Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (17 March 2019 - 02:30 PM)

I mostly just check in to validate new users and to zap spambots. Obviously, we get far, far more spambots.

@  randomizer : (17 March 2019 - 12:08 AM)

I pop in every couple of days but I don't really have much to say so I mostly just lurk.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 11:33 PM)

Not looking for anything particular here, but since we got people checking daily, I thought I'd point out that I posted a new topic in SatAM Chat. Show a guy some love and check it out.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 10:56 PM)

bout the same for me too. I honestly don't remember at this point.

@  Shadow : (14 March 2019 - 01:50 PM)

I been here since I was 14 years old.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:39 AM)

I lurk, too. Sometimes. Maybe us seniors should just meet up at a retirement village.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:38 AM)

Hiho Wildfire!

@  wildfire : (13 March 2019 - 10:39 PM)

It doesn't help that everything i post on dies. But seriously, I do try and poke my head in from time to time. FUS was family to me for several years. I doubt I'll ever truly leave.

@  Shadow : (11 March 2019 - 04:43 PM)

I did mention before on the idea of a monthly podcast channel.

@  ShenFNWoo : (11 March 2019 - 06:06 AM)

Yeah, it's that kind of thinking that keeps this place dead, mang :\

@  wildfire : (10 March 2019 - 07:42 PM)

I still pop in from time to time. I'm like a professional lurker. As a senior member I think its fair to say I've earned that right. ;) Miss you guys.

@  ShenFNWoo : (10 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Rereading that, a lot of that came out completely wrong. But then again, it is a shoutbox, I don't know what the max word count is on the thing.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:25 AM)

As I've said many times before... IF the problem is that they themselves can't do it, then the guys running this place could possibly outsource in some form or fashion to people with more time to help work on this comic here. There's clearly people willing to pay for it, and even crowdfunding might be an option.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:23 AM)

There's really nothing stopping us. All we have to do is want to do this stuff.

Dr. Phil once said bored people are boring. Why a clinical psychologist who admits that most of the problem is of a functional nature within a patient's brain would believe this, I don't know, but there IS truth to that. Those who can't find something to try to work with to have or make a good time are usually just devoid of character themselves.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:21 AM)

I have a friend that's working on our game concept ideas who has major depression and horrible anxiety, 3 kids and a horrible job that takes up most of his day. He constantly gets on some of our team member's cases (even mine) about how there's 24 hours a day, and how Schwartzenegger's motivational speech can do wonders for us.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:19 AM)

OR we can make our own sonic stuff, and put together something that could tide us over until the 'official' sea3on starts back up.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

We're all here because we like Sonic. We want more of it. When there is no Sonic to speak of, we could EASILY branch off into other topics, and continue discussing that stuff instead.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:00 AM)

Like, disagreements will NOT murder your world. You'll live. There were intense discussions that kinda just faded into dust. Most here seem to be polarized hard in either direction. People who're too conservative, and then those who swallow libtard nonsense regarding gamergate. And when disagreement that strong appears, people want it shut down. At this point, if I were running the place, I'd take any and all discussion

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 06:58 AM)

And I'm not just talking about what happens with me. Nothing extracurricular around here gets much of any attention. People seem to be afraid to get their thoughts challenged, so they just get dissuaded from participating.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 06:56 AM)

Like, there are artists here and writers here. I draw something for you guys, and sometimes I get a reply, but for the most part, people just look at it and go about their business. Don't you WANT more content being posted?

Photo

Game Changers.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Running Wild

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Might as well answer some questions.

Q1: The Story of Sonic 06

Ohh man that's a trip. Now there is a reason why there are so many plotholes (and not just because of sloppy writing), you see Sonic 06 was suppose to be a stand alone title originally having all these characters but none of the backstories at some point, but apparently that didn't happen. Honestly there are A LOT of things that could be changed in this story, Elise's Species maybe (at the very least give her actual character and gradual build up), conflict between characters, pointless cameos given reason, some characters not appearing at all, other conflicts, I mean a LOT of stuff could have been changed! Now ILOVEVHS' comment on replacing Elise with Sally is quite a good one but she wouldn't have saved that game alone, though I think Blaze could have fit that role just as well if not better. Really in order to fix the story of Sonic 06 we'd have to rewrite EVERYTHING in the game and keep the bare skeleton of the story as a basis.

Q2: Opinions on Silver and him in 06

I actually really liked Silver, I mean he was a flawed character and didn't just act as an archetype character with one personality trait. Like 06 while his gameplay was interesting and as fun as the game could get it really wasn't freshened out enough. I like his concept but much like Axl from Megaman X7 he really needs a second chance, Axl got his in X8 and he kicked ass! I mean you can still do the whole time travel future angle or have him as a part of Blaze's World with him as her sidekick/best friend or something along the lines of that, I'll say this that duo is pretty interesting if I do say so myself.

Q3: The Babylon Rogues, how would you handle them outside the Rider Series?

I might be an acceptation here but I liked the Riders games (though I never played Free Riders though), the Rogues themselves are a pretty interesting bunch though will probably be limited to Riders and Racing Games. I wouldn't mind if we got to see them in action games as I'd like to see how they would play, or if they could even fly like Speedy from Tails Adventures. 

Seriously, HOW THE HELL did nobody know that Robotnik was evil!? I mean just look at those red, glowing, hellish eyes, oh yeah I can completely trust that guy with my life! *sarcasm*

#62 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Might as well answer some questions.

Q1: The Story of Sonic 06

Ohh man that's a trip. Now there is a reason why there are so many plotholes (and not just because of sloppy writing), you see Sonic 06 was suppose to be a stand alone title originally having all these characters but none of the backstories at some point, but apparently that didn't happen. Honestly there are A LOT of things that could be changed in this story, Elise's Species maybe (at the very least give her actual character and gradual build up), conflict between characters, pointless cameos given reason, some characters not appearing at all, other conflicts, I mean a LOT of stuff could have been changed! Now ILOVEVHS' comment on replacing Elise with Sally is quite a good one but she wouldn't have saved that game alone, though I think Blaze could have fit that role just as well if not better. Really in order to fix the story of Sonic 06 we'd have to rewrite EVERYTHING in the game and keep the bare skeleton of the story as a basis.

Q2: Opinions on Silver and him in 06

I actually really liked Silver, I mean he was a flawed character and didn't just act as an archetype character with one personality trait. Like 06 while his gameplay was interesting and as fun as the game could get it really wasn't freshened out enough. I like his concept but much like Axl from Megaman X7 he really needs a second chance, Axl got his in X8 and he kicked ass! I mean you can still do the whole time travel future angle or have him as a part of Blaze's World with him as her sidekick/best friend or something along the lines of that, I'll say this that duo is pretty interesting if I do say so myself.

Q3: The Babylon Rogues, how would you handle them outside the Rider Series?

I might be an acceptation here but I liked the Riders games (though I never played Free Riders though), the Rogues themselves are a pretty interesting bunch though will probably be limited to Riders and Racing Games. I wouldn't mind if we got to see them in action games as I'd like to see how they would play, or if they could even fly like Speedy from Tails Adventures. 

Let's discuss Silver. How would you give him a second chance? Or better yet. How would you write his character in '06?

#63 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Silver is a difficult character to write. Due to him being in the future no matter what he does will have an effect on his timeline. Perhaps hecould be in Blaze's dimmention as Blaze's dimmention's Sonic counterpart?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#64 Ogilvie

Ogilvie

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

TheRedStranger suggested we move this here to avoid derailing a topic and so I did!

As for the Moon thing, I note it's been partially mentioned already, but Sonic Boom 2013 gave an answer: Iizuka-san said that every game you play, you happen to be looking at the full side.

Yeah, they make up the answers as they go. That's why I don't really pay mind to what Iizuka and co. say at QnA sessions (unless it fits my agenda of course). I really want the Sonic dev team to make a giant encyclopedia of sorts that lists all the canon and rules. Every franchise BESIDES Sonic has one by this point, and it would help write a coherent story.

While I like Black Knight's story more than that of the other 3D Sonic games (though that's mainly a matter of the bar being set so low), I agree that Sonic's logic completely falls apart at the end...unless there's some downside to Merlina's plan that I'm missing.

To obtain immortality for her and her Kingdom, she's basically selling her and every Camelotian's soul to the Underworld. Just look at the world as it's transforming - it's not a thing of beauty at all. It's slowly turning into a nightmarish realm. Camelot may be eternal, but it's not going to remotely resemble the land Merlina cares so much about.

It's a common theme in fiction that to become immortal, you often have to give up your humanity. Merlina was doing a fantastic job of that, based on her appearance alone. The most simplified definition of good versus evil, I think, would be that evil is putting your interests ahead of everyone else's, regardless of consequence to them, whereas good is putting everyone else's interest ahead of yours, regardless of the consequences to you.

More on topic, I do greatly like the song With Me, though it's not in the poll. Besides being action-packed, it also embodies Merlina's selfish despair fairly well. I was also ecstatic to see the return of a rock final boss theme after the orchestra pieces in Sonic 2006 and Unleashed. What I really like is the nice touch - they turned Merlina's tragic piano tune into a rock theme; I couldn't believe at first that Merlina's theme and With Me actually have the same beat despite their different instruments.

#65 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Now that Sonic Lost World's been out for a while, I'd like to hear how you would redesign the game. What are it's flaws, strengths that need to be reinforced, ect?

#66 Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Running Wild

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

I have yet to play it myself due to not having a 3DS or Wii U, but I will say that the Boss Fights (sans The Last One sort of) should have been retooled as they don't look impressive or challenging. Personally I would have expected more from Aliens in Sonic Games considering those who came before. Overall other then some retooling that I can't be a judge of yet it looks like a pretty good, though if they include the Run Button in future games perhaps they can add a dash of challenge like Super Meat Boy, only not as hard unless they are secret levels.

Storywise it was nice, though the Last Boss surprised me quite a bit considering the Villains of Lost World, wasn't really expecting that. Also for some reason The Zeti remind me of Bomberman Bosses and how there are always new antagonists, I wouldn't mind if we got new and different villains like that who aren't just controlled by Eggman, The Storybook Games had that in a way but still. Still I would have liked to known more about The Zeti, HOW Lost Hex came to be (I get Bomberman 64 flashbacks for some reason), and other mythos stuff that'll probably never get answered. Also what happened to Tails in the Story was a HUGE surprise, could have been done a lot better (and reminded me of Robo-Fox in STC) but to see THAT in the games has me pretty excited and I hope we see it in future games! :biggrin:

Seriously, HOW THE HELL did nobody know that Robotnik was evil!? I mean just look at those red, glowing, hellish eyes, oh yeah I can completely trust that guy with my life! *sarcasm*

#67 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

You are given the task to reboot the Sonic-Games. What do you do with the game mechanics, the lore, the characters, ecterra?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users