Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Monty Oum, Creator Of Rwby, Has Passed Away

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

Monty passed away after being in a coma after a severe allergic reaction during a medical procedure. He was 33.

This comes 2 days after Bernie announced Monty's hospitalization. The RT community donated 150,000 in 24 hours to help the costs of bills, which will now help offset the cost for his funeral.

This is a sad day for RoosterTeeth fans

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#2 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

He was an inspiration and a gifted artist. The world is a lesser place without him.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#3 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

I met him last year at PAX East at the RT Booth. He was such a cool guy

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#4 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

What the hell?!

Thanks 2015!

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

GameGrumps Ross and Arin made a post about him.

Ross: http://rubberninja.t...february-1-2015

Arin: http://egofaptor.tum...935479534/monty

#6 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

My condolences to his family and all the fans who loved him. I'm not a big follower of Rooster Teeth, but I know they make quality entertainment. May his legacy live on.

------jNz0y5.jpg<-(Retired)
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#7 Koreth

Koreth

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Well, that's depressing.

#8 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

Question is what's gonna happen to the RWBY series?  Are they going to continue it or give up on it?  I would love for them to continue it since I started watching it, i began loving the series.  It sucks that the creator passed away I'm a huge fan of Rooster Teeth and reading what happened sucks

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

Question is what's gonna happen to the RWBY series?  Are they going to continue it or give up on it?  I would love for them to continue it since I started watching it, i began loving the series.  It sucks that the creator passed away I'm a huge fan of Rooster Teeth and reading what happened sucks

From what I have heard is that development for Season 3 was well under way and my guess is that they will do season 3 as a tribute to Monty and end it at the end of the 3rd season

#10 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

From what I have heard is that development for Season 3 was well under way and my guess is that they will do season 3 as a tribute to Monty and end it at the end of the 3rd season

I'm not sure how well that would work. The script for season 3 was doubtless finished months ago; given that, from what I understand, there were meant to be many more seasons, it's highly unlikely that season 3 ends with a satisfying resolution in which little to no major plot threads are left unresolved. It is of course possible that the ending could be rewritten into a series finale, but such changes would invariably feel abrupt and forced.

If the staff at Rooster Teeth feel that prematurely ending the series would be the most appropriate means of honoring Monty, I will of course respect their decision; I did not have the privilege of knowing the man and thus cannot guess what he would have wanted in these tragic circumstances. If, however, they do not feel that RWBY's cancellation is what Monty would have wanted, I feel it would be for the best if the series was continued indefinitely, with the original plan being followed as closely as is now possible. Such a course of action would both prevent the employees hired specifically for the series from losing their jobs and provide a means of continuing Monty's legacy for years to come. Admittedly, my perspective is rather biased, given that I enjoy the series and would of course prefer that it continue.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

Thing is, i dont think even the guys and girls of RoosterTeeth know what they are gonna do with this. Maybe we will know soon, if not during their panel at PAX East i'll ask.

#12 Koreth

Koreth

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

Whether or not the series being continued or finished is something Monty would have wanted is somewhat seperate from how practical it would be to continue it. IMO, that's going to primarily depend on how much is known by the rest of the team of what Monty had planned and where he wanted the series to go, vs what Monty kept in his head or was making up as he went along.

Hopefully, there's enough of the former, well documented, than the latter. There's been far to many cool stories and other projects doomed to being left incomplete or never realizing their full potential because of the loss of those projects' key creators.

#13 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

I think they planned on a lot, i'm sure there are several outlines somewhere in the RT HQ. Probably on Monty's PC

#14 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

Last I heard they were finishing the current season, and would discuss doing more

#15 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

I watched RWBY for the first time since Monty's death...

My god, he made a very great series

#16 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

I have no clue what RWBY is, but I'm very sorry for the RoosterTeeth, it's fans', and his family's lost.

I will try to watch it soon.

image.jpg

#17 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

Its on Netflix

#18 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

And Cruchyroll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users