Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  wildfire : (28 November 2021 - 03:05 PM)

Just throwing a shout in here since it's been a minute. Whaddup FUS!!!

@  RedG : (09 September 2021 - 02:40 PM)

yo yo

@  Shadow : (08 September 2021 - 10:16 PM)

Greetings, visitor

@  DMoney : (08 September 2021 - 02:08 PM)

hey whattup everybody!

@  furrykef : (03 September 2021 - 07:07 AM)

*pokes the shoutbox*

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 05:12 PM)

Sonic Prime seems like an interesting opportunity with that purported multiverse angle.

@  Shadow : (12 May 2021 - 05:04 PM)

Barely. Holding out for the big update.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 05:00 PM)

It's good to see the place still kicking.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 04:59 PM)

How have you been?

I've been floating around here and there.

I think it's been about a decade at this point, right?

@  furrykef : (12 May 2021 - 04:44 PM)

I haven't seen you in ages, man! Where ya been?

@  Shadow : (12 May 2021 - 04:44 PM)

Hey, if it isn't Lord Exor. Long time no see.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 04:32 PM)

Hi.

@  furrykef : (08 May 2021 - 01:50 AM)

The Sea3on Discord: https://discord.gg/qQrqAvG

@  FreezyTailrazor : (07 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

What's this about a discord?

@  FreezyTailrazor : (07 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

Long time no see.

@  Ishapar : (29 April 2021 - 10:20 AM)

I will check things out once in awhile, but right now I am mostly trying to work on getting back on my own two feet after struggling for a near decade.

@  Shadow : (20 April 2021 - 11:59 PM)

I lurk but am mainly on the discord server

@  Altair the D... : (20 April 2021 - 08:44 AM)

I think that describes most of us, eh? ;)

Photo

Animaniacs 2020

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

A classic has returned. Not a reboot or reimagining, but a continuation of everything fans of the show liked about it. We even got Pinky and the Brain back!

#2 Nex

Nex

Horrible Coffee Goblin

• Fellow FUSer
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:21 AM

So long as we get the Wheel of Morality making a return, i'll be happy.

TFP: "ok, tell me when you guys stop mixing Transformers The Movie with Counterstrike then i'll come back."
Jim North: "Megatron was nothing but a shotgun bitch and a camper"

#3 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,638 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:37 PM

Honestly, It wasn't that good. The music, animation and VA was great. The content was very hit or miss with humor that will be dated in like 3 months at worst and a year at best. Way to over reliant on political humor... maybe it was there when I was younger and missed it

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#4 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:17 PM

There was some in the original, yeah. "While Bill Clinton plays the sax" was in the first season intro. This version does seem more political, though.

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,638 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I watched a bunch of the old ones to compare. There was definitely some but it didn't rely on modern references and such as they did in the reboot. At times with the newer one I thought I was watching an episode of Family Guy.

There's something there with the newer one, but it really did leave a bit of a sour aftertaste.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:02 AM

From what I can gather from YouTube clips, the original was a kids' show that adults can watch, and this one is more of an adults' show that kids can watch. I suppose that shouldn't be surprising, since they know a lot of people who were around to watch it the first time around are going to be watching it.

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:09 AM

The problem is that in the past, Animaniacs was unique compared to all the other cartoons around it.

Modernly more cartoons/shows/media make the same kind of humor, so a lot of the charm is gone.

Example is the politics. Right now everyone is making political jokes. So it's not special anymore. In fact it's kinda oversaturated.

#8 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:05 PM

This show seems to be doing an amazing job of targeting both children and adults, though, and few cartoons ever pull that off, whether they're old or new.

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:26 AM

This show seems to be doing an amazing job of targeting both children and adults, though, and few cartoons ever pull that off, whether they're old or new.

I sorta agree. Personally I haven't watched any of it myself, but all the reviews see either love the cartoon, or dislike for not things that aren't the cartoon's fault but things like the platform, updates in animation style/techniques, or like I said before: it's not as unique as it used to be.

I say if you're interested you should probably watch it.  I'll get to it eventually.  

#10 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,638 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:40 PM

I mean the old show did an amazing job with it, so is it really a surprise?

Though, a lot of the younger kids I know seem to dislike it.

#11 VHS

VHS

Skeleton Man

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:17 AM

I've only seen 1 episode, not in a rush to see any others.  I think the new talent isn't the best for this kind of show, not to mention the kind of humor Animaniacs had, while funny back in its heyday and still funny in retrospect, I think doesn't work for the current era because everyone takes the piss out of society and politics now and it feels like low hanging fruit in comparison to the old show.

10b1877fec7ebd7925e7572ebfed538a01ac451b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users