Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Kaizo Trap

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:42 AM

Hopefully this isn't a repost. I did search for it first.

This little gem from Guy Collins really brings back the feel of 16 bit gaming. Good references in it too. If you're patient (I'm not), there's a puzzle to finding the secret endings:

https://www.youtube....h?v=lIES3ii-IOg

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:53 PM

interesting. Cant really say more than that.

#3 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hardcore platforming skills!  The story behind the animation reminds me of Jumanji.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#4 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Actually that was rather cool.  Neat animation and concept.  

#5 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm pretty sure that video started my nostalgic journey that led me here.

After watching it, I took interest in some of the playthrough videos of old games. Eventually I watched a speedrun of Super Mario Bros. 2 that made my jaw drop. My thought was something along the lines of, "If a Mario game can be done that quickly....what about Sonic?" Of course it's hard to find Sonic speedrun videos where glitches aren't being abused, but that's another subject. Watching the Sonic game videos made me remember the old show - quite fondly -. Naturally I started rewatching it. Sure some of it didn't age well, but damn is it good. At least to me it is.

Back on the topic of Kaizo trap: There's some short messages in the video that are interesting: At 3:32 when traveling up the piston, you see "Unassisted Run Only" with some rules. Love the "No Pause No Hope No End".

At 4:13 There's a hate-filled rant from an AI from a short by Harlan Ellison Title "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" The excerpt reads, "Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuit in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the world \'HATE\' was engraved of each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans in this micro-instant. For you. Hate. HATE."

If anyone gets interested in pursuing the hidden endings, start at 7:01 and hover your cursor over the spring box for a transparent link to the 2nd ending.

Take note of all the blood stains as the leading lady is running through. Each one of those is a time that she died... Tell me that ain't love

This also just occurred to me rewatching it now. Could the main characters be modeled on Sonic and Sally? He's wearing blue and has spiky hair and she's a ginger who's determined to save him. I think I'm going to see if the animator will answer that. I may just be reaching here.

#6 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

hidden endings

Wow, THANK YOU for pointing this out. This just went from cool cartoon to Youtube masterpiece. Seriously, bravo. Is there a list somewhere of all of the Rick Roll videos it sends you to? There were some neat Sonic remixes in there.

(I like the MilesLuigi graffiti in the bad ending)

#7 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:44 AM

hidden endings

Wow, THANK YOU for pointing this out. This just went from cool cartoon to Youtube masterpiece. Seriously, bravo. Is there a list somewhere of all of the Rick Roll videos it sends you to? There were some neat Sonic remixes in there.

(I like the MilesLuigi graffiti in the bad ending)

I don't know of a list, but that acoustic cover of never gonna give you up was funny. You can find links to all the endings on a fan forum, but it takes a bit of googling. They're hidden from search on youtube. If I understood correctly, it takes decoding hexidecimal to get to the end. Want the link or do you want the challenge?

#8 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

Oh, I already beat it. I used a guide to get past the Long ending because screw that, but as a programmer I recognized the hex code immediately, and since there were no other links in the Short ending I knew that had to be the answer. I'm still not sure what the & codes after the door descriptions (HEAVEN &0, EARTH &7, etc) are for, though.

Also, I would recommend everyone read through this. Guy basically explains what it all means and gives away a few of the more obscure eggs. It's much more elaborate than I first gave it credit for.

#9 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

Oh, I already beat it. I used a guide to get past the Long ending because screw that, but as a programmer I recognized the hex code immediately, and since there were no other links in the Short ending I knew that had to be the answer. I'm still not sure what the & codes after the door descriptions (HEAVEN &0, EARTH &7, etc) are for, though.

Also, I would recommend everyone read through this. Guy basically explains what it all means and gives away a few of the more obscure eggs. It's much more elaborate than I first gave it credit for.

Thank you for that link! I now have "The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect" open on another tab. I love good stories about AI; hell even some bad ones.

I hope Guy produces another project of this caliber. I read through some youtube comments and apparently he got really bummed out by people freebooting the video. I've personally called someone out for it on FB, not that it does much good. Freebooting is such a dick move... Captain Obvious at your service! *salutes*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users