Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Idw Making A Cartoon Network Crossover Comic Series!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

crisis_0.jpg?itok=_uC7rZI5crisis2.jpg?itok=jSUpgy5x

HYYYYYYPE!!!!!!
image.jpg

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

......................not to be a party pooper but I don't like where this is headed.

I believe certain medias shouldn't cross because they just don't fit in the same world.

While I can see Samurai Jack, Ben 10, and Powerpuff Girls, but Ed, Edd, and Eddy just don't fit in with the rest.  

#3 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

......................not to be a party pooper but I don't like where this is headed.

I believe certain medias shouldn't cross because they just don't fit in the same world.

While I can see Samurai Jack, Ben 10, and Powerpuff Girls, but Ed, Edd, and Eddy just don't fit in with the rest.

(VHS bitch slaps Red)

NEVER TALK THAT WAY ABOUT THAT AMAZING SERIES.
image.jpg

#4 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

I kinda agree. But I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out. After all, it shares the same universe as "Codename: Kids Next Door", "Fosters' Home for Imaginary Friends", "Courage the Cowardly Dog", and "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy"; which, in turn, will later become the Land of Ooo in "Adventure Time".

Who knows? It could be good.

#5 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

I have faith. As long as they stay true to the shows, it could work.
image.jpg

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I have faith. As long as they stay true to the shows, it could work.

Double D is acting as the strong man on the cover. They already messed that up.

#7 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

...oh no.
image.jpg

#8 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Did they even try to make those two covers line up properly when put side by side?

#9 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Then again, the cover artist may be behind on his research. IDW doesn't actually publish an Ed, Edd n Eddy comic.
image.jpg

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Did they even try to make those two covers line up properly when put side by side?

Jack's foot is also on the villains side apparently so it's a traitor I guess. 

#11 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

They cropped them inproperly.
image.jpg

#12 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, they do line up properly if you take the one on the right and shift it to the left a bit. But I'm surprised the offset is as large as it is.

I know why it happens: when an image in a comic book goes all the way to the edge, as covers always do, it's called a "bleed". The way bleeds are made is the art goes a bit beyond the margin, the intention being that this stuff will get cut out when the book is printed so that the art will consistently go all the way up to the edge. What you don't know is how much of it will get cut off, and I'm guessing the digital copy they uploaded here wasn't cut off very much at all, which would normally be perfectly fine except for, well, something like this. So they probably line up rather better in print, but who knows how well exactly.

#13 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

It sounds interesting....

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#14 Zane

Zane

Hope your day's been well.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 16,603 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

I… Don't know.

I was never a big fan of Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Ben 10 is a cool concept that has some pretty cool episodes and stuff. Samurai Jack is… Confusing to me right now. I watched a few episodes, I was confused. I don't know if i wasn't paying attention or what, but i was confused. But i did like what i saw. Dexter and PPG is awesome to me. 

Now, this isn't the FIRST time they've done this ya know. They had an MMO a few years ago called Fusion Fall, which I played for a bit. I was neat. Until literally I could not do what I required me to do and I got really pissed at it. But yeah. Everyone had an anime look, and they didn't look bad, but looking back at it, it seems somewhat odd but cool to me.

As for this, I can't say how I feel about it, I just need to wait i guess.

It's been a while.

#15 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Don't forget the ultimate crossover "The Grim Adventures of the Kids Next Door". Not only was it a crossover between those two shows, but also featured countless cameos from other Cartoon Network shows on during that time.

#16 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Don't forget the ultimate crossover "The Grim Adventures of the Kids Next Door". Not only was it a crossover between those two shows, but also featured countless cameos from other Cartoon Network shows on during that time.

Fucking classic episode. I need to watch that again.
image.jpg

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Never really liked the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.  The two main characters were uninteresting in my opinion (Billy being to stupid to be of any value and Mandy being so dark/heartless/moody to be likable) but without them Grim wasn't entertaining (what little he was when they were there).  

KND was one of my favorite shows.  To have the two crossover was.....less then interesting to me.

Just saying.  There is nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't something I cared to see.  

I saw a lot of things about Fusion Fall that looked interesting but once again I saw a lot of stuff that I just felt shouldn't crossover.  

By the way, if anyone is interested, their is a very Manga/Anime-esque Crossover Comic of most of these characters (including some non-Cartoon Network Characters such as XJ9) in a fan comic here: http://ppg.snafu-com...com/?comic_id=0

#18 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

FUCK YES, I LOVE PPGD.
image.jpg

#19 Gremlin 24

Gremlin 24

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Ed Edd n' Eddy was literally my child hood, i didn't watch enough of any Ben 10 series to kinda of get behind them even when i remember watching a lot of the first 2, Powerpuff Girls was... "eh" for me, Billy and Mandy was pretty cool but nothing too spectacular nowadays, and i think KND was my "other" childhood. EEnE for comedy, KND for the action (man, i gotta rewatch KND sometime). and i never watched Samurai Jack, like, enough to really care. Dexter's Laboratory on the other hand... it's a very, very distant 3rd in "my childhood". It was a strange show, like that one episode where he and DeeDee were grounded and swapped rooms. But that's for another time.

But i'm all for the actual Xover (IMO, World's Collide was awesome), my main concern is the artwork, just WTF is up with the Eds? There's squiggle-vision, and then theres just plain bad art. There's something about their body structure and facial expressions that doesn't look like EEn'E to me. Sorry to rant about this particular slice of my childhood.

Reading that PPGD right now. Considering i grew up with most of these shows, the anime art style takes a while to get used to (not calling it bad, just different), but aside for that, i'm lovin' it.

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I love all of them except Ben 10.

Ed, Edd n Eddy is my favorite show.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users