Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Duck Dynasty

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Duck Dynasty

Your opinion on Phil Robertson's hiatus?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Imagine for the sake of example if Phil weren't talking about two men and instead was talking about a black man and a white woman. I think rather more people would be upset, and yet, it's still a pretty common sentiment among rednecks. They just don't say it out loud anymore. I'm not saying all rednecks are like that, of course, but that such beliefs are more common among rednecks. But suddenly "Us country folk have some beliefs that are going to be hard on the sensibilities of the weaker-minded city folk" looks like an indefensible argument.

You don't make money by shooting yourself in the foot.

That would have been excellent advice to Phil Robertson.

But seriously, sponsors don't want to associate themselves with people like that. You say A&E's ratings might go into the toilet, but see, if nobody's willing to sponsor their shows for enough money, it doesn't matter what their ratings are. If I understand correctly, that's what happened to Glenn Beck: his ratings were fine, but the show wasn't making any money because nobody in their right mind would sponsor him anymore.

I think sponsors are silly for thinking people actually care what show they saw their commercial on, but, for whatever reason, they do.

Yes it does, especially in the bigger picture and political climate. He said this on a non-sequitor interview, not on A&E itself. Now it looks like A&E is just trying to squash him and what he stands for (even though they allow what I have already mentioned). They, among other groups, don't want this specific opinion of his to be popularized and that fits this bill perfectly.

But it's always like that. Let's imagine a hypothetical universe where Mr. Rogers wasn't in fact the almost insufferably squeaky clean person he actually was, and he was frequently seen in public doing things like smoking and going to strip clubs. He'd probably be fired, even though he didn't do anything illegal.

#22 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

The debate will rage on.

I agree, maybe not as harshly, but I agree with Vlad. If A&E didn't want a Redneck/religious man giving his opinions bluntly, then they shouldn't have hired a redneck/religious man. I mean the whole of A&E there wasn't a single clue that this might happen?

On a less-ish note, hating on Mr. Rogers for being "good" is, in my opinion, even more wrong headed than liking someone because they're scummy. Of course this is coming from the person who on principle doesn't even use "darkside" choices in viedogames. 

Posted Image

#23 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

I did say "almost insufferably". ;) I don't actually have any beef with Mr. Rogers.

#24 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

At the end of the day Redneck is an arbitrary and subjective term, white is an arbitrary and subjective term, and black is an arbitrary and subjective term.  In the end people are people. This analogy is watery, and insubstantial. This is an apple (race)...that is an orangutan (sodomy).  As for me, I really don't see where Vlad is going with that nigh elitist argument, he sounds just as bad as you there. It's argumentum ad homenum (in the positive sense rather than the negative). I don't see what race has to do with this issue, Kef, and your hypotheticals are tangential at best... Now put down the label-maker and take  some adorol before we continue.... xD

If you must know...Willy Robertson, his son, has adopted children of different ethnic backgrounds, which are intermingled with his "white" family, so your blanket generalization seems more obscurantist the deeper you look into such things. And, as a professing Christian more than a "redneck", a word he uses in jest, Phil sticks strong to believing that we are, as Acts 17:26 says: "...made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth." He just finds that one sticking their erect penis (which absorbs fecal bacteria and various contaminants easily through the spongy, blood-vessel filled, foreskin) into the vulnerable, easily torn, and fecal covered anal tissue to be self-destructive and unfulfilling; in fact it is horribly intrusive and masochistic at best. I for one agree with him for various pained personal reasons, I'm watching a lot of people I care about wither away in a bitter lifestyle that leeches away their vitality and envelops them in a shame based existence; the psychology and physiological aspects and implications are hidden behind the saccharine colors of  a rainbow, touted by a biologically deterministic and obscurating ethically imperialistic lobby and worldview (I would rather support a group like Exodus International, founded by a married ex-lesbian and ex-homosexual man,  who fights the dehumanization and persecution of homosexuals in places like Zimbabwe yet helps deliver them from the lifestyle if they so choose to be – and a vast majority actually do, just asked the repressed Ex-homosexual lobbies and activists like Christine Seringer). There is a great paper on the effects of such that pools in some great resources from proctologists, admissions against interest from the aforementioned lobby itself, and a gruesome journal  of a medical doctor from Sans Francisco   (http://www.equip.org...lthy-lifestyle/) and then we have activists like Medical Doctor Tommy Mitchel who decry such for the sake of people's health. This is a matter of moral, and thereby, physical hygiene not of being a "race" or a "people group." And Phil's individual insights are being repressed under that false pretense.

"People like that?" Hmm...you’re digging that hole very, very deep, Kef. Besides you couldn't be more wrong. Sponsors like money first and foremost (that is why they sponsor shows on A&E like Growing up Gotti ; and then we got shows like The Jersey Shore, and pedobait like those creepy Honey Boo-boo shows); if it's popular, oh, they'll give air time to it. They haven’t cared before, they haven’t cared at all...but when a man quotes the book of Corinthians (1 Corinthians 6:9 to be exact) – oh no, then says the Bidens of the world, this is such a big [immature explicative] deal! Look, pal, corporations have been whoring themselves out for smut-shows for quite some time until this brainless decision. If anything, this should reflect on our society as whole, especially the aspects of conceptual consumerism. A&E, itself, has caught a lot of flak, and lost its highest grossing show. I wouldn’t be surprised if they either kow-tow, or fade into a lackluster obscurity after this.  They turned their backs on their watchers for foul reasonings they despise, and they are being chewed out for it.

No, that boot is wrapped in steel toe, boy.  Phil is fine (or should I say happy, happy, happy), he has Duck Commander; you know a multi-million dollar business and is happily retired with his wife, a legacy, and a family. He came from ashes and alcoholism and marital separation to life he has today (he writes about it in his biography).  And if you actually knew anything about the issue at hand you would know of, as for one example, the recent Cracker Barrel boycott after they did exactly what you were mentioning and then got summarily gut-punched by their consumer-base for it. The merchandise is selling like hotcakes, and Duck Commander was wise to leave A&E away from the bigger slice of the merchandising made and sent from their own factory. People support the show, because the majority of Americans are tired of the failed promises and deceptions of “leftist” and “progressive” worldview… Duck Dynasty, though simple and silly at times, represents many of their ethical insights and points of view – there is always faith and family and facial hair, and people love it. Moreover, they won’t back down to like you’re  dreamed up big “bully” majority, in fact the majority of American’s share Phil’s worldview, not it’s foul shadow (not to say that worlview is perfect, but it's certainly more grounded and less agressive and subversive.)

I love Mr. Rodgers.. a Presybterian minister who loved everyone in Christian manner (just like Phil, who said he 'Would never hate anyone because of their beliefs.') But he did have them, and he got judge by "scummy" (What a wonderful word Magenta) scrooges for them, yet he made a great difference various lives

...so what have you done?

@ Magenta: I am the same way...I play MGS without killing anybody on European Extreme. I like when a game gives me the options to save life and be a paragon of virture and reason rather than some slobbering space marine...

#25 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I use "Redneck" because both vlad and Phil identify with the word themselves. I could probably use a better term but since that was the one presented I didn't think to hard on finding one. 

I still stand by my statement that it's odd that A&E would see Phil and not think thee would be a chance he would stick to his values and say something that was not "Politically Correct" (Which I'm about 50/50 on whether or not Politically Correct is even a good thing.) Even If I don't generalize the type of man he is. I accept that the personalities they show on the show are actually parodies of their true selves for entertainment value... but even so, Phil potrays himself as the kind of man who will let you do what ever you feel is right but he'll tell you when he thinks it's wrong too. And that is honestly a character trait I respect. 

And I know men who for better or worse are like that. They tend to be more "country" or "cowboy" than generic american which is again why I stuck with redneck... but if you think the term is offensive I mean it as a person who grew up in a more country cowboy rural setting.

Posted Image

#26 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I use "Redneck" because both vlad and Phil identify with the word themselves. I could probably use a better term but since that was the one presented I didn't think to hard on finding one. 

I still stand by my statement that it's odd that A&E would see Phil and not think thee would be a chance he would stick to his values and say something that was not "Politically Correct" (Which I'm about 50/50 on whether or not Politically Correct is even a good thing.) Even If I don't generalize the type of man he is. I accept that the personalities they show on the show are actually parodies of their true selves for entertainment value... but even so, Phil potrays himself as the kind of man who will let you do what ever you feel is right but he'll tell you when he thinks it's wrong too. And that is honestly a character trait I respect. 

And I know men who for better or worse are like that. They tend to be more "country" or "cowboy" than generic american which is again why I stuck with redneck... but if you think the term is offensive I mean it as a person who grew up in a more country cowboy rural setting.

It's the use of this term like it's gosple in such a deep debate is what unerves me. When we start drawing such lines in the sand...things get dangerous. In the end we are all people behind the flags, and we all have flaws and positive features. Yet labeling people instead dealing with the actions of said people in this paticular context can come off as prejudice and can be rather....counter-productive.

#27 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

It's the use of this term like it's gosple in such a deep debate is what unerves me. When we start drawing such lines in the sand...things get dangerous. In the end we are all people behind the flags, and we all have flaws and positive features. Yet labeling people instead dealing with the actions of said people in this paticular context can come off as prejudice and can be rather....counter-productive.

Then I apologize for using the term.

Again since Phil identifies with it himself I didn't think I was labeling him. I'll be more careful.

Posted Image

#28 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Then I apologize for using the term.

Again since Phil identifies with it himself I didn't think I was labeling him. I'll be more careful.

You're okay. It's some others I'm concerned with.

To cheer you all up if this gets to tense.

Except I find 36 to be hilariously ironic afterwards...how... well, just-so.

#29 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Now to respond to a couple of things I skipped over earlier:

Pet cause? My, my, someone is being a bit testy (And pusillanimously euphemistic)... If you want to make personal attacks on all these above people’s 'pet-cuases' (their worldviews), Kef, grow a pair and say it out right…

I don't see how I'm being "pusillanimously euphemistic" or making personal attacks on anyone or their worldviews. (Also, attacking someone's views is by definition not a personal attack.)

Broadly, I say it’s this ethical and ideological censorship and the media fuss it creates that is distracting us from more important issues.

And I say your "wars in the Middle East" line is distracting us from this issue. A war in the Middle East isn't something we can do much about. But how we treat gay people at home is.

Moreover, it is erroding our freedoms and unity as a country.

There never has been freedom of speech on TV. Try championing gay rights on TV in the 1950s (or probably even the 1980s) and see where you get. Even if you're not doing it on screen, networks probably wouldn't want to have much to do with you.

When I look back though, seeing your assinine 'giving-in-to-the-bully' remark about healthcare

What was asinine (note one "s") about it?

and then even earlier your post ergo propter hoc argumentation about thermodynamics and photosynthesis pertaining to the hypothesis abiogenisis,

I don't remember making any argument that could remotely be construed as a "post hoc ergo propter hoc" argument.

I feel you have little ethos in such matters of argumentation

That's a pretty serious charge.

like Maer you are very... pathological.

Ouch. Now who's making personal attacks?

Please, for your own sake, start entertaining arguments and trying to understand where they are coming from, instead of insulting them (like you do Vlad)

I make fun of Vlad because he's not interested in using his brain. He doesn't want an intellectual debate with well reasoned arguments on both sides like you and I do. He wants to shout until the other side is drowned out.

I wouldn't have the attitude toward him that I have if he didn't have a very long history of this.

and correcting people like know more than them (which you do all the time)…

I correct people because they're wrong. If you don't want a correction, don't be wrong. Simple as that. If I am in fact the one who's wrong, by all means, correct me in turn.

I gave you the chance once to discuss an issue at length, in private, and via syntopical reading, but you were too "tired" (as if you couldn't somehow - I odn't know - rest between posts)...

It was more that I didn't want to expend the energy every time it was my turn. Debating with you is, well, exhausting. Yes, it's partly because you make some points I cannot easily respond to, which I suppose is a good thing, but it's also because your posts tend to be very long. (I admit I can be guilty of the same thing from time to time.) I just don't really want to spend all my free time tied up in a debate that will probably ultimately prove fruitless is all.

#30 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Imagine for the sake of example if Phil weren't talking about two men and instead was talking about a black man and a white woman. I think rather more people would be upset, and yet, it's still a pretty common sentiment among rednecks. They just don't say it out loud anymore. I'm not saying all rednecks are like that, of course, but that such beliefs are more common among rednecks. But suddenly "Us country folk have some beliefs that are going to be hard on the sensibilities of the weaker-minded city folk" looks like an indefensible argument.

My mom can't stand the idea of blacks/white couples. That's not so much a redneck thing, though, as it is a generational thing. Old people WILL HAVE OPINIONS THAT ARE HARD ON THE SENSIBILITIES OF YOUNGER FOLK. Not everyone is PC. Not everyone wants to be PC. The PC movement is an assault on people's rights. I may not like you, but I'll shoot a Word Nazi in the head for your right to be an asshole. :evo:

As for me, I really don't see where Vlad is going with that nigh elitist argument, he sounds just as bad as you there. It's argumentum ad homenum (in the positive sense rather than the negative).

And I don't really understand what it is that you don't understand. This kind of miscommunication is why there tends to be a rift between lower and upper classes. Tell you what... You break down what you said into good ol' fashion American English and I'll see if I can more properly explain what it is that you don't understand... And if you can properly break it down further into Southern American English, I'll give you a handful of honest bonus points in the next RPG of mine you participate in. :evo:

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#31 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

My mom can't stand the idea of blacks/white couples. That's not so much a redneck thing, though, as it is a generational thing. Old people WILL HAVE OPINIONS THAT ARE HARD ON THE SENSIBILITIES OF YOUNGER FOLK. Not everyone is PC. Not everyone wants to be PC. The PC movement is an assault on people's rights. I may not like you, but I'll shoot a Word Nazi in the head for your right to be an asshole. :evo:

As for me, I really don't see where Vlad is going with that nigh elitist argument, he sounds just as bad as you there. It's argumentum ad homenum (in the positive sense rather than the negative).

And I don't really understand what it is that you don't understand. This kind of miscommunication is why there tends to be a rift between lower and upper classes. Tell you what... You break down what you said into good ol' fashion American English and I'll see if I can more properly explain what it is that you don't understand... And if you can properly break it down further into Southern American English, I'll give you a handful of honest bonus points in the next RPG of mine you participate in. :evo:

I appreciate your kindness.

I will in time...in time...I'm just giving everyone the chance to cool down and enjoy the holidays without extra uneeded strife. Christmas was on the horizon and I didn't want to sour either you or Kef's holiday-season just then with a battle of wits and words, nor did I wish to exhuast anyone further (a frazzled and overwealmed man is hard to reason with). I have my responces ready, clad tight in a holster. But in this time where we should be celebrating peace on Earth and good will towards men, I decided to be the first bury my pistol before I took the potshot and spent my time enjoying my friends and family for Christmas Night...I hope you all did as well. We will continue this talk shortly, it's too important too ignore. In the mean time, let's reflect on what has been said.

And if you wish to make this private, Kef...I am still open to it. As for your "ouch" that was to prove a point. It doesn’t feel good does it? It’s what you do to others when you make fun of them, instead of leveling with them, trying to understand them… For one your approach is all wrong, and I’m sorry, but I thought this was the best way to show you that. My rebuke needed to sting, the same way a medicine’s needle does to get passed the skin. And as for the "assinine" Ha, well, to be truthful I was editing this before I sent this out, and I noticed my typo and just thought…you know, I should just keep this to prove then make an eventual point...and you took the bait.

P.S: Don't tell your mom Moses's wife, a midianite, was as black as coal dust (being from what is know :P modern Ethiopia)...she'll have a heart attack. xD

#32 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

I didn't want to sour either you or Kef's holiday-season just then with a battle of wits and words

Christmas is nearly meaningless to me, so in my case at least you don't need to worry about that.

And if you wish to make this private, Kef...I am still open to it. As for your "ouch" that was to prove a point. It doesn’t feel good does it? It’s what you do to others when you make fun of them, instead of leveling with them, trying to understand them…

Why should I be interested in understanding Vlad when he isn't the slightest bit interested in understanding me, or indeed anyone? There's no productive way to argue with him. So I choose to vent a bit instead. I try not to be too mean, though.

And as for the "assinine" Ha, well, to be truthful I was editing this before I sent this out, and I noticed my typo and just thought…you know, I should just keep this to prove then make an eventual point...and you took the bait.

And what point does that prove? If you think I make corrections other than in the hope that people will learn from them and not repeat their mistakes, you are reading something into it that isn't there. And believe me, if I really wanted to lay into spelling, grammar, and usage mistakes, I could probably go over every one of your posts with a red pen. But I don't. What would be the point?

Though I do feel compelled to provide at least one correction here, if only because the matter is likely to come up again. An "ad hominem" (not "ad homenum") argument is as follows: "You have no standing to make this argument; therefore, your argument is invalid." So, for example, despite popular belief, "you're an idiot" is actually not an ad hominem. "You are wrong because you're an idiot", however, would be -- an idiot can perfectly well be right, possibly even for the right reason.

(I stress that this is an example and I'm not meaning to imply anybody here is an idiot. Not even Vlad. I'll give him a break just this once. ;))

#33 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

By the way, as for the notion of "curing" gay people... you can convince anyone they have a disease if you say it enough times and are in a position of authority. It's like the old story about a perfectly sane guy who for one reason or another gets locked up in an insane asylum. None of the workers believe he's sane. After all, if he were sane, he wouldn't be there, right? And so he gets told over and over that he's insane until he actually believes it.

Whenever this topic comes up, I think of stories like this. Not only is it a tragic story, it makes me wonder how many other cases of so-called "ex-homosexuals" are either exaggerations of the truth or outright fabrications.

#34 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Something I should point out: Don't intend for me to get anything out of posted images or videos, because I can't see them. I have them blocked so that FUS will load faster for me. I have an exceptionally slow dialup connection (currently, the max speed is 12 kbs, with 9 being a more normal attainable speed), and I honsetly don't feel that any images or videos are worth waiting an hour or more for a single topic page to load. Videos tend to make this much longer.

#35 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

And just to clarify what I meant when I said "rednecks": The term "Redneck" has 2 distinctly accepted origins: The first is the the older one, where it was used to refer to farmers, craftsmen, and laborers of all types, who worked out in the sun and got their necks sunburned. Hence, they had red necks (and most people in those professions to date still get sunburned necks). The second is actually a documented example, set in Appalachia. It referred to the coal miners and others who wore red bandannas around their necks to show support for the establishment of a union. This version of the term was coined by a newspaper reporter. Neither of these origins is inherently bad, unless you're some kind of asshole who hates these kind of people. In modern usage it's a blanket term that replaces a variety of potentially offensive or non-inclusive classifications (Lower Class, Hick, Hillbilly, Rube, Cowboy, Backwoods, Blue Collar, Unsophisticated, Working Poor, Country Folk, [color] Trash), as well as a number of people with similar lifestyles (Farmers, ranchers, truckers, roughnecks, true and imitation cowboys, middle to rock bottom social classes who work hard/shitty jobs for shit pay, people who sing/write/enjoy/live Country music, and others raised with the values of these individuals, and those who identify with and support these people). "Redneck" is not an offensive term to us. It's a definition of who and what we really are. And we're proud of who we are, and the lives we lead. And if some politically correct asshole gets all butt-hurt over what we believe, do, and say, then it's because they're weak of mind enough to allow it to hurt them. If society were to collapse, we're the ones with the shortest distance to fall, and the fastest recovery speed. We're the people they'll come running to to save them from the marauders. We're the ones with the tools and skills to rebuild society from the ground up. We grow your food, deliver your goods, build your house, maintain your electrical grid, maintain your infrastructure, keep your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer, keep your vehicles running and come to your rescue when when they break down on the side of the road, and we do the jobs that Mexican immigrants would rather go back home than do. We are not bound by race or nationality. The world runs on our blood, sweat, and tears. Our lives and hopes and dreams are ground away so that the non-rednecks can live their cushy lives and have their hopes and dreams and not have to live like we do... Our values tend to be more old-school and hardcore. And if that bothers you, tough shit. Go grow a thicker skin and quit being so hypocritical with your "we have to accept everyone for who/what they are" PC bullshit that our we and/or our kin are out there fighting and dying to protect your right to have. We typically wish the term "Redneck" could be as all-inclusive as Jeff Foxworthy's would like you to believe, but the truth is that not everyone has what it takes to be one of us... Some people are just better off staying within the higher social classes, where they can function properly. Bring them down to our level and it breaks them... So, don't go telling me not to use the term "Redneck", unless you damned well have a better blanket term for us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users