Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (17 March 2019 - 02:30 PM)

I mostly just check in to validate new users and to zap spambots. Obviously, we get far, far more spambots.

@  randomizer : (17 March 2019 - 12:08 AM)

I pop in every couple of days but I don't really have much to say so I mostly just lurk.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 11:33 PM)

Not looking for anything particular here, but since we got people checking daily, I thought I'd point out that I posted a new topic in SatAM Chat. Show a guy some love and check it out.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 10:56 PM)

bout the same for me too. I honestly don't remember at this point.

@  Shadow : (14 March 2019 - 01:50 PM)

I been here since I was 14 years old.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:39 AM)

I lurk, too. Sometimes. Maybe us seniors should just meet up at a retirement village.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:38 AM)

Hiho Wildfire!

@  wildfire : (13 March 2019 - 10:39 PM)

It doesn't help that everything i post on dies. But seriously, I do try and poke my head in from time to time. FUS was family to me for several years. I doubt I'll ever truly leave.

@  Shadow : (11 March 2019 - 04:43 PM)

I did mention before on the idea of a monthly podcast channel.

@  ShenFNWoo : (11 March 2019 - 06:06 AM)

Yeah, it's that kind of thinking that keeps this place dead, mang :\

@  wildfire : (10 March 2019 - 07:42 PM)

I still pop in from time to time. I'm like a professional lurker. As a senior member I think its fair to say I've earned that right. ;) Miss you guys.

@  ShenFNWoo : (10 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Rereading that, a lot of that came out completely wrong. But then again, it is a shoutbox, I don't know what the max word count is on the thing.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:25 AM)

As I've said many times before... IF the problem is that they themselves can't do it, then the guys running this place could possibly outsource in some form or fashion to people with more time to help work on this comic here. There's clearly people willing to pay for it, and even crowdfunding might be an option.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:23 AM)

There's really nothing stopping us. All we have to do is want to do this stuff.

Dr. Phil once said bored people are boring. Why a clinical psychologist who admits that most of the problem is of a functional nature within a patient's brain would believe this, I don't know, but there IS truth to that. Those who can't find something to try to work with to have or make a good time are usually just devoid of character themselves.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:21 AM)

I have a friend that's working on our game concept ideas who has major depression and horrible anxiety, 3 kids and a horrible job that takes up most of his day. He constantly gets on some of our team member's cases (even mine) about how there's 24 hours a day, and how Schwartzenegger's motivational speech can do wonders for us.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:19 AM)

OR we can make our own sonic stuff, and put together something that could tide us over until the 'official' sea3on starts back up.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

We're all here because we like Sonic. We want more of it. When there is no Sonic to speak of, we could EASILY branch off into other topics, and continue discussing that stuff instead.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:00 AM)

Like, disagreements will NOT murder your world. You'll live. There were intense discussions that kinda just faded into dust. Most here seem to be polarized hard in either direction. People who're too conservative, and then those who swallow libtard nonsense regarding gamergate. And when disagreement that strong appears, people want it shut down. At this point, if I were running the place, I'd take any and all discussion

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 06:58 AM)

And I'm not just talking about what happens with me. Nothing extracurricular around here gets much of any attention. People seem to be afraid to get their thoughts challenged, so they just get dissuaded from participating.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 06:56 AM)

Like, there are artists here and writers here. I draw something for you guys, and sometimes I get a reply, but for the most part, people just look at it and go about their business. Don't you WANT more content being posted?

Photo

Sally Acorn And Archie Freedom Fighters Possbily In Official Game In 2016

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

I have had a theory about Sally And The Freedom Fighters and their future in the Sonic Universe. Recently I discovered that because of events between Sega of America and Archie Comics that we might get Sally and The Gang in a New Official Game for the 25th Anniversary of Sonic The Hedgehog, and the 23rd Anniversary of The Archie Comics and Sonic The Hedgehog SatAM. My theory seems sound because in the new Post-Super Genesis Wave World in the comics Archie said that "The New World and the Freedom Fighters' New Designs look like their straight from the Games." and this new world was created after the result of the lawsuit against Ken Penders in which Archie and Sega of America were Partners and that event brought them closer together. plus Sega also had previously asked Archie to put Sally and the Freedom Fighters in Sonic 06' before the lawsuit began several years later but Archie said no. Archie has also had Sega Of America make Full Game Graphic CG with the Hedgehog Engine to accommodate the new designs and with the 25th Anniversary of the games and 23rd Anniversary of the Comics and SatAM, it seems we will finally get our official game with Sally and the Freedom Fighters(including Nicole The Holo-Lynx), after all these years. Tell me your thoughts on this below, and we will see what happens as 2016 approaches!    

Attached Files

#2 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

So that's why they gave her pants.

jNz0y5.jpg
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#3 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

Wishful thinking, lets see what happens

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#4 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

Oh I hope they show up! It'd be awesome! :)

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

Oh boy... Another one of these topics.

I know it's something we all (at least, on this forum) like to see one day, but the chances of them being featured in an upcoming game are now even slimmer. Now that SoA is now focusing more on mobile/PC games, that leaves Sonic Team in Japan to decide their next course of action. And since they've already shown a complete lack of interest with the American canon, I doubt they're going to change their minds anytime soon.

On the bright side though, there are plenty of fan-created games currently being released. There's bound to be a few with the Freedom Fighters included among them. Let's just hope it's one of the good ones.

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,505 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

On the one hand that would be awesome, and it would make a lot of the changes in the comic easier to swallow.

On the other hand, Penders is suing SEGA over the inclusion of the comic covers in Sonic Mega Collection, he sued them over Sonic Chronicles (which didn't feature the characters), and every attempt at including them into the main SEGA Universe has failed.  I highly doubt SEGA is willing to try again. 

Also since Sonic Boom (Game) failed, I doubt they'd be willing to risk another offshoot universe in the games.

#7 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

IMO, even if it did happen, it'd be too little, too late. I don't want to play a Segafied version of SatAM, and I imagine quite a lot of other people, SatAM fans and non-fans alike, don't either.

The ship has already sailed. The only way we're ever going to see a true SatAM game, or likely any SatAM game, is if some SatAM fanatic buys the rights. Which, well, isn't gonna happen.

It's sad, really, because I think I have the perfect design for such a game, and it's very different from any existing Sonic game while retaining the essential spirit of both the show and Sonic in general. But I'm never going to have permission to make it, and it's too large and risky a project to do as a fangame.

#8 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

It's sadly never going to happen. Sega/Sonic Team don't seem to give a crap about the western Sonic canons. We're probably lucky that the Satam characters weren't remove from the comics during the reboot.

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,505 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

It's sadly never going to happen. Sega/Sonic Team don't seem to give a crap about the western Sonic canons. We're probably lucky that the Satam characters weren't remove from the comics during the reboot.

Only half true.  The "Archie Sonic" characters did appear on the SEGA website years ago, and they did put the comic covers and Sonic Firsts as bonuses in Sonic Mega Collection.  They do recognize that these characters have a fan base.  They are aware that dropping those characters would ruin Archie Comics.  They didn't drop them because they still want to Merchandise Sonic. 

Also while we'll likely never see them in a game, they have been redesigned to be more SEGA, we may see them appear in some other form of media such as a toy or a background character in Boom. 

#10 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

Well they have been advertising the comics more than they did before the reboot so something has changed.

However that doesnt merit enough for them to be in the games

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#11 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

We'll just have to wait until next year and see what happens

#12 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

This is probably as close as we're ever going to get to Sally being in a Sonic game.

Their are however some really cool game mods.

#13 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

True Fact On The Mods But I Am Still Hoping For an Official Game.

#14 Koreth

Koreth

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

I doubt we're gonna see an official game. However, that doesn't prevent there from being fan games that are fun and worth playing.

#15 Lynchenberg

Lynchenberg

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

I think the reason the comics have been promoted more is because they seem to be making an active effort to mirror the games, and they've been doing that for a while now. The Genesis Wave just made it that much easier because they could essentially just start from scratch.  I think before they were indifferent to the SatAM cast, and after the lawsuit, they're probably actively hostile. The thought process likely is, "What if some ex-DiC exployee comes out of the woodwork with a document claiming he created Sally Acorn?" I imagine Ian Flynn probably had to advocate for not dumping the Freedom Fighters altogether. He grew up watching SatAM. I don't think any one else on the Archie or Sega staff can claim that. Making them look like recolours of the current game characters was probably a compromise they reached. I don't think that is the first step towards the Freedom Fighters being integrated into the games. If anything, this is the first step toward phasing them out entirely. Once Ian Flynn leaves the book, I guarentee you the Freedom Fighters will not last much longer. And that's if they're around at all by that point. Just look at the front page of this very site. The 250th anniversary cover has Megaman featured prominantly, and none of the comic book cast. Think about that for a minute. Megaman, a character owned by Capcom, is featured prominantly on the cover. Sally's not even in a tiny side bubble giving a thumbs up or something. What does that tell you?

#16 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

The thought process likely is, "What if some ex-DiC exployee comes out of the woodwork with a document claiming he created Sally Acorn?"

I kinda doubt that's a major concern. I've never heard of that sort of thing happening with TV shows or cartoons, only comic books.

#17 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Once Ian Flynn leaves the book, I guarentee you the Freedom Fighters will not last much longer. And that's if they're around at all by that point. Just look at the front page of this very site. The 250th anniversary cover has Megaman featured prominantly, and none of the comic book cast. Think about that for a minute. Megaman, a character owned by Capcom, is featured prominantly on the cover. Sally's not even in a tiny side bubble giving a thumbs up or something. What does that tell you?

It's an issue of the "Mega Man" comic book series. Of course he's the prominent character on the cover. Who else were you expecting?

Are you kidding? From what I've gathered, the Freedom Fighters have never gotten this much attention before; in both the comic and in advertisment. I mean, most of the stories since the reboot have been entirely focused on the Freedom Fighters themselves, and the fact that they're getting top-billing in the upcoming crossover sounds like they're trying to further promote them as official characters.

While Ian is still writing for the series, I heavily doubt that he's the sole reason why the SatAM cast is still around. I mean, Archie knows that they're one of the reasons why the comic sells so well (the other being the better storytelling, as evident in the recent games). Plus, they recently acquired some new writers to add to the staff, and they too see the appeal of the Freedom Fighters.

If there's anything that'll potentially kill the SatAM cast, it'll either be by SEGA demand or Archie closing down. And so far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

#18 Lynchenberg

Lynchenberg

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

I wasn't referring to Mega Man's own comic. I was referring to this cover, http://vignette2.wik...=20130318065244 It's clearly celebrating the anniversary of the Sonic book lasting 250 issues, and even in spite of it being a crossover event, where are the Freedom Fighters? I fully accept Ian Flynn is focusing on the Freedom Fighters in the storylines, because he's a fan of the characters. But I see no evidence of Sega or Archie promoting the characters in their advertising. I'm not trying to be cynical; if I saw evidence of Sega of America promoting them in advertising, I'd be just as happy as anyone. If you can show me examples of Sega advertising where the Freedom Fighters as characters, not the comic book as merchandise, are clearly being promoted, I'd love to see it. But given their track record since 1999, I'll won't believe it until I see it.

#19 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

I wasn't referring to Mega Man's own comic. I was referring to this cover, http://vignette2.wik...=20130318065244 It's clearly celebrating the anniversary of the Sonic book lasting 250 issues, and even in spite of it being a crossover event, where are the Freedom Fighters? I fully accept Ian Flynn is focusing on the Freedom Fighters in the storylines, because he's a fan of the characters. But I see no evidence of Sega or Archie promoting the characters in their advertising. I'm not trying to be cynical; if I saw evidence of Sega of America promoting them in advertising, I'd be just as happy as anyone. If you can show me examples of Sega advertising where the Freedom Fighters as characters, not the comic book as merchandise, are clearly being promoted, I'd love to see it. But given their track record since 1999, I'll won't believe it until I see it.

That cover you're referring to is the original full cover. In the actual physical copy of the issue, Mega Man and the rest are on the back of the cover. The spine of the issue is what separates the two casts. Also, the issue takes place during the events of "Worlds Collide", which didn't feature any of the Freedom Fighters or other characters (except for minor cameos). So why bother including them in the cover if they didn't have anything to do with it?

As for the Freedom Fighters themselves, look at any of the covers for the current "Sonic Universe" storyarc "Spark of Life". They're all focused around Sally and Nicole. Sure, you got Tails and Big accompanying them in a few covers, but they're not taking up half the covers they're featured on. There's also the various alternate covers which depict them standing alongside Sonic and Mega Man for the upcoming "Worlds Unite" crossover.

#20 Lynchenberg

Lynchenberg

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

Good to know, but I'm referring specifically to Sega of America promoting the Freedom Fighters, which is what the claim of this topic is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users