Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Current Anime

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

Simple question really. Does anyone here keep up with current season Anime or is it just me? I know Penance does, he might not be on the forums much these days but he is in the chat daily. So I just figured if anyone else kept up with the currently running shows.

#2 Reed Teran

Reed Teran

I'll have a double order of onion rings!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

...does Superjail count?

Proud servant of the God-Emperor. His Will be done.

Black_Templars_Badge.png

Lord Castellan of the Mobius Crusade

#3 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Is this a question about recent anime shows?
Posted Image

#4 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

Current Season Anime. . . So yes. Stuff that is airing now. You can get up to date subs on all current shows at www.animetake.com

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Like with most shows, I seem to have very little interest in the current airing animes....I like the older ones better.

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

I'm like the opposite there. I don't like most stuff older then 03 or there abouts. Some of the older shows are good but for the most part I shy away from anything older then 03

#7 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

Current Season Anime. . . So yes. Stuff that is airing now. You can get up to date subs on all current shows at www.animetake.com

I don't watch much anime since alot of it is just way too gory and off the wall.

Although, a couple recent ones that no longer have any new episodes have intruiged me.
Posted Image

#8 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Trying to catch up on Naruto Shippuden. Though i like DBZ, i have also been watching FMA.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#9 quirkybear

quirkybear

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been watching much anime recently. It has gotten too repetitive for me to watch. Here are some anime that I enjoy. Mushi-Shi (2005-2006), Shounen Onmyouji(2006-2007), Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) (2000), Last Exile (2003), Gungrave(2003-2004), FLCL , and Fullmetal Alchemist. Also, anything by Studio Ghibli is fun, but considered kiddie movies such as: Howl's Moving Castle or The Secret World of Arietty. Onmyouji had some great demon/monster designs in my opinion.

Elfen Lied is supposed to be good. I asked my friend, and she just told me about it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'm into DBZ and FMA (Brotherhood, of course).

I'm also watching Case Closed and Lupin III when I've got some free time. I'm a really classic guy in that sense.

#11 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Don't have cable. :(
image.jpg

#12 quirkybear

quirkybear

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'm into DBZ and FMA (Brotherhood, of course).

I'm also watching Case Closed and Lupin III when I've got some free time. I'm a really classic guy in that sense.

I remember Case Closed, and Lupin. Is CC still on-going or is that just the manga?

Don't have cable. :(

Fun has a youtube channel if you're interested. They have sub and dubbed episodes there of certain shows. You might find Brotherhood, but probably not DBZ.

Also... Blood C looks interesting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Internet?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#14 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I'm not that into current anime, I find most of them uninteresting. They tend to be way too over-dramatic and serious most of the time, and they all look and feel the same. They're nicely drawn, but there's no way to tell them apart nowadays.

Personally, I more into the light-hearted, fantasy/adventure-type anime geared towards children and family audiences. I'm a big fan of Osamu Tezuka's work (Astroboy, Kimba, Black Jack, Metropolis, ect.), I enjoy "Speed Racer" and the original "Dragonball" series (DBZ was okay, but it was way too drawn out), and I love Studio Ghibli's films (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, ect.).

#15 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I must agree with you, there, sir.

#16 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I managed to get hooked on Bleach. But that's it for anime and me.

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#17 quirkybear

quirkybear

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm not that into current anime, I find most of them uninteresting. They tend to be way too over-dramatic and serious most of the time, and they all look and feel the same. They're nicely drawn, but there's no way to tell them apart nowadays.

Personally, I more into the light-hearted, fantasy/adventure-type anime geared towards children and family audiences. I'm a big fan of Osamu Tezuka's work (Astroboy, Kimba, Black Jack, Metropolis, ect.), I enjoy "Speed Racer" and the original "Dragonball" series (DBZ was okay, but it was way too drawn out), and I love Studio Ghibli's films (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, ect.).

That's awesome. I am also a fan of Tezuka, and I am currently in the market for the Kimba boxset. I have yet to read Black Jack. Dragonball was also one of my favorite shows. :) Studio Ghibli has always made great films in my opinion, especially with the help of Joe Hisaishi. He makes lovely music, and it always calms me down--at least the gentler parts anyway. The Cat Returns is one of my favorite ones.

Muta:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

While I don't watch current anime, I can say that this is my favorite anime show:

:D
image.jpg

#19 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Haha! I remember Hamtaro. ...And yes, I watched, from time to time. ...I am a MAN!

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

You have proved yourself worthy RedMenace.

Funny thing is, you can find barley anything on the show online! No episodes, no toys. Only a few Let's Plays of the Nintendo games, and none of the Japanese episodes. (The series had 7 more seasons in Japan.)
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users