Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (19 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

If there's another one I'll try to get it

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 June 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Woah. I'd pay even more.

@  chief : (16 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

I just spent way too much money for paper with words written on it

https://www.ebay.com...ordt=true&rt=nc

@  Wulfsbane : (15 June 2019 - 06:12 PM)

As long as it wasnt GSW or Lebron...

@  Shadow : (13 June 2019 - 09:34 PM)

The Raptors won the NBA!

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2019 - 02:44 PM)

Uh... I like video games too, but this is too much

@  GamemasterAn... : (12 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

...and everyone is freaking out over that reveal. Dear Gaia...the reaction of the people at the Nintendo Center in NYC. People were actually HUGGING each other over that reveal!

@  Wulfsbane : (11 June 2019 - 07:46 PM)

Banjo-Kazooie is coming home, lads

@  Wulfsbane : (11 June 2019 - 07:17 AM)

The E3 Nintendo Direct starts in 45 minutes

@  chief : (10 June 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Oh we have controversial topic forum..Those have always existed. And I'm for that. Just keep personal user to user shit off the forums.

the Controversial topic thing would fall under "debate" now I guess. I had some good times in those forums with a few members.

@  chief : (10 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

Yeah....I saw that...Blew game 6

@  Wulfsbane : (09 June 2019 - 07:35 PM)

Hey chief, we got a Game 7 on Wednesday

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 June 2019 - 09:28 AM)

Not really pressed about it, so it's no biggie to me. I'm only here for the S3 comic at this point, and maybe continuing to post mine. It's just too dead around here, and people are either too lazy, too occupied, or too afraid to share opinions as if words from feedback or response are going to hop out of the screen and attack them or something.

I'm an old ass man.... :(

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 June 2019 - 09:19 AM)

They generally don't last long on forums where management isn't objective about running a forum. People generally don't have the restrain/discipline to not mod it. Someone's going to catch feelings, disregarding the thousand disclaimers on the front post of the section and still hit up the admins whining about the hurty things that mean man x said to them. And the admins will feel obliged to do something about it, when ignoring it is definitely an option.

Again, generally speaking, people want the good of things and not the bad or the drawbacks that come with it. It's why facebook and twitter have like buttons, but no dislike button. It's why youtube demonitizes wrongspeak. It's why forums ban people for private disputes between members despite the fact that there's every tool under the sun to stop a person from bothering them available to users. It's anti hate speech is considered a thing to uphold, when hate speech is free speech, no exceptions. It's why politics are a mess. For society, the message is clear, whine until you get your way, and the lowest common denominator being as loud as they are will set the precedent for everyone else despite able bodies. For all this acting like adults thing that society pushes, society at large doesn't expect anyone to actually BE one.

@  Shadow : (09 June 2019 - 07:56 AM)

Didn't we have a controversial/rant rave section of the forum at one point

@  chief : (08 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

Lets try to keep any personal issues out of the shoutbox. Or forums all together.

@  ShenFNWoo : (07 June 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Nothing much. Just wanted to make sure a certain person didn't get the wrong idea about how it is between us. I don't forget certain details, and things don't change no matter how much time passes unless they show some willingness to want to fix things.

@  furrykef : (07 June 2019 - 05:34 PM)

I have no idea what's going on here.

@  ShenFNWoo : (07 June 2019 - 09:58 AM)

This will be my first time (without accident) speaking to you directly, so I want to make this perfectly clear: I have a strict policy on how to deal with people who block others without sufficient reason (aka running away from a zero conflict situation). We do not talk, we do not exchange ideas, and you are invisible to me possibly forever, depending on you. Communications with you in particular will reopen at a future time equivalent to the amount of time in which you've had me blocked thus far. In the mean time, I'll add you to my foe list, and/or manually disregard everything you say to me. Cheers! ^_^

@  Wulfsbane : (07 June 2019 - 06:24 AM)

They're pretty rabid

Photo

Freedom Fighter Frequency: cast and crew call

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Because I just don’t want to see this die without at least giving it a fair go, and because Jim sucks (I’m not sure what that has to do with any of this, but he does!), I’m going to push forward with the Freedom Fighter Frequency; a SatAM radio-drama podcast thingy.

For those not in the know the F3 concept was brought to life in the last FUS forum and introduced as a possible project by Jim Doe (the guy that sucks). Unfortunately not much was progressed apart from a few interested volunteers that wanted to join and some ideas tossed around for story ideas. It did need someone that could take the reigns of it to really give it a helping hand to get going - and that’s what I’m doing now: Taking the reigns, or plugging in the steering wheel, or... you get the idea.

So to plagiarize much of Jim’s opening post on this project from the old board we’re looking for the following roles to be filled:

Showrunner - Two or three people that are in charge of the entire project. We need the committed type that will assign jobs, keep track of all deadlines given -and making sure they are met- and will also oversea all aspects including Voice directing and episode writing. Basically it’s a couple of Executive Producers insuring everything is finished on time and there are no issues that need to be resolved in any of the departments (writing, sound and voice directing). I myself will be taking this position. Would be nice to have more than just me though.

Head Writer(s) - Again would be nice to have more than one at this position. The person who plans the overarching plot of the whole series, hands out specific episode assignments to the other writers, and checks to generally make sure everything is going on track. This is a primary position, so please, only those who are willing to dedicate a great deal to the job should apply. Head Writers may also occasionally be called upon to write scripts for those stories that are heavily tied in to that overplot.

Writers - Or as I like to think of them as ‘The grunts’. These guys make it all happen. Create and structure the stories that will be told through the radio drama. The numbers needed for this role is undecided at this time, but it will require people who can write scripts, pitch ideas and generally just springboard plots in a group environment.

Editor(s) - Generally one person would be enough to fill this position, but hey, it never hurts to have a second pair of eyes going through the finished scripts and making sure spelling and punctuation is going smoothly.

Sound Director - The guy(or gal) that goes through each and every script and determines what sounds are to be needed for each scene. It will their job to assign detailed descriptions of required sounds to the sound crew. This does not include music.

Sound crew - The sound gatherers. We’ll need people that have a basic understanding and working knowledge of how to obtain that certain sound effect to bring life to a scene. Be it finding already creating samples on the net or recording your own that cannot be found.

Music Director - Similar job as the sound director, will need to organize the specified music scores needed for scenes (character moments and themes), intros and endings.

Music crew - The fine bunch of people that can write and create music. I rather important job as I see it. I would like music to play a big role in this project to really help convey emotion in the character’s situations. This is probably the least part of this project that I have knowledge on how in the hell it can be done. So I’ll be needed people way smarter than I to help develop how this is created.

Voice Director(s) - Basically the TV directors of an episode, people that can direct the voice actors in making sure the correct tone and overall scene is as was written. Making sure we get the most out of our voice actors, working with them to ensure that Sonic and Sally actually sound like they're talking to each other instead of just recording their voices and pressing play at the appropriate moments.

Definitely need more than one for this role.

Voice Actors - The heart and soul of the project, the people that bring the script and characters to life before our very ... err ears. Who is eligible? Anyone. Yes, anyone, as long as you have a decent working microphone and are good with using your voice, with some minimal knowledge on how to record (hints and helpful advice for newcomers will be posted later with the cast audition post).

I’m not expecting everyone out there to give exact copies of the original actors. In fact I am more interested in looking for people who could capture the “essence” of a character, so even if Sally doesn’t sound like Kathy Souce she still sounds like Sally might sound if cast differently.

The remaining roles are more of a maybe position if and when this project gets far enough to warrant them:

Website Management - We're not going to be doing this just for our own edification. We're gonna have a website, baby! And in order to do that, we're gonna have to have people to run said website. That means coding, updating, and general upkeep. If one of y'all already has webspace that we could use, that would also be super-cool, but not necessary. If just a couple of us tossed in five or ten bucks each, we could easily get decent space somewhere.

Graphics Designers - Sure, it's a radio play, but websites still need pictures, so we're going to need artists and graphics folks to make logos and banners and such.

Treasurer - Another one of those primary positions. Not because of the amount of work involved, but because of the amount of trust that will be put into this individual. See, though we certainly can't (or at least shouldn't) sell the radio plays for monetary gain, we can still accept donations to do things like the aforementioned buying of webspace and bandwidth for F3. Because hey, as big as these files are probably going to be, we'll need to pay for some decent space and bandwidth. So we'll need someone who's got a bank account and a PayPal account, and who we can trust to handle that money in a responsible fashion. For the trust reason, I would prefer all applicants to this position be a Master FUSer or above.

As for the story/continuity we’d be aiming for? It will be, of course, SatAM. Whether it be a 3rd season adaption (who knows it could be something of a sister project that goes along with sea3on comic, if it ever gets going again), a prequel, or, what I am really leaning towards, an in-between episode series that takes place during both seasons. Tell those extra character stories that were missing, actually do something with those damn scrolls from season 1!

In any event before the story can be developed we need you, fans of the show that want to help see something new breathed into our little favourite fandom of ours. So if you are interested in any role listed here please don’t hesitate to put your hand up. If you feel you can help in other ways not mentioned here then by all means speak your piece.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current F3 staff:
Showrunners:
John Roberts
Chief

Head Writers:
John Roberts
Rayzor

Writers:
John Roberts
Furrykef
Ratty
Jim Doe (The 'if' and 'when' list)

Editor:
Rayzor

Sound Directors:
John Roberts
Chief

Music Director:
John Roberts

Music staff:
Valerie Valens
Furrykef

Voice Directors:
John Roberts
Chief

Website Management:
Momiji-kun

(Fuck, I feel like such a Sonmanic plastering my name all over this, like I’m the bloody second coming or something. The plan is to not have me doing everything. For now though, until more staff are recruited, this is the list that will create the first stages of this project. It will be edited here as time goes on - I hope)

I should make a point to say that for the current people already on the staff, they are members that I either know and/or have seen their work. I know they can do the job they've be listed for. What I don't want to give off here is some sort of 'elitism' where only the known members of FUS can be apart of this. If you can write, or if you can create music, sounds, make good coffee please don't feel your expertise won't be happily accepted. All I do ask though is if you can provide a sample of what you are applying for. Thank you.

9:06

#2 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

I am in as the music crew.

76561197990969478.png

#3 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

As before, I'm here to fill in whatever gaps you end up with. I can do it all, but I probably can't do it as well as other people out there can.

#4 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

If this actually does manage to get off the ground, I would be willing to throw in a couple of scripts at some point.
Cheers!

#5 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

Oh you'll be throwing in a lot more than that, sunshine. So I could throw your name down as an 'if' and 'when' on the Writer's list?

Okay so I'm not really expecting to find people to fill all of these roles straight away so I'm thinking that to start off we need only a small few to write, voice direct, create sounds and music to get the first episode off the ground. If that means we end up doubling with certain jobs then so be it - I know myself I'll be able to handle everything except the music side of it if I have to, which, in the long run I really don't want to. I feel that if we can at least accomplish an episode or two to show what this thing can really be the chances of building a willing staff will increase. The 'if we build it they will come' saying.

What is needed without a doubt are the voice actors. I shall start up a list of characters (for starters I'll just keep it contained within the core cast) and dialogue lines for the auditions. That will be up tonight-ish. I hope.

As before, I'm here to fill in whatever gaps you end up with. I can do it all, but I probably can't do it as well as other people out there can.

Chances are I'll be throwing you with me to make up the writing staff for the first ep, or until more people join our ranks.

Whew. So glad you said that you're the only person I know with creating music experience. I am completely in the dark with this part of the project. On that subject, what kind of music are you actually able to provide? I've heard much of your RPG-y tunes, but I think for this it will require something less game-y. If that makes sense?

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:40 AM

As Ive been talking to John on MSN I'm taking second position of Showrunner. We have been giving ideas to one another for a while now and have started organizing parts. So.. Lets make this a project that lasts guys

#7 Spade

Spade

The Moderator Formerly Known as Rayzor and Prince

• Fellow FUSer
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

Sounds interesting *ba–dum–tshh* pun not intended.

Chief contacted me about becoming a head writer, so I'll throw my hat into ring for that – or whatever that bloody phrase is. Could also have an attempt at doing a couple voices too.
QUOTE (John Roberts @ Jan 6 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never realised SatAM had established Sally's love for cock.

Spoony on The Wicker Man:
This is the funniest movie of all time! Where else can you see a movie where Nicolas Cage beats up lesbians in order to dress up in a bear suit?

#8 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:53 AM

I've seen some of your work, so I know you can write. Happy to have you mate.

(And yeah, Chief told me he was going to contact you about it. He's the bastard that put the good word in for you.)

I should make a point to say that for the current people already on the staff are members that I either know and/or have seen their work. I know they can do the job they've be listed for. What I don't want to give off here is some sort of 'elitism' where only the known members of FUS can be apart of this. If you can write, or if you can create music, sounds, make good coffee please don't feel your expertise won't be happily accepted. All I do ask though is if you can provide a sample of what you are applying for. Thank you. (I shall edit this into the main post as well)

#9 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":kf73g69h)

Chances are I'll be throwing you with me to make up the writing staff for the first ep, or until more people join our ranks.

Writing is probably the thing I'm best at, so I'm down with that. I've never tried writing a serious SatAM story before, so I don't have any idea how I would do at it, but I think it has a good chance of turning out well, especially if I have a good writing partner. (As I've said various times, I'm not so good at plots, the skeletal aspects of storytelling... but if you want me to flesh out a story idea you already have in mind, then I'm your man!)

QUOTE ("John Roberts":kf73g69h)
you're the only person I know with creating music experience.

Well, I can do music too! Valerie's a much better composer than I am, though, especially for this sort of thing, so she's probably right for the job. I could possibly help her flesh out the music or contribute some bits of my own if necessary, but if it's not necessary then I'll just let her do her thing.

- Kef

#10 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:10 AM

That will work out exactly as I was hoping for mate. *Thumbs up* The perfect idea I have for this is to form a group of writers that will do just as you described. Of course that is not to say I wouldn't want any of them to never come up with plots of their own, I would actually encouraging them to create their own thing as long as it follows the structure of the show, and of the occurring storyline we set into place.

Hell yeah! More than one person in the music department is a good thing. Extra expertise can be helpful, and I'm sure Val won't argue the fact. *shakes stick* As I asked Val though, I shall ask you too: What style of music can you compose?

#11 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":191rb031)
So I could throw your name down as an 'if' and 'when' on the Writer's list?

Yup.

dialogue lines for the auditions

Don't forget there's already a list of these in the old thread, should you want to plunder it.
Cheers!

#12 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":3onwynsy)
As I asked Val though, I shall ask you too: What style of music can you compose?

Unfortunately, music for a show like SatAM is probably one of my weak points. My strength really lies in video game music. Even the music I write that isn't for games often sounds like it's for a game.

You can hear a little bit of my music at http://www.furrykef.com/music, but be warned that you'll need a player such as WinAmp that can play .s3m and .it files.

- Kef

• GUESTS

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

I'm a multitalented writer type creative detailish person who could help with stuff. Nobody wants me though.

#14 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE ("Kefke_Wren":1m04if1b)
I'm a multitalented writer type creative detailish person who could help with stuff. Nobody wants me though.

Can you show us a sample of your writing?

• GUESTS

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE ("chief":yxyf8vsk)
QUOTE ("Kefke_Wren":yxyf8vsk)

Can you show us a sample of your writing?

I had a prolouge to a Season 3 themed fanfic I was writing on the old forum, but it seems to be inacessable now...and honestly I think I may have come dangerously close to the "Golden Age Comics" standard with the descriptive style. Maybe a bit too much alliteration.

#16 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

*Gets draft letter from Chief* well after all, if we don't do it who will? Onward for the cause!
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#17 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":254h7hxt)

Whew. So glad you said that you're the only person I know with creating music experience. I am completely in the dark with this part of the project. On that subject, what kind of music are you actually able to provide? I've heard much of your RPG-y tunes, but I think for this it will require something less game-y. If that makes sense?

All depends on what you're looking for. If the music from my my SheezyArt Gallery is any indication. I am more than capable of delivering music for other genres.

76561197990969478.png

• GUESTS

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

I might be interested in Voice Acting, I've had a little experience in the past and have been complemented before for it, so I think I'm pretty good.

Chief and I agreed that I would probably be best suited for Rotor.

I'd like to know more about how it would go though before I make any commitments.

#19 Momiji-kun

Momiji-kun

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

Web management and graphic design spots, plz. I know HTML, PHP, and Javascript, and am willing to learn new markup/scripting languages as the job requires, can use Photoshop and Flash, and know karate. I have also managed a website before -- my old WoW guild's website, which is sadly no longer up. Need I remind you I know karate? Will submit portfolio if necessary.
No HTML in sigs? What is this shit?

#20 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

I have quite a few years in acting, so I am somewhat interested in this, but I'm confused as to what it is by the "radio-drama podcast thingy"? What exactly is it? xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users