Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (29 May 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Yo Lito

@  furrykef : (25 May 2020 - 09:38 AM)

I can handle it, but why do you want to delete your account?

@  Lito290 : (24 May 2020 - 09:02 PM)

How does one request the deletion of their account?

@  VHS : (21 May 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I gotta join that then

@  Shadow : (14 May 2020 - 01:17 PM)

Sure is. A lot more lively than here.

@  VHS : (02 May 2020 - 08:31 AM)

Oh shoot there's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 06:58 PM)

It's a disagreement between two people...n judging what goes on in there sometimes that's a very apt description xD

@  John Roberts : (25 April 2020 - 05:34 PM)

What's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 04:15 PM)

Activity is spread across forum, discord 'n the site chat room. There's life, it's just hiding under different rocks :D

@  RedAuthar : (25 April 2020 - 04:13 PM)

It's still slow. We ain't dead. Just close

@  VHS : (23 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Wait, I thought this place wasn't dead, it seemed active

@  VHS : (23 April 2020 - 11:20 AM)

I LIVE

@  wildfire : (22 April 2020 - 10:57 AM)

Ya know John, I wouldn't be surprised if it was me. At least I'm a bit more active these days

@  chief : (20 April 2020 - 05:24 PM)

Discod stays going pretty good

@  Nex : (20 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Is the Discord busy? Still trying t figure out where most of you monkeys hang out.

@  MauEvig : (19 April 2020 - 07:58 PM)

Well, I'll be chilling on the Discord. :)

@  John Roberts : (19 April 2020 - 12:32 PM)

It's just you, Wildfire. You're killing us mate!

@  wildfire : (19 April 2020 - 09:01 AM)

To be fair, there are more rapid forms of communication these days. The Discord server sees a far bit of attention. I remember the IRC too, but that's dead last I looked

@  MauEvig : (18 April 2020 - 08:10 PM)

A shame. And here I'm finally getting back into the spirit of everything Sonic. Well maybe we just need to liven things up. :)

@  furrykef : (18 April 2020 - 06:38 PM)

The forum's pretty dead at the best of times, really.

Photo

Tails' Absence In Sonic Underground

Tails Sonic Underground

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:50 AM

I'm sure I wasn't the only kid and Sonic fan who was confused that Tails didn't appear in Sonic Underground, not even as a small minor character. By the time when Knuckles made his debut in a Sonic animated series. I thought Tails would appear sometime later in that show but it didn't happen. What did you think back when and What do you think now?

"You're watching a poster!"

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,624 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

Likely the choice was done outta the inclusion of Sonic's siblings.  If Sonic already had a brother, it would be awkward for him to treat Tails as his little brother.  

It could have also been that the game was influenced by Sonic and Knuckles which has no Tails. 

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

Tails might not've been featured in the show, but he still could've excited within the series' universe.

Sonic mentions having friends in the resistance before he reunited with his siblings. Since King Acorn (or rather a statue of him) and a place resembling Knothole Village are both clearly shown to exist, it's possible that Sally and the rest of the FF gang were also present. We just never got to see them.

Likewise, Robotnik mentions having underlings (Sub-Bosses?) stationed in different districts across the globe. This might explain Snively's absence in the show.

#4 MauEvig

MauEvig

Feline Warrior Guardian

• Fellow FUSer
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:35 AM

I always was disappointed that Tails wasn't in Sonic Underground, but I think you all could be right that Tails does exist off screen somewhere. Sonic could have found his siblings later on and decided to go underground with them to catch up and fight to finally free the world of Robotnik's control.

But then there's the whole, Sonic's royalty thing. But isn't Sally royalty? So if they both exist in the same universe, wouldn't there be a conflict of interest as far as Kingdoms go?
Unless...the great war was between Sonic's Kingdom and the Kingdom of Acorn. Sonic and Sally were betrothed by Queen Aleena and King Acorn to make peace between the two Kingdoms. The only canon that implies the great war was between Mobians and Overlanders was in the comics. That's definitely a possibility, and would make for an interesting crossover. 

But Underground's Robotnik seems milder than SatAM's. At the very least, Underground's Robotnik would spare aristocratic elites from Robotization as long as they did what they were told, but SatAM's wouldn't spare anyone. He wasn't satisfied if he didn't have completely control over someone's free will. 

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,624 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:27 PM

I've always believed Underground was meant to be a sequel originally but became it's own thing in development. That's why there's a prophecy about Robotnik, statues of the Acorn family but no family members, why Robotnik looks almost the exact same, so on so on.

I believe Sonic in Underground was supposed to be Sonic Junior, and the Queen would have originally been Sally. The lack of the other familiar faces is they were reworked, but would have been supporting cast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tails, Sonic Underground

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users