Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RedG : (09 September 2021 - 02:40 PM)

yo yo

@  Shadow : (08 September 2021 - 10:16 PM)

Greetings, visitor

@  DMoney : (08 September 2021 - 02:08 PM)

hey whattup everybody!

@  furrykef : (03 September 2021 - 07:07 AM)

*pokes the shoutbox*

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 05:12 PM)

Sonic Prime seems like an interesting opportunity with that purported multiverse angle.

@  Shadow : (12 May 2021 - 05:04 PM)

Barely. Holding out for the big update.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 05:00 PM)

It's good to see the place still kicking.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 04:59 PM)

How have you been?

I've been floating around here and there.

I think it's been about a decade at this point, right?

@  furrykef : (12 May 2021 - 04:44 PM)

I haven't seen you in ages, man! Where ya been?

@  Shadow : (12 May 2021 - 04:44 PM)

Hey, if it isn't Lord Exor. Long time no see.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 04:32 PM)

Hi.

@  furrykef : (08 May 2021 - 01:50 AM)

The Sea3on Discord: https://discord.gg/qQrqAvG

@  FreezyTailrazor : (07 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

What's this about a discord?

@  FreezyTailrazor : (07 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

Long time no see.

@  Ishapar : (29 April 2021 - 10:20 AM)

I will check things out once in awhile, but right now I am mostly trying to work on getting back on my own two feet after struggling for a near decade.

@  Shadow : (20 April 2021 - 11:59 PM)

I lurk but am mainly on the discord server

@  Altair the D... : (20 April 2021 - 08:44 AM)

I think that describes most of us, eh? ;)

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 April 2021 - 05:46 AM)

Physically, yes. Mentally...that's debatable...

Photo

Heads Or Tails

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

Ya I know this was going to be a episode review section but I changed it to a commentary section. This video was our first so it has its issues. One example is how my mic was way too loud. However that should be fixed for next weeks issue.
Also we did this one without really any planning. So consider this our pilot episode as well.

We will be doing a new episode next Friday. If you would like to be a guest commentator, or recommend a episode for us to do post in here.

#2 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

Nice commentary, guys. Yeah, I along with the Antone shorts, I never really cared for this one, mainly because of how different it felt compared to the rest of the series. I consider it the missing link between Adventures and SatAM.

I haven't seen the show in a while, I just remember that Sonic Boom is next, if you do this in order. Hope to see the next one live.

Posted Image

#3 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yeah Sonic Boom is next. From what people are saying in 1000 Pages Or Bust and here.. Might as well just keep going in order. Also if we make any mistakes please feel free to correct us, thats what the forums are for. For example we said something about Chuck not actually appearing in Season 1. Apparently he does. Well, so Radio says.

Its been a long time since either myself or Lee have watched the show.

#4 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, Chuck shows up for one episode in the first season, then he makes more appearances in season two. It's been a while since I've seen the show as well... Which I really need to do for my fan comic so I don't make stupid mistakes.

Posted Image

#5 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

Actually, i kindof considered the pilot to be the missing link between AOSTH and SatAM. Its like they at first tried to make this more like aosth...with things like cluck, the slide, rotor, and other stuff. Then someone brilliant decided they already had that, why not do something cooler?!? Anyway, i'm soooooo glad we only had one episode of that!
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

I think everyone can agree that the pilot just wasn't good. I mean sure it was the pilot but..It was horrible. Also ya, as we talked about it had links to Adventures, and the games in general. The whole Buzz Bombers thing mostly. I still don't quite understand the pink Sally but.. eh.

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:22 AM

Have you seen the Pilot for StarTrek? It uses tons of facts objects and characters that didn't make it into the series.
Same thing happened with Sally and the Buzz-bombers, aspects that were considered when creating, but not continued upon.

I think Pink Sally was created to go with Blue Sonic. Doesn't it seem odd that he is the only unaturally colored Mobian?

#8 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:41 AM

good point with the pink sally/blue sonic thing...I'd never thought of that. There's one problem with pink sally though...she's ugly.
Spoiler

#9 DMoney

DMoney

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

Guys you are forgetting the point of a pilot episode. Yea it was bad but they were just trying a few things to see if it worked. Obviously a pink Sally does not work, so they elected to make her brown furred red hair blue eyes and she looked much better. The setting was still partially slap stick, but they toned down the setting to make it more dark and dramatic. The swatbots were given a darker color. They had Robonik come up with better schemes than Buzz Bombers, and FFs had better artillery than water baloons. Nicole was upgraded to a portable computer for Sally.
I think the pilot was important because it did give us the setting and storyline of the show. It introduced all the characters: Sonic, Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, Rotor, Tails, Robotnik, and Snively. It shows right from the start that Robotnik is the dictator and everybody has to live in hiding from him. It told us about Uncle Chuck, and what happened to him and everybody else on the planet. It shows us the dangers of Robotropolis, and why they gotta be careful when they go there. It introduced us to power rings, how they come from the pond and give Sonic his temperary boost. And they told us right from the start that Tails was very young so dont expect much action from him right away. I think the pilot, though it was bad, it still got us right into the show when we were kids (most of us). It was one of those episodes that the series needed, so they knew what to improve on.

#10 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (DMoney @ Nov 1 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys you are forgetting the point of a pilot episode. Yea it was bad but they were just trying a few things to see if it worked. Obviously a pink Sally does not work, so they elected to make her brown furred red hair blue eyes and she looked much better. The setting was still partially slap stick, but they toned down the setting to make it more dark and dramatic. The swatbots were given a darker color. They had Robonik come up with better schemes than Buzz Bombers, and FFs had better artillery than water baloons. Nicole was upgraded to a portable computer for Sally.
I think the pilot was important because it did give us the setting and storyline of the show. It introduced all the characters: Sonic, Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, Rotor, Tails, Robotnik, and Snively. It shows right from the start that Robotnik is the dictator and everybody has to live in hiding from him. It told us about Uncle Chuck, and what happened to him and everybody else on the planet. It shows us the dangers of Robotropolis, and why they gotta be careful when they go there. It introduced us to power rings, how they come from the pond and give Sonic his temperary boost. And they told us right from the start that Tails was very young so dont expect much action from him right away. I think the pilot, though it was bad, it still got us right into the show when we were kids (most of us). It was one of those episodes that the series needed, so they knew what to improve on.

You make some great points.

And if I'm right, I've heard that Archie tried to make the pink Sally cannon, saying that during a mission, she accidentally fell into some chemicals that turned her pink for a period... Yeah, I'd rather just pretend it never happened.

Posted Image

#11 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Basing Sally of the Pilot, Archie changed their Blond/Brown Sally to a DarkHaired/Pink Sally. They later matched her to the Sally we know today.

In the comics they excused themselves by saying she had fallen into some chemicals that changed her colors.

#12 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

I know it was just the pilot...but it's still fun to talk about the points that didn't work. I think we can all agree that without the pilot the show would've never turned out as it was.

Spoiler

#13 DMoney

DMoney

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Bakuda @ Nov 1 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it was just the pilot...but it's still fun to talk about the points that didn't work. I think we can all agree that without the pilot the show would've never turned out as it was.

Yup thats all I was saying!

#14 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

Oh I know it was the pilot too. It was just a bad episode. But, that is expected of a pilot. Toss in a whole heap of stuff and see what comes out better.

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

Luckily it still sold the series.

#16 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Yeahh.. But as we also stated in the commentary the Pilot was shown as the last episode or so of Season 1. It was just sorta a "eh lets toss this out too" thing.

#17 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 2 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeahh.. But as we also stated in the commentary the Pilot was shown as the last episode or so of Season 1. It was just sorta a "eh lets toss this out too" thing.

I also thought that was weird. Why throw that in after establishing the show? It's a major shock to the system.
Spoiler

#18 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:12 AM

Possibly to fill time. Like a filler or replacement to a cancled episode.

#19 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,046 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Crappy? The pilot is my second favourite episode! 1132.png.gif

Great to see this section got up and running while I was away. Good work fellas. smile.gif

9:06

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

Everyone is titled to their own opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users