at least part kitsune in another thread, but I don't think he's necessarily evil. Unless the entire best friend thing is an act to learn Sonic's weaknesses and ultimately plan his demise. Foxes are tricksters after all, haha!

#2 wildfire

wildfire

Pro Lurker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:13 AM

When it comes to fan theories I don't know that I really have any.  But there is a question that permeates my mind.  If Sonic is 16 like it says in his bio, then why have we never heard from his parents?  I'm speaking of the games exclusively of course, since the parentage issue was addressed in the Archie Comics.  But I always wondered about Sonic's relationship with his family at large.

With regards to SatAM theories, there's always the thought of Uncle Chuck's invention of the Robotosizer.  After all, he DID say that he invented it as a means to help older people live longer.  So I guess the question is, was Sir Charles afraid of his own death? He was certainly older, and likely approaching the end of the road.  On a related note, would he have lived long enough to help Sonic and the Freedom Fighters had he not been Robotosized?

My X-Box LIVE Gamertag: a b1ue streak

Feel free to add me

3-22-05/8-23-11/2-17-12 Gone but never forgotten (I miss you guys)

#3 MauEvig

MauEvig

Feline Warrior Guardian

• Fellow FUSer
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:36 PM

When it comes to fan theories I don't know that I really have any.  But there is a question that permeates my mind.  If Sonic is 16 like it says in his bio, then why have we never heard from his parents?  I'm speaking of the games exclusively of course, since the parentage issue was addressed in the Archie Comics.  But I always wondered about Sonic's relationship with his family at large.

With regards to SatAM theories, there's always the thought of Uncle Chuck's invention of the Robotosizer.  After all, he DID say that he invented it as a means to help older people live longer.  So I guess the question is, was Sir Charles afraid of his own death? He was certainly older, and likely approaching the end of the road.  On a related note, would he have lived long enough to help Sonic and the Freedom Fighters had he not been Robotosized?

That's an interesting theory. If Chuck was afraid of death, I wonder if anything could have happened that would have sparked that fear? Did he come close to death in the great war? Perhaps his watched his brother die in the war? (Or sister, since SatAM technically has a different storyline than the comics did, so either of them could have been Sonic's parent). 

There's two theories I can think of if Sonic grew up with Uncle Chuck. One, is that his parents died during the great war era, either in battle or his mom could have potentially died in childbirth resulting in Chuck taking care of Sonic as the designated godfather or his last living relative. 

It's also possible that the events of Sonic Underground happened (or something similar), with Sonic living in Knothole with Uncle Chuck to protect him, but perhaps a different twist on it. If Sonic is indeed royalty, it's possible he's Sally's betrothed which would make an interesting twist plot wise. That would make Chuck aka Sir Charles an ambassador chosen to raise Sonic in the Acorn Kingdom until he's ready to marry Sally. The betrothal idea makes sense because there was a time when Kingdoms did betroth their children to create ties between Kingdoms or to end conflicts. The betrothal could have been an agreement between Sonic's birth Kingdom and the Acorn Kingdom. Plus, Sonic's design does look a lot differently than the other Mobians so it's possible he could have been a different "race" of Mobian.

Then of course the coup de tat happened and now Sonic has to try to fight for his Kingdom.

It's interesting to think about. A robotized Chuck might have lived long enough to help Sonic and the freedom fighters, whereas, if he was an elderly hedgehog he might not have been otherwise. He also could have been a great Uncle. Of course, I always considered him middle aged, but it's possible he was a much much older brother to one of Sonic's parents, or a great Uncle. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users