Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Pick One Sonic Game Character To Join Satam And Explain Why

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:34 AM

Simple enough: choose a character from the Sonic games and explain why he or she would be a good match for the SatAM world and his or her role or function within the lore.

#2 SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH

The lastest thing alive

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:15 AM

Knuckles is the easiest choice, especially considering he was originally slated to join anyway. He could have been the avenue to introducing the Chaos Emeralds progressively and eventually Super Sonic.

Though they did kind of corner themselves by implying the floating island ISN’T Angel Island. Don’t know how they planned to work around that.

#3 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

I would kind of like to see how they would have had Shadow.

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#4 E122Psi

E122Psi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

E-102 Gamma would be an interesting concept to bring into the show, the premise that anything made by Robotnik could have a conscience, to the point of being a tragic creation that resents taking away a form of natural life, that would be a unique perspective and if one of the Freedom Fighters interacted heavily with him, it would be a very different moral dilemma for them.

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Nearly everyone cites Knuckles as their go-to character, but I'm curious to see how they would've adapted Amy into the mix.

With Sally being Sonic's romantic partner in the show, would Amy's affection be a hindrance to their relationship? Or would they change her character to more of a fangirl? And considering her tarot card usage, would they play up the magical/mysticism side of her character? I can't think of any magic users on the Freedom Fighter team.

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

I just have a hard time picturing Any in the SatAM universe. With it's more serious tone and all.
But..at the same time..hmm..be interesting

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,571 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Ignoring Knuckles and Metal, the popular choices, I'd probably go with a character like Shadow or Rouge. Someone who can ride the line between ally and enemy. Someone who is just as likely to help the freedom fighters as interfere.

A slight edge to Shadow as his dark past would be more interesting with a SatAM twist. Even if you take out Gerald Robotnik and Maria, you could still have a story of genetic manipulation, artificial creation, and betrayal.

Though on the other hand having Rouge as a treasure hunter who is more out for herself than the rest of moebius could be interesting too.

#8 SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH

The lastest thing alive

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:12 AM

If I were to avoid a cop-out answer (although I think the justification was valid regardless of the low-hanging fruit), I’d say Amy. As much as she annoys me, her relationship with Sally would be fun since she’d have a tough time accepting Sonic’s relationship with her (plus I’d get to stick it to Amy for being a pest in doing so).

Also, as an aside I have plans to eventually write a story where Silver and Blaze cross over into the SatAM universe to help the Freedom Fighters combat a malevolent Solaris who is on the verge of tearing through into their reality. However this story takes place in a reimagined SatAM universe that is similar but with different circumstances. It's also a long way off (as in "once I kill off Robotnik" future plan at a point where I'm still writing the world-building chapters).

#9 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

I just have a hard time picturing Any in the SatAM universe. With it's more serious tone and all.

In a universe that also has Antoine and Dulcy present? It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

#10 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

Well with Knuckles aside as the easy choice, I'd like to see Mighty and Ray. They would make a good team up trio for Sonic for missions that involves the Freedom Fighters to split up into groups.

#11 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

Going with the villain route and saying Metal Sonic would fit in this series pretty well. Roboticization is a key element in the series already, and though he isn't a roboticized Sonic in the sense of the other slaves, Robotnik could come up with the idea to create him after failing to actually capture Sonic and turning him. 

#12 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:27 AM

I'd go with Metal Sonic, then Rouge. The first one because the idea of Robotnik renouncing to roboticize Sonic and make a robotic imitation of him instead would make a pretty good arc. Then Rouge because I like her kind of independent attitude (I really dislike the very meek, passive interpretation of the post-Adventure characters and she's an exception to that behavior rule), and her interacting in the very factionalized universe of SatAM would be interesting as well.

I wonder how Shadow would integrate though. Could be a way to introduce the human colonies Hurst mentioned but that would be tough.

#13 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

I always believed that Metal Sonic WAS the roboticized Sonic and when I put it all together, I was horrified.

CD was all about time travel.  In order to stop Robotnik from resetting everything after the credits, you have to use the power of all the Time Stones or travel back in time in each zone to destroy the Robot Generators in the past.  You can see the effect Robotnik has on each level in the Bad Futures.  They are all desiccated wastelands full of rusted machines and poisoned, polluted terrain. 

If you look at Metal Sonic, himself, when you reach him for the boss fight, he's the only robot you don't fight.  He taunts you with the classic finger wave and challenges you to a race.  None of the other robotic Sonic clones do this.  They just mimic Sonic and attack.  Metal Sonic doesn't even really attack, he just rockets forward with his jet engine and occasionally sparks.  

The final piece of the puzzle comes in the lyrics of the Metallic Madness Bad Future theme (JP).  "You can't win, so don't even try,"  "Don't do what Sonic does,"  At this point, if you're in the Bad Future of Metallic Madness, you're not going to get the good ending.  "Don't do what Sonic does," as in "you've failed and will have to try again." But the final lyric of the song is, "Sonic, dead or alive, is MINE." 

Metal Sonic isn't just some shoddy robot built by Robotnik, he was the result of what happens if you fail.  Robotnik wins, devastates the Tiny Planet and enslaves Sonic.

And Our Destroyer.

#14 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,571 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

...that's like the best video game conspiracy ever.

#15 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:22 AM

It's really weird how that whole concept was never brought to its conclusion. From Sonic 1, Robotnik steals magical items and turns animals into robots. Sonic is an animal. Whoops, now that we have dialogue, he doesn't do that anymore! He keeps powering his facilities with relics, but he's the Joker or something.

#16 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

SEGA just doesn't know what the hell to do with any of it.  I can't take the villain seriously when the sidekick is smarter than he is.  Batman doesn't lose to the Joker (ok, maybe a couple times), but the Joker accomplishes things.  The Joker's already set fire to a a building by the time Batman intervenes.  Robotnik as he is now is just a complete waste.

And Our Destroyer.

#17 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

Robotnik should have just been a villain instead of the villain in the game series, since SEGA didn't utilize him properly to the point where he became a joke. They could have had other big bads akin to Naugus with their own motives for Sonic and friends to stop. Instead we have Robotnik and his shtick completely played out to the point where he's basically the Team Rocket of the series now.

He could have been used as a semi frequent villain instead of it always having to be him in every game. They should have just worked on creating a good variety of baddies for Sonic to face. Hell the Joker is recognized as Batman's number one villain, but he's not always the antagonist in each story arc nor does he need to be.

#18 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

Robotnik should have just been a villain instead of the villain in the game series, since SEGA didn't utilize him properly to the point where he became a joke. They could have had other big bads akin to Naugus with their own motives for Sonic and friends to stop. Instead we have Robotnik and his shtick completely played out to the point where he's basically the Team Rocket of the series now.

He could have been used as a semi frequent villain instead of it always having to be him in every game. They should have just worked on creating a good variety of baddies for Sonic to face. Hell the Joker is recognized as Batman's number one villain, but he's not always the antagonist in each story arc nor does he need to be.

I guess it's a case of "monkey see, monkey do" since Nintendo seems to have the same problem with their franchises.

#19 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

Unfortunately yeah. Damn Mario and Bowser :(

#20 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:49 AM

It seems SEGA tried to go a bit through that way with Sonic 2006 (Mephiles not being a mindless god of destruction), but we all know what happened. Robotnik/Eggman not being a buffoon would trigger the cries and the lamentations of the True Sonic Custodians™ that Iizuka listens to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users